Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coyote swap vid

Quote Originally Posted by Her5.0 View Post
    Looks and sounds great.

How is it running? Any stalling issues with that cold air?

Another week or so and I order the Coyote for the 84
    NICE! I love the look of the 84, almost bought one a couple times. That will be sweat!!! Have you done all of the prep work? When you install the motor suspend it somehow and lower the K-Member, makes headers easier to install. Remove header studs also. I removed the lifting irons b/c mine hit my fire wall....

No stalling but some low RPM stumble. Ford Racing tech told me just to keep it under 4K until I get a dyno tune. Right now I have 220 miles, and will be driving it a lot between now and Sunday. If I get to 450-500 miles I will change the oil and get the tune on Thursday the 23rd.

Runs great. Very smooth at 70-75 on the interstate. Even keeping it between 2-4K when accelerating I can tell it is going to pull hard. With in town, highway, idling in the drive, revving for vid and buddies it got 20.1 MPG. I am hoping for mid 20s.
    1979 Mustang Cobra 2011 Coyote 5.0, 8.8 w/3.73, PA C4.
    2010 Taurus SHO Livernois tune, Eibach Pro-Kit, Magnaflow, Airaid.
    2007 Escape 3.0 V6

<~~ envious, looks great congrats. I'd really love to this swap and with everything I spent on my Boss block 302, I probably should have.

Keep up the video work guys,its makes it feel like Im standing there with you.

Ken

Love it. Just need a video or someone reviving it while u record from the outside and someone else recording while u do a drive bye

Thanks for the tips....the T Top coupe is at the body shop and in many pieces, but once painted we move on to the Coyote

Good luck and keep us posted

Quote Originally Posted by PaulFORD8 View Post
    NICE! I love the look of the 84, almost bought one a couple times. That will be sweat!!! Have you done all of the prep work? When you install the motor suspend it somehow and lower the K-Member, makes headers easier to install. Remove header studs also. I removed the lifting irons b/c mine hit my fire wall....

No stalling but some low RPM stumble. Ford Racing tech told me just to keep it under 4K until I get a dyno tune. Right now I have 220 miles, and will be driving it a lot between now and Sunday. If I get to 450-500 miles I will change the oil and get the tune on Thursday the 23rd.

Runs great. Very smooth at 70-75 on the interstate. Even keeping it between 2-4K when accelerating I can tell it is going to pull hard. With in town, highway, idling in the drive, revving for vid and buddies it got 20.1 MPG. I am hoping for mid 20s.
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s-FOXOTE-(formerly...HERFOX)

FEP Ride of the Month January 2014.!!

Where are the "Engine Covers" ???

are you not going to put them on at all???
    I'm holdin on your rope, got me 10 feet off the ground

Very nice job, she is a sleeper for sure. Must be nice cruising 80 at 2000rpm.
    Last edited by 4EYED85; 04-14-2012 at 08:19 AM.

not bad not bad at all
    82 GT sunroof 4spd
    project 82
    84 GT sunroof 5spd sold
    91 LX Aod sold and missed
    92 25th RS camaro think i still have it
    89 GTA sold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12