Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Any new info?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    1985 Mustang GT Restoration-original black, moonroof, 5 speed car.

Not sure if this was already mentioned, or if it is the same in your state, but...

In California, in addition to the DMV there is the "Bureau of Automotive Repair". On the BAR website you can type in any license plate or VIN number and it will show the car's smog test history (from California).

http://www.bar.ca.gov/pubwebquery/Ve...PubTstQry.aspx

Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by stangboy85 View Post
    Any new info?
    I have continued to update my craigslist ad -- but have not gotten one single response.
    That said, I will keep trying. Thanks for asking! I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by jessesandy View Post
    Not sure if this was already mentioned, or if it is the same in your state, but...

In California, in addition to the DMV there is the "Bureau of Automotive Repair". On the BAR website you can type in any license plate or VIN number and it will show the car's smog test history (from California).

http://www.bar.ca.gov/pubwebquery/Ve...PubTstQry.aspx

Good luck !
    I'm not familiar with this website -- but will definitely look into it.
    Thanks for the tip! I appreciate it.

As 2016 comes to a close, so does another year of not finding this car.
    I've taken out newspaper ads -- posted flyers -- and had a continuous CL ad.
    I've had it on Facebook for quite some time, too.
    I've not gotten one response.
    Facebook people have given me some tips -- though none have panned out.
    I've driven around for countless hours just looking for it.
    I just cannot believe that no one has any type of connection to look it up by VIN.
    As mom's health continues to deteriorate, I just wanted to be able to show her that I found it.
    Last edited by dburdyshaw; 12-29-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Closest I've ever seen, and it's an '84. $1350 is a great price for it.
    Name:  00L0L_1CLDwtSFk54_600x450.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  33.6 KB
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Quote Originally Posted by brianj View Post
    Closest I've ever seen, and it's an '84. $1350 is a great price for it.
    Thanks Brian.
    I appreciate it.

It's been over four months since I've posted on this car.
    I joined this group on Oct 26, '16 -- and posted about the car. https://www.facebook.com/groups/carsthatgotaway/
    I also joined another Fox Body group on FB -- and they've offered some thoughts. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Stangfoxbody/
    With car show season coming up, I'm ordering some flyers from VistaPrint and will give those out.
    Someone ... somewhere ... has to know something about it.

Thank you to all of you who have offered suggestions on it. I appreciate you.

Quote Originally Posted by dburdyshaw View Post
    I haven't posted here in a long time -- though my search continues.

Using Mike's post (above) as a guide, I visited the local DMV -- and while they were nice, they essentially had no real information to give to me -- with one slight exception. When looking up the car by VIN, the girl seemed a bit puzzled -- so I guessed what was troubling her -- and that was the VIN. As the car is an '80 model, it does not have a 17-digit VIN -- and I explained that to her -- and she understood. She didn't find the car -- at first -- and asked me if the car had ever been titled in Arkansas -- and I said that I was sure that it had. She did a little more looking and said, "Oh -- it had been archived." I'm not sure if that meant anything.

I'm still looking -- and any help is appreciated.
    what did you tell the dmv to get them to look it u? i was told they wont do it and i am also looking for a old car thats why i asked. thanks
    1983 Mustang gt-t-tops,5.0,4spd,all original
    1983 Mustang GT -sunroof 5.0 5sp, work in progress.
    2003 Cobra - 2.8 pulley, headers, o/r xpipe,flowmaster cat back, bf irs brace, h&r race springs, mmcc. SOLD
    2002 Mustang GT - Lt headers,o/r hpipe,slp2 catback,4.10 gears,cai, pro 5.0 shifter,sct2 tune. SOLD
    2001 Focus zx3 - Daily Driver
    1988 Bronco XLT - 5.0 -Sold
    1983 Mustang GT - (my first car) sunroof, 306,srod 4sp, 3.55 gears, Lt headers, o/r hpipe, flowmaster catback. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by steven18222 View Post
    what did you tell the dmv to get them to look it u? i was told they wont do it and i am also looking for a old car thats why i asked. thanks
    PM to you, Steven.
    Here's what happened at the DMV: At first, the girl told me that she couldn’t help me and couldn’t give me any information. I was honest with her and explained my story to her – and then told her that all I wanted to know what if the car still existed. She looked it up and said that the car’s information had been archived. I asked her what she meant – and she never really explained. She said that I could go to the state DMV in Little Rock, but that they probably wouldn’t give me any information on it either.
    So, the short answer would have been that the DMV didn’t help me. I’m still looking for mine – and I wish you success in finding your car.

From earlier posts:
    Quote Originally Posted by dburdyshaw View Post
    When the girl at the DMV looked it up and said that it had been archived, should that have told me anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    That means whatever information that they do have is not available for an immediate search but rather is in a format that requires time/labor to retrieve.

"Archived" also means that the car is has NO active registration in your state.

When "Slick Willy" was President Congress passed the "Privacy Act" which pretty much shut down public access to registration information and other personal information in government hands. Before this act I did "Title History" searches all the time to find the owners of cars I was interested in and to see if I could find a paper trail history on cars.

Depending upon your state a dealer can sometimes get access to previous owner information. Certainly an attorney can get the previous owner information if they make a legal request and provide a valid legal reason for the request. Another avenue to check is your local "Title Guy" who fixes title problems, files mechanics liens and other issues related to vehicle registration. As the "Title Guys" must search for the owner of a vehicle upon which a mechanics lien is filed. They generally can find out the name and last registered owner of a vehicle and "might" even tell you who it is IF you know your "Title Guy".

Something to consider!
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Thank you very much for that information, Mike. I really appreciate your input.

I spoke to some dealers up here in Arkansas -- and found that they shy away from that topic BIG TIME.

Other than that, I don't really know people like you describe up in this area (as I've generally been in Florida much more than up here in Arkansas), but I will definitely ask around.

I have probably failed in getting this car back in time to show it to my mom. She went into Hospice yesterday.

Mom passed away this morning.

Sorry for your loss....

FEP Supporter

Sorry to hear that Danny. Deepest sympathies. Finding this car would have been small consolation to the bigger things in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    Sorry for your loss....
    Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Sorry to hear that Danny. Deepest sympathies. Finding this car would have been small consolation to the bigger things in life.
    Thank you both. Mom had become quite ill -- and she is now in a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    PM sent
    I've responded to your PM. Thank you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345