Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My Frozen Foureye

Been waiting on the snow all day but so far we have only had allot of freezing rain. I know this is nothing for my northern buddies but I live 15 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. Were not supposed to get this kind of stuff. One of the many reasons I choose to live in the deep south is because I don't like the cold. Oh well, whether the weather be good, or whether the weather be not. Whether the weather be cold, or whether the weather be hot. We whether the weather, whatever the weather, whether we like it or not.

65 Mustang
    77 Mustang
    84 GT Turbo
    85 Mustang Convertible
    86 Mustang LX

I heard your area was in for a cold spell. Be careful on that slippery stuff.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

I really, really, REALLY, don't feel bad for you. It's 18 degrees out here right now and it's going to snow again tonight.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

Quote Originally Posted by mustangxtreme View Post
    I heard your area was in for a cold spell. Be careful on that slippery stuff.
    Thanks! I'm not getting out there in this. Most of the roads are closed already so we can't really get out even if we wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty54 View Post
    I really, really, REALLY, don't feel bad for you. It's 18 degrees out here right now and it's going to snow again tonight.
    I've had my fill of northern winters and you can have them. lol It's going to get down to 18 tonight but if it gets below 70 down here it's way to cold. I have a good friend of mine that lives up the road. He's from Boston but has been down here about 20 years now. He moved down to get into a warmer climate. Today he told me he's getting the short end of the stick. lol
    65 Mustang
    77 Mustang
    84 GT Turbo
    85 Mustang Convertible
    86 Mustang LX

Hang in there, this is only a temporary inconvenience. You'll warm up a lot quicker than it will up here in Ma. Someday, I'll be heading south myself.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

Moved from Iowa to Georgia this past summer, thought I would probably be getting away from this stuff!! Oh well, reminds me of home a little bit...
    Called in to work tonight since traffic is ill-prepared to drive in this stuff. It isn't my abilities I worry about!! On the other hand, my SO has been trapped in traffic for 5 hours now. She was let off work at 1, it is now 6 and she still isn't home. Traffic is NUTS!!

The view from my front door...
    Name:  IMG_2930.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  121.4 KB
    84 LX convertible: 5.0 swap from a Lincoln Mark VII : 11/2011-11/2013 (Sold....)
    My Baby-77 Cobra II-302 5 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by LILCBRA View Post
    Moved from Iowa to Georgia this past summer, thought I would probably be getting away from this stuff!! Oh well, reminds me of home a little bit...
    Called in to work tonight since traffic is ill-prepared to drive in this stuff. It isn't my abilities I worry about!! On the other hand, my SO has been trapped in traffic for 5 hours now. She was let off work at 1, it is now 6 and she still isn't home. Traffic is NUTS!!

The view from my front door...
    Name:  IMG_2930.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  121.4 KB
    Hey lilcbra... Where in Georgia are you? We are over in gwinnett and it really sucks over here right now. Left work early to beat the ice and it took me almost 2 hours to get home. 10 miles which normally takes me about 15 mins. Yea and like a dummy I drove the gt today and she gave me hell for it too low.

Marietta, work @Emory Hospital on Clifton...
    84 LX convertible: 5.0 swap from a Lincoln Mark VII : 11/2011-11/2013 (Sold....)

O nice my sister and law works at emory

LOL!! Just seen the hood of the truck!! Too bad it isn't on a 5.0 vert, it would make it even more "dramatic"...

I thought about you down there when I looked at AccuWeather today. I'm in Arkansas today ---- and seeing that much pink and blue on the radar south of me is not normal. Stay warm.
    13 Dodge Dart
    09 Shadow Sabre
    08 Caliber
    05 Aztek
    02 Avalanche
    02 Thunderbird
    01 Cadillac ETC
    98 Explorer
    96 Suzuki X-90
    89 Fleetwood
    89 Continental
    88 Town Car
    86 Silverado
    84 Fiero
    83 Town Car
    82 LN7
    82 EXP
    80 Mustang
    65 Continental
    62 Galaxie 500
    54 Packard

Stock never goes out of style.

The planet is supposed to be getting warmer but the experts say we can expect more extreme swings from cold to hot to cold, floods and droughts. I have always planned on becoming a snow bird in Florida when I retire. Lately I've been thinking about locations further south.

http://www2.wxyz.com/generic/weather/hourly

This was our weather today and tonight. Don't want to hear anyone cry LOL
    85 GT Vert 5 Speed 42K original miles As of right now Stock to the bone well not so much bolt ons going on

It was 75 today, supposed to be around 80 tomorrow...sorry guys and gals!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by LILCBRA View Post
    LOL!! Just seen the hood of the truck!! Too bad it isn't on a 5.0 vert, it would make it even more "dramatic"...
    That would have been funny. lol I should have written it on the 86 lol

Quote Originally Posted by dburdyshaw View Post
    I thought about you down there when I looked at AccuWeather today. I'm in Arkansas today ---- and seeing that much pink and blue on the radar south of me is not normal. Stay warm.
    Yes seeing that stuff down here is a strange sight.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatch View Post
    The planet is supposed to be getting warmer but the experts say we can expect more extreme swings from cold to hot to cold, floods and droughts. I have always planned on becoming a snow bird in Florida when I retire. Lately I've been thinking about locations further south.
    All this cold and snow is due to global warming. You might have to go to Puerto Rico lol

Quote Originally Posted by Radarluv View Post
    http://www2.wxyz.com/generic/weather/hourly

This was our weather today and tonight. Don't want to hear anyone cry LOL
    That's cold for sure. When I was at Minot AFB in North Dakota in 89 it got down to -30's a few times. I said if I ever get back down to the south again I would never complain about the cold again..... I lied. lol
    65 Mustang
    77 Mustang
    84 GT Turbo
    85 Mustang Convertible
    86 Mustang LX

tomorrow will be hot again.

welcome to Mississippi they say

Last edited by Sinister; 01-28-2014 at 11:07 PM.
    Always Stay Humble. -Sinister-

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Killagt View Post
    At least you know enough to keep the Mustang in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    At least you know enough to keep the Mustang in the garage.
    Cant name it garage queen for no reason, mustang in warm garage under a cover with battery tender plus connect to it.

I'm about an hour north of you Rkuhn and the GF sent pics of my yard with about half an inch of snow on the ground and I showed them to a co worker from Maine he just LOL and said thats not snow my snow blower wouldn't even pick that up. I was like we will close school for a week or more over this much snow... I'm with you high 60's is cold to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Doctor Porkchop View Post
    I'm about an hour north of you Rkuhn and the GF sent pics of my yard with about half an inch of snow on the ground and I showed them to a co worker from Maine he just LOL and said thats not snow my snow blower wouldn't even pick that up. I was like we will close school for a week or more over this much snow... I'm with you high 60's is cold to me.
    yub, same here, i send a pix to my friend up in indianapolis, and she send me a pix of her front yard, snow is 4 feel tall , I feel ashamed

Ya... the weather sucks this year way to cold and it's been snowing alot in the NE.Tough to do anything can't wait till spring !
    [308,GT40 Heads,Cobra upper/lower Intakes,Accufab 70mm TB,1.7 Crane Rockers,255 Walbro,75mm 19lbs MAF,BBK Shorty Headers,High Flow Cats,Flowmaster 40's,3.55 Gears,Aluminum D/S,Tokico shocks/struts,MM Subframe Connectors.]
    DD: 2011 v6 mustang

It's nuts that you guys are getting this kind of weather down south. I find it amusing that it shuts everything down but I suppose that's what you have to do when you aren't equipped for it. Up here the kids might have got a snow day but pretty much everyone would still go to work.
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Some counties around here barely prep the roads at all, so once it's driven on and packed down and becomes an ice sheet, there is no driving on it with anything.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Killagt View Post
    tomorrow will be hot again.

welcome to Mississippi they say

Wow your SS has a runny nose lol

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Doctor Porkchop View Post
    Post some pics here. I have a friend in Cleveland and he said he would trade with me. I gladly rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by 9redfox3 View Post
    Ya... the weather sucks this year way to cold and it's been snowing alot in the NE.Tough to do anything can't wait till spring !
    This has been a weird year that's for sure. I feel for you guys up there. I have friends through the south east as well and they were hit hard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 85GT-79FJ40 View Post
    It's nuts that you guys are getting this kind of weather down south. I find it amusing that it shuts everything down but I suppose that's what you have to do when you aren't equipped for it. Up here the kids might have got a snow day but pretty much everyone would still go to work.
    yah were not equipped for this kind of stuff. We very rarely get this kind of weather. Last Friday night the roads froze over and there was over 30 wrecks in our county of 60k people and a few fatalities so this time they just shut the roads down.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    Some counties around here barely prep the roads at all, so once it's driven on and packed down and becomes an ice sheet, there is no driving on it with anything.
    Yah that's our issue. I almost broke my neck just trying to walk in it. lol

Here's today's pics. We never did get the snow. This is just sleet accumulation.

Two of my four eyes and my 65 are tucked away. lol
    Last edited by rkuhn; 01-29-2014 at 09:37 AM.
    65 Mustang
    77 Mustang
    84 GT Turbo
    85 Mustang Convertible
    86 Mustang LX

I occasionally talk to friends and relatives down south when we are having a blizzard or cold spell up here in the northeast and they always have to rub it in about how it's 80 degrees down here and they're sitting by the pool. Well, welcome to our world. All I can say is if you don't need to drive, stay off of the roads and this will all be gone in a day or two.

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast