Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini1999 View Post
    Mike -

I found plenty of those on eBay for around 60 bucks a pair with free shipping, so I think that I'll take that route.
    Bryan,

Yup, looks like that is the going price, so that explains my memory of what I paid last year..

If you are still are undecided, head over to a car audio place and listen to the different speakers. If you do, let me know what you think. I bet you will like the way they these guys sound, but everyone's got different tastes. Like I said, it's asking a lot for these two small front speakers. My other cars have nice factory sound with a bunch of speakers, so in comparison, these do a great job of cranking out my 80's music in my ol' mustang.

Btw..merry Christmas! Sounds like Santa's bringing you lots of mustang stuff this year..enjoy!
    Mike
    1986 GT Convertible. Owned since 87. 189,000+ miles
    Medium canyon red metallic with custom charcoal grey/black two-tone leather interior
    Original stock 5.0 H.O. and T-5 manual
    Eibach pro-kit convertible springs

I have 4" diamond audio components in place of the stock 3.5" speakers. Nothing a dremel tool or die grinder cant take care of. With separate tweeters the mounting depth is not an issue, and imaging is better when you can mount the tweeter where you want. Not to mention they are very shallow to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by netminda85 View Post
    I looked at replaced my 3.5" front speakers and found that not many will fit with the limited depth room. Crutchfield said that they do not have any to fit my 85GT vert. The Pioneer TS-A878 3.5" fit perfectly and sound great. They are about the thinnest 3.5" speakers available for a reasonable price.

Rob
    I ordered these same speakers based on a previous post of yours and they were a perfect fit with the low clearance. So another vote for the Pioneer TS-A878.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

If you need lots of power in a tight package, Critical Mass has a set of these which will knock your socks off:

http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?s...lerid=19306284

They are expensive, but very powerful and the response is most impressive:

They should fit, although I'm not sure if the dash pad would survive the SPL.
    No longer visiting. Cheers.

Critical Mass is damned proud of their products aren't they.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    I ordered these same speakers based on a previous post of yours and they were a perfect fit with the low clearance. So another vote for the Pioneer TS-A878.
    Ed -

I did a search on eBay for a pair of this particular speaker. I could have a pair shipped for a very reasonable price. I've always liked Pioneer products, so I think that I'm going to opt for these instead of the JL unit.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTTops View Post
    If you need lots of power in a tight package, Critical Mass has a set of these which will knock your socks off:

http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?s...lerid=19306284

They are expensive, but very powerful and the response is most impressive
    Wow...429 bucks!! Well, I was wrong that the JLs were expensive..lol..it's all relative, I guess!
    Mike
    1986 GT Convertible. Owned since 87. 189,000+ miles
    Medium canyon red metallic with custom charcoal grey/black two-tone leather interior
    Original stock 5.0 H.O. and T-5 manual
    Eibach pro-kit convertible springs

Infinity's in my dash. However, I'm running these instead.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-1993-Fo...item336f664fef

Paid 70- shipped for a used pair. I'm going to hook the 3.5's up when I get around to installing my amp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12