Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hey dburdy, I know it is not your car, but it might do as a replacement..

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...=light+chamois
    1985 SVO 4e
    1985 SVO 9L "Hertz"
    1985 SVO 2R T-top
    1985 SVO 2R
    1985 GT 'Vert Silver
    1985 GT Vert Light Regatta Blue
    1986 SVO 1C
    1986 GT 4E 'Vert
    1966 GT 'Vert
    2003 Mach1

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SVOKip View Post
    Hey dburdy, I know it is not your car, but it might do as a replacement..

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...=light+chamois
    Many, many thanks for the tip. It's impressive that you remembered that I am searching for my car ---- and that you put it together with this car when you saw the thread and ad. I will favorably remember it.

I was hoping that snkchmr would expand on his post about hearing bad things about the car. Maybe I need to send a PM to him.

This car COULD be a possible replacement.

Thanks again.

Default Should I or shouldn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by dburdyshaw View Post
    0F02A187351
    And the VIN on the Copart Mustang that I posted in our FYI Section is:
    0R02A138659
    I knew that it wasn't my original car since this one does not have A/C ---- but dang, it's an ugly twin to it.

Let me ask everyone a question that will tie for the worst car-related idea that I've ever had:
    Is there any good reason for buying the Copart car to reproduce mine?
    This is my original car (below):
    This is the Copart car (below):

I bought my current tutone white 86GT to recreate the first Mustang I ever owned, and i love it. These cars are about nostalgia and having fun. I say buy it, you will be happy that you did.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Go for it. You might even feel free to take a few liberties that you wouldn't have with an original car.
    1985 SVO 4e
    1985 SVO 9L "Hertz"
    1985 SVO 2R T-top
    1985 SVO 2R
    1985 GT 'Vert Silver
    1985 GT Vert Light Regatta Blue
    1986 SVO 1C
    1986 GT 4E 'Vert
    1966 GT 'Vert
    2003 Mach1

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear86 View Post
    I bought my current tutone white 86GT to recreate the first Mustang I ever owned, and i love it. These cars are about nostalgia and having fun. I say buy it, you will be happy that you did.
    Go for it. You might even feel free to take a few liberties that you wouldn't have with an original car.
    First off, I appreciate any and all responses.

That said, y'all did see this pic, too ---- didn't you?

I'm wondering what kind of structural damage is done ---- axle area.

I'm also wondering how much it's going to cost me to restore it ---- even just to very good driver level.

I'm also not looking forward to getting something that doesn't run -- or hardly even move -- SHIPPED from California at least to Arkansas.

Keep the thoughts coming. I appreciate them.

^^^...That car appears to be hit up high and way drivers side. I would double check the tire for impact marks but looks like cosmetic semi easy fix if no rust.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

I did not see that picture...sorry. Now I would say keep looking. I do stand by finding a car like the one you had back in the day. You could even find one in a different color and repaint it. It seems like you really miss that old car so why not find a nice looking donor and make your own?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Fender, hood, bumper, some small stuff, maybe suspension goodies would need to be replaced. Suspension may be fine too.

If you do buy it (which I think you should), you could have a frame shop look at it and put it on a frame rack if the inner fenders need a little help.

You could do this car just like the original, but maybe with some pizzazz! Maybe a hopped up motor, upgraded 4 lug suspension, stuff to make it a reliable driver
    -Sam
    1982 Mustang GL two hatchbacks, 3.3l and 5.0l
    1983 Capri RS Black Magic Ttop
    1984 Capri RS Sunroof
    1984 Mustang GT 'Vert
    1985 Mustang LX SSP CHP 8337
    1985 Mustang LX SSP CHP 8362
    1985 Mustang LX 3.8l 'Vert

I agree with mustang kid. It would make an awesome donor vehicle if nothing else. Too bad it's so far away. :/

Wow. That car is really complete and original looking. Based on how it looks I would say it was a decent running driver, not some beat down POS. A $25 used fender would transform that thing. I don't think it looks to be hurt so bad. I would go for it myself but obviously it's your call.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

I'd check the Strut tower, Sub frame Shock upper mount, cowl and Door Jamb area for straightness. The "Usual Suspects" First look doesn't look structural - But hard to say from photo

Stuff I have learned to kook at after 45+ years of Mustang ownership .

Could be super but if the damage is just cosmetic - Or even if minor "structural"

Just my two cents worth

Not sure if you could do it in your state, but in kentucky, I filled out a form requesting the complete title history of a car I owned.

I think you just need to find a better town official friend, and make them really believe and trust that where you got the information will not track back to them.

They are probably worried that the owner will be severely upset that their personal information was exposed and go after them.
    Current buggies

83 Mercury capri Crimson int, 331, TKO
    91 Camaro
    85 Full size Bronco
    00 Buell Cyclone
    76 FX
    86 Yamaha TRI-Z 250
    75 OSSA Super pioneer
    02 CR250

I seriously appreciate everyone's comments. This is where I get myself in trouble.

I want to. Well, I want a chamois '80 Notch.

Quote Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
    ^^^...That car appears to be hit up high and way drivers side. I would double check the tire for impact marks but looks like cosmetic semi easy fix if no rust.
    That's what I'd like to think.

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear86 View Post
    I did not see that picture...sorry. Now I would say keep looking. I do stand by finding a car like the one you had back in the day. You could even find one in a different color and repaint it. It seems like you really miss that old car so why not find a nice looking donor and make your own?
    You make good sense ---- REALLY REALLY good sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Kid View Post
    Fender, hood, bumper, some small stuff, maybe suspension goodies would need to be replaced. Suspension may be fine too.

If you do buy it (which I think you should), you could have a frame shop look at it and put it on a frame rack if the inner fenders need a little help.

You could do this car just like the original, but maybe with some pizzazz! Maybe a hopped up motor, upgraded 4 lug suspension, stuff to make it a reliable driver
    It all sounds good, but I'm skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperStang View Post
    I agree with mustang kid. It would make an awesome donor vehicle if nothing else. Too bad it's so far away. :/
    Well, the distance is probably the deal-breaker. If I could park this busted up thing in my driveway for a few hundred, I'd take it ---- but shipping is going to be a nightmare. Some shippers only ship running, driveable vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Wow. That car is really complete and original looking. Based on how it looks I would say it was a decent running driver, not some beat down POS. A $25 used fender would transform that thing. I don't think it looks to be hurt so bad. I would go for it myself but obviously it's your call.
    That's kinda what I was thinking ---- or hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by EJSVO View Post
    I'd check the Strut tower, Sub frame Shock upper mount, cowl and Door Jamb area for straightness. The "Usual Suspects" First look doesn't look structural - But hard to say from photo

Stuff I have learned to kook at after 45+ years of Mustang ownership .

Could be super but if the damage is just cosmetic - Or even if minor "structural"
    You make good sense with the "usual suspects" comment ---- and I don't feel like flying to Cali for something like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    Not sure if you could do it in your state, but in kentucky, I filled out a form requesting the complete title history of a car I owned.
    Never thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by cottonbear View Post
    I think you just need to find a better town official friend, and make them really believe and trust that where you got the information will not track back to them.

They are probably worried that the owner will be severely upset that their personal information was exposed and go after them.
    That's why there are those privacy acts.

Shaw:

Sometimes "more information" is not a bad thing -

Particularly when it activates the "Common Sense" section of our Brain matter to deliver a cautionary -

" Whoa Hoss"

To the: "I need another Fox Project" Portion of one's Mustang centric Cerebral Cortex.

Which is a situation that many of us face from time to time

And is often followed by the other part of the brain that says

"Exactly HOW do I plan on Paying for this ?"

As you indicate - Perhaps holding out for what you are looking for is the best course of action.

wish you luck with the quest dburdy, if it helps i guess i can share my success story with one of the old vins. my great grandfather restored a 66 convertible in the 1980's, when i turned 16 i decided to try and find it. turns out the car was sold 4 times, and all it took was finding the first owner to hunt it down. he gave me to the 2nd, then the 3rd, then the current owner. turns out the car has been garaged and undriven since 1998 and only lives about a half mile from my house. it needs paint, and a top, but it still runs. every day i drive past that garage and wonder if its still there
    Build your own dreams or help someone else build theirs!

67 Mustang Coupe-Rusty Parts Car
    79 Mustang Cobra- Garage Art/Project Car 11.3@118mph on a 150 shot
    84 Mustang Gt- Bolt On Fun Car
    97 Wrangler Sport- Lifted on 33's - Trail Rig
    08 Mustang Gt- Bolt Ons, 12.89@109

Quote Originally Posted by EJSVO View Post
    Shaw:

Sometimes "more information" is not a bad thing -

Particularly when it activates the "Common Sense" section of our Brain matter to deliver a cautionary -

" Whoa Hoss"

To the: "I need another Fox Project" Portion of one's Mustang centric Cerebral Cortex.

Which is a situation that many of us face from time to time

And is often followed by the other part of the brain that says

"Exactly HOW do I plan on Paying for this ?"

As you indicate - Perhaps holding out for what you are looking for is the best course of action.
    I commend you on your command of the English language. Rarely do I read the words, "cerebral cortex" in the same thought with "whoa hoss." That was impressive.

That said, I definitely agree with the idea of "holding out" ---- because I do think that a better candidate it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jvaughan View Post
    wish you luck with the quest dburdy, if it helps i guess i can share my success story with one of the old vins. my great grandfather restored a 66 convertible in the 1980's, when i turned 16 i decided to try and find it. turns out the car was sold 4 times, and all it took was finding the first owner to hunt it down. he gave me to the 2nd, then the 3rd, then the current owner. turns out the car has been garaged and undriven since 1998 and only lives about a half mile from my house. it needs paint, and a top, but it still runs. every day i drive past that garage and wonder if its still there
    Great story ---- and thanks for the good wishes.

I have this feeling that the Original Mustang is just sitting behind someone's house and that I drive by it every day.

My greater wish is that the person that bought it from me took care of it ---- and then sold it ---- and it's sitting on a velvet pillow in someone's garage ---- waiting on me to come and get it.

On a related note, mom sold her LN7 (a good while back) to someone in a small town about 30 miles from where she lives. After the new year comes, I'm going to do some advertising (in their weekly newspaper) to see if it's still there somewhere.

This '80 Mustang Coupe is registered with The Lost Car Registry -- LINK -- and I'm still looking for it.

It is one of two '80 Mustangs on their list. Maybe someday.

FEP Senior Member

In Oklahoma I believe (actually I know) you can pay $1 to have any car searched for through the database.
    1986 Saleen #26 - Saugus Pace Car
    1988 Range Rover Classic - The Shop Truck

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimsoncat View Post
    In Oklahoma I believe (actually I know) you can pay $1 to have any car searched for through the database.
    Through what database?

And THANK YOU very much for responding.

This car has just GOT to be sitting somewhere ---- with an owner who has never visited this website ---- and has no idea of how badly I want it.

FEP Senior Member

It's the DMV database, I am 100% sure they can check by the license plate, I've had it done before to find an owner. And am fairly confident they can do it with the VIN as well.

Example; someone rear ends you, you get the plate, you can go in, the run it, $1 later you have an address/owner/phone/last time registered etc.
    1986 Saleen #26 - Saugus Pace Car
    1988 Range Rover Classic - The Shop Truck

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimsoncat View Post
    It's the DMV database, I am 100% sure they can check by the license plate, I've had it done before to find an owner. And am fairly confident they can do it with the VIN as well.

Example; someone rear ends you, you get the plate, you can go in, the run it, $1 later you have an address/owner/phone/last time registered etc.
    Many thanks. The DMV in the town where we owned and sold the car -- Jonesboro Arkansas -- was unwilling to help. Maybe I should try a nearby town. Shouldn't the DMV database be statewide?

I check in on this thread from time to time ---- and wanted to give it a bump in case any new people had not seen it.

Someday I hope to find it. Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions and thanks for just reading about it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast