Close

Default My Collection of GMP 1:18 Fox Body Mustangs

Well it's been almost 2 years since I worked for GMP developing diecast cars and related collectibles. I kinda miss the work but I've got 10 years in the diecast business and I think I'm done with that end of my professional career. Designing toys for Crayola now and having fun doing something other than car related believe it or not.
    Anyways after 2 long years we finally sold our house in GA (Back in PA now) and I brought my 1:18 diecast collection home with me in the car - not in the moving van. This is about 90% of my fox body stuff and a couple other misc Streetfighter models etc. that I developed for GMP. I have a few more in boxes that wouldn't fit but I thought I'd share my extensive collection of well over 50 fox body 1:18 diecast models. I believe 47 of them are visible in this pic. 15 of them are 4-eye cars including two 4-eye SSPs, two Trans Am series 4-Eyes, a couple SVOs, and three '85 GT Twisters. 1 model is a pre-production prototype of my 85 Notchback that I actually owned in dark blue metallic and regatta blue interior all in stock trim...1 of 2 ever produced, nope I won't sell it. Two are also 4-Eye 85 Notch Drag Cars. None are removed from the boxes, the ones parked around the boxes do not have boxes so I thought I'd display them since I had room. All the boxes have cars in them.

John McBride

Midnite Octane - "Fuel Your Imagination!"
    www.midniteoctane.com

Awesome Collection!

Love all of them! I just started collecting some of the GMP cars myself. I always liked them, but never seemed to be able to afford them when I wanted to buy.

I just picked up a couple of the Trans Am Mustangs. I have the Motorcraft and the 7-11 car. The 7-11 is the prototype as raced dirty version that never made production.

What is the Trans Am Mustang next to the Motorcraft in your picture. The colors make me think its a 7-11 car, but the graphics look different?

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

That's awesome !!! I always did want that Road Runner.
    '88 T-Bird Sport Twisted Wedge heads,3G,,Trick Flow R intake,Scorpion rockers,Ed Curtis cam,BBK headers,Mass Air with 24's,X-Pipe, Flomaster mufflers,75mm t-body,T-5, MGW shifter,Mach 1 chin spoiler,Bullitt gas lid,deep Cobra R wheels,Taurus fan,3.73 gears,140mph speedo,CHE control arms, custom Hood with ''72 Torino scoop, custom trunk lid with integrated spoiler

The #11 car next to the Motorcraft car is a St.James/Gloy Race car. It has the Secret Deodorant graphics on it. I know I was told the story on this one but can't remember.
    Thanks. Yeah the Roadrunners are also a cool four-eye! I don't have as many as I sold them off for really good money. I have 2 Hammer RRs, and two Streetfighter X RRs. One of each will be going up for auction.
    John McBride

www.midniteoctane.com

Did they ever make a 1:18 scale F Bomb camaro?
    <Dayne>
    1985 Monte Carlo SS 5.7
    1993 Civic Coupe JDM B16A1
    1982 Mustang GT 5.0
    1980 Mustang Notchback 5.0
    1993 Civic SI D16Z6
    1991 Camaro RS 3.1
    1978 Honda Accord CVCC 1.6
    1983 Camaro Berlinetta 2.8
    1981 Mustang Notchback ...Engineless...again

very nice collection.
    Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

Sweet collection
    Current Stangs
    08 GT500
    03 Mach 1
    Previous Foxes:91 GT, 89 Coupe, 91 Coupe, 83 Vert, 88 GT, 90 GT, 91 GT Vert, 89 Vert, 83 T-top Coupe, 85 T-top GT, 85 GT, 86 Coupe, 79 Ghia Coupe, 89 LX Hatch, 86 SVO

FEP Senior Member

Great collection man! I have the 93R myself and it is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Hey John,

There's a lot of cool stuff there. Did you work on all of those projects? What states were the 4eye SSP cars (California)?

Maybe I'll pick-up the feature vert and repaint to match my DD, now with 227K miles

Sorry to hear that GMP is no more... I was just starting up my collection of GMPs, this spring. I got some foxes, wanted to get all of them, but in the past month or two, I've noticed the prices are heading way northward to a point where I had to stop my fox GMP collection.

Good luck with your new career field... changes are sometimes scary, but more times than not, fun.
    James
    86 GT 'vert 5sp Dark Grey Metallic (1D) SOLD

Are the motorcraft IMSA cars still available? That thing is pretty cool.
    Rob

'83 Capri RS, all apart again
    The rebirth: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ghlight=rsmerc

'13 Raptor SCrew

Wow, thats an incredible collection. Love them all.
    Stan
    1986 Ford Mustang Saleen #80 Gray/gray
    1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren Coupe#20 Black/silver, gone.
    1985 GT Silver/gray T-top car, gone
    1985 Canyon Red Turbo coupe, gone

Very Nice I too have been trying to put my hands on a Motorcraft car. Looks alot like what I have Just the wrong color

Jeremy86coupe - The 93 Cobra R is a GREAT model. Check out the degas system with all the correct plumbing. There's ridiculous details on that one in particular. Love that model.
    Rich - I have one extra I will give you. I don't have the box but it's in nice shape and I have a boot and top for it too. We need to get together. I brought my plastic models back home with me too. We finally sold our house in GA so I have all my stuff up here with me. I'd have to check on the SSPs...there were a few of them. I think 8-9 in total were produced?
    Aside from some of the older fox tooling on some of the top ones like the cop cars and others with the larger wider boxes I worked on probably all but about 6-7 of those cars shown there. I couple of them up there have the Vortech blowers on em with holley Systemax intakes and other mod parts. The plumbing and detail on those blowers are awesome. I worked closely with Vortech and MM&FF magazine to get the details really nice on those.
    It is a shame that GMP is no more. I know the tooling is long gone too since GMP and the factory that has(had) the tooling parted ways on a bad note. The fox Mustang tooling is long gone.
    80notch - No they didn't do the F-Bomb Camaro.
    John McBride

www.midniteoctane.com

Awesome collection. I love my GMP '85 Mustang GT diecast.

Good luck at Crayola!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGMachine View Post
    It is a shame that GMP is no more. I know the tooling is long gone too since GMP and the factory that has(had) the tooling parted ways on a bad note. The fox Mustang tooling is long gone.
    THAT makes me sad, I have the blue/silver aero GT but hoped to pick up a Cobra and an SSP at some point.
    1986 Black GT with T-tops

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

I'm LOVING that MALCO Fastback! Anymore info on that one?
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Very nice collection, love the 85s and the yellow feature car

VERY NICE!!!!
    I wish I had just one of those. Never could afford them.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Nice collection! I loved the GMP cars from the moment I saw the dark gray and silver 2 tone Aero GT. That's the color combo of my GT. I've yet to pick one up yet though. With prices climbing, sounds like I need to asap.

If it is time to sell your collection. Let me know. I am a 1:18 collector and appreciate your collection.
    David
    dpjlp1@yahoo.com

Great collection! Wish I had started getting the foxes before the prices went up. I have some, but I keep looking. They are hard to find.

If anyone is interested, I expanded my search and found a 1985 Black GT for $160 Cdn. advertised on "KIJIJI" in Ontario.

He still had it 2 days ago...Here is the link:

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-se...AdIdZ510629371
    Rob