Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I-Pods

Love my I-Phone 4 and the wife loves her 3GS.
    83 GT w/ T-Tops (JeffCleaned)
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5

My daughter (10 years old) just got an Ipod touch from Santa. Prior to that she was using (borrowing) my wife's Ipod Nano. For me, the Ipod user interface on the home PC sucks. I like the concept of Itunes, but again, I'm not a fan at all of the UI......

I have an RCA MP3 player that holds all of my CD's that I ripped. Since it's compatible with Windows, it's drag and drop what I want on it. And just like an Ipod, I can use it in the car, truck or on my PC via USB. And it was only around $40 from Target a few years ago.

And yes, I'm around your age Pete
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

FEP Power Member

Talking

Hi Pete! I'm 4 years older than you. I have the 80 gig iPod Classic and it has about 7500 songs on it. I love it and take it everywhere. I have over 400 vinyl albums and about 300 CDs and they have all been converted to mp3. The 80's were great but technology has made recording music so much easier. I used to make mixed tapes way back for parties. Now I just make a playlist and there you go...Awsome! I still have my cassette decks, turntables, CD players and mixers from my DJ days. It's always great to spin the vinyl but making mixed cds using software is fun too.

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by who-nxt View Post
    I'm 40, and following this thread closely. My AM radio in the wagon is my only radio and it doesn't work!!! No, I am not kidding! It's pathetic! I miss my music!
    Car has plans, but I'm ready to get in touch with the times.
    Keep on reading! I'm into it but my twin brother is not. He could care less about his tunes. His idea of "tunes" is listening to the growl of his 337 stroker motor as he's blowing by me.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Good mix of responses here. Keep 'em comin'!
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    11.49 @ 121.86

307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Buy A Microsoft Zune HD! much better and much cheaper, not as many apps, but higher quality and let's be honest, at your age how often will you use game apps?
    1980 Cobra 8W Chamois Glow
    302 w/Performer Intake & Cam, T5, Hooker Super Comp Shorties, BBK Off Road X-pipe, Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-Back
    BBK Progressive springs, Koni SA Shocks
    Ask me about interior panel resto, PM me if you have Recaro parts.
    Kenny
    (son of 347togo)
    Click here for my Interior Resto guide
    Build Thread
    Turnin', Burnin', and Learnin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Joshua View Post
    Love my I-Phone 4 and the wife loves her 3GS.
    And how's the 4G? oh wait you don't have it! hahahaha! Android rules!
    1980 Cobra 8W Chamois Glow
    302 w/Performer Intake & Cam, T5, Hooker Super Comp Shorties, BBK Off Road X-pipe, Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-Back
    BBK Progressive springs, Koni SA Shocks
    Ask me about interior panel resto, PM me if you have Recaro parts.
    Kenny
    (son of 347togo)
    Click here for my Interior Resto guide
    Build Thread
    Turnin', Burnin', and Learnin'

FEP Power Member

Here's what I know.

My 60 year old mother recently handed me her ipod and asked me to add some songs to it for her. I plugged it into my PC and tried to access the music on it. Instead of a list of songs I got gibberish like Fdd, KFF, IDD and similar file names. The fact that the only way to put songs on or off an ipod is to install itunes is annoying to me. Once I got her up and running again, I took itunes off my PC.

Some of you might consider it worth the extra cash to have the little apple logo on your purchase. Just like some people are willing to pay $50 for a $10 shirt because it has a little alligator on it. I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by 80CobraKid View Post
    Buy A Microsoft Zune HD! much better and much cheaper, not as many apps, but higher quality and let's be honest, at your age how often will you use game apps?
    I've heard about the Zune's but I've already had my i-pod for about 3 years and didn't hear about it until recently. You're right about the game apps though - I'd never use them! I'm all "video gamed" out. After growing up on them and moving from one system to another, I think I've "had my fill".
    Last edited by Hissing Cobra; 01-15-2012 at 09:14 PM.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    11.49 @ 121.86

307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

45 here, I have a iPhone 4S, iPod Touch, and IPod Nano ... I travel a lot for work and it's nice to have music, podcasts, and internet from a numver of sources (3G & WiFi on phone, WiFi on touch, etc .... never play anything but my iPod in the car, etc ... Yes, iTunes can be a bit of a pain, but it also simplifies everything at the same time, double edged sword ... I had a Droid phone and dumped it when I could, I guess I bought into the whole Apple thing
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo - Only a 4 banger - 1/8th 6.29@110, 1/4 9.87@137

Neither here nor there

Every time I am trying put music on our iTouch or Kristens phone she hears me bitching up a storm of how much I BEEPING hate ITUNES.

I have a zune and another old mp3 player I like more, just put the folders on it I want , easy to find, delete, add, etc

HATE ITUNES, not a big apple fan in general.
    My wife hates that she doesn't have 4G either, my android is so much faster too

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    Every time I am trying put music on our iTouch or Kristens phone she hears me bitching up a storm of how much I BEEPING hate ITUNES.

I have a zune and another old mp3 player I like more, just put the folders on it I want , easy to find, delete, add, etc

HATE ITUNES, not a big apple fan in general.
    My wife hates that she doesn't have 4G either, my android is so much faster too
    Me too. All of my smart phones have been Android, I'm not a fan of Macs.

I bought my Ipod back before anything else was available. I could give a rats a$$ what label is on it. My head units in my cars (main place I listen to the Ipod) all have Ipod inputs. Not the audio in but the actual Ipod plug so I can control the Ipod through the head unit. If it wasn't for that I'd switch.

I will say this. My first Ipod developed a fault, known issue, 3 years after it was out of warranty. I called Apple at 7PM. The next morning I had a return box with overnight label. 2 days later I had a brand new Ipod at no cost to me. I was pretty impressed by that.

I admit the I-tunes software is a pain if you never use it. I have actually become used to it, so it seems pretty easy to me. I guess it's all what you know.

FEP Power Member

I'm 2 months shy of 50 and I have had an I pod for about 4 years. I use it in the garage, on longer car trips, and sometimes to hang out on the back porch to drink a few beers and kick back and remember days gone by. I never really had any issue with navigation, but I haven't added any music for about two years. Guess I'm stuck in the past but most of the music on there is from the 60's,70's,80's and 90's.
    85 GT vert

I'm 38 and resisted getting an iPod for quite a while. Then my wife got me one 3 years ago and now I can't seem to be without it in the car. It's way easier to carry an ipod from car to car than a bunch of CD's. I've got iPod compatible head units in 3 vehicles, and I'll be putting one in the Capri too. My tastes in music are pretty varied so its nice to have the ability to put so much music on one device. I've just got an 8 gig nano and it's almost full. Itunes does frustrate me at times but I seem to muddle through it OK.
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Hate itunes.
    Hate my ipod.
    (Mostly I hate the wheel thingy)
    I had a cheap mp3 player with REAL buttons that I liked a lot more.
    However, I found it to be incompatible with my lawnmower after it fell out of my pocket....
    I'm 52, btw.
    1983 Mustang GLX convertible - "Collette"
    2002 Ford F-150 XLT
    2008 Acura TL
    2003 Chevy Suburban
    2003 Ford Taurus GL SW

FEP Member

46 here. I've used Ipods for many years. i'm not sure what all the fuss is about is I find itunes very easy to use. I currently use a 3rd gen classic (nastalgic), a 30G video and a 32g ipod Touch. The addition of the touch really expanded on the functionality. Now I've replaced my CD player completely and have all my tunes stored on my PC. I have playlist for tunes that I want to take with me stored on the touch and all my other music is available thru sharing to play on the touch wirelessly from my PC while connected into my main audio system. It also has the ablity to stream pandora, iheart radio and such has also replaced any need for an FM tuner.

I for one love the apple product line.

Steve
    1983 Mustang GT

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMcD View Post
    Hate itunes.
    Hate my ipod.
    (Mostly I hate the wheel thingy)
    I had a cheap mp3 player with REAL buttons that I liked a lot more.
    However, I found it to be incompatible with my lawnmower after it fell out of my pocket....
    I'm 52, btw.
    I've found that most mp3 players are incompatible with 70lb dumbbells. If I mowed my own lawn, I probably would've dropped one doing that too.

I have had an Ipod and currently have a Sansdisk. I use Rhapsody on my Droid most of the time.

My radio has a ipod docking cable run into the glove box so i have my tunes where ever i go.Very discrete and doesn't detract from the cars interior looks at all.

Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    I've found that most mp3 players are incompatible with 70lb dumbbells. If I mowed my own lawn, I probably would've dropped one doing that too.
    You only weigh 70lbs?

I have a zune which i like 100X better then my old ipods. SO much easier to mess with and no iTunes i hate how it locks your songs to iTunes. I use my HTC instpire with a 32gig memory card for my music playing now. Much Much better

FEP Senior Member

48 here and I have ipod, 1500 cd's, 6000 albums, about 1000 cassettes and I absolutely hate itunes.

The only reason I have an ipod is because I bought my wife an ipod touch, so I inherited her classic. I find it much easier to put music on the sd card in my Android phone, that way I can change cards as I change moods for music. Plus its less to carry around with me.

Chuck

So, MP3 or iPod? Or a decent Kenwood head unit that'll play burnt CDs for my wagon & be done?
    '78 Fairmont with 4 doors and 8 cylinders.
    '92 LX convertible with 2 doors and 4 cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
    Wow! That's HARDCORE with that amount of CD's! I can see why you'd stick with them. It takes a LONG time to upload all of them into I-Tunes and then it takes additional time to get them onto the I-pod. For the records, I don't even know if you could convert them over or not. I don't blame you at all!
    That's exactly why I don't use an iPod. Instead, I have a $50 Philips mp3 player. No need to upload anything anywhere. You can just load them directly into the player. Cheaper and quicker...can't beat it.

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    You only weigh 70lbs?
    I wish. Hell, even quadrupling that would be an improvement over what I weigh.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast