Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

You can find out where you live with that information. Some evil minded people might be tempted to track down where you live, and steal your car or anything else they liked in the picture. Better safe than sorry.

Having said that, I don't see any harm in posting an old VIN number of a car you don't even own any more.

Just my .02. You'd think the way I hand out .02, I was rich, or something. Either that or I have an opinion on everything...
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Only reason would be your own. I don't get the reason for keeping VINs and license tags secret but people do.
    I've often thought the same things. Thanks. I respect your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bull-vette View Post
    You can find out where you live with that information. Some evil minded people might be tempted to track down where you live, and steal your car or anything else they liked in the picture. Better safe than sorry.

Having said that, I don't see any harm in posting an old VIN number of a car you don't even own any more.

Just my .02. You'd think the way I hand out .02, I was rich, or something. Either that or I have an opinion on everything...
    Well ---- we don't own the property that linked up with that car anymore ---- for whatever that's worth.

Interestingly enough, I did receive one email through CL in response to a CL listing that I had created looking for the car. The writer asked why I was inquiring about that car. The email was worded very comically ---- though in a very intelligent way ---- and YES, I did respond to it. Though the email came to me through the highly secret CL email system, I just hit "reply" and responded. As I'm a novice to posting on CL, I'm now wondering if I just gave my email to this person ---- for whatever that's worth. It's not my usual email ---- and not one that is used to anything financial to me.

And lastly, yes, BV, I've noticed that you often give out your 2¢. By my highly-scientific calculations on my Microsoft Calculating Abacus, you've given out $1.98.

Interestingly enough, I did receive one email through CL in response to a CL listing that I had created looking for the car. The writer asked why I was inquiring about that car. The email was worded very comically ---- though in a very intelligent way ---- and YES, I did respond to it. Though the email came to me through the highly secret CL email system, I just hit "reply" and responded. As I'm a novice to posting on CL, I'm now wondering if I just gave my email to this person ---- for whatever that's worth. It's not my usual email ---- and not one that is used to anything financial to me.

And lastly, yes, BV, I've noticed that you often give out your 2¢. By my highly-scientific calculations on my Microsoft Calculating Abacus, you've given out $1.98.

Did that person who responded to your CL ad have any helpful information? (Were they nosey or did they have inquiring minds? )

Gotta love that Abacus! It's amazing how they got all those beads inside their computers.

$1.98?...good, I'm still under budget!
    1982 Dominator GT
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

He (or she) wrote to me:
    Hi
    I am just curious about why you are on a quest for this specific car? do you have the vin # ?
    Are you trying to re-live a past memory or time in your life?

Is there gold treasure stashed in the trunk panels?

Is the soul of your father reincarnated into his favorite car and possession, (this was revealed to you by a psychic at the fair who facebooked you during a session and saw a pic of you as a kid near this vehicle and lo and behold she concoted this story to enhance her credibility)?

Just wondering what makes people tick.
    Thanks
    I answered him back ---- but I haven't gotten a response to my response. We'll see.

His writing style reminded me a lot of mine ---- which was kinda creepy ---- though I'm pretty sure that I didn't write it to myself.

I really hope that this is someone from around this area who actually knows something about the car ---- and I asked him that question in my response to him.

I am really serious about trying to find this car.

Quote Originally Posted by dburdyshaw View Post
    He (or she) wrote to me:
    Hi
    I am just curious about why you are on a quest for this specific car? do you have the vin # ?

Is the soul of your father reincarnated into his favorite car and possession, (this was revealed to you by a psychic at the fair who facebooked you during a session and saw a pic of you as a kid near this vehicle and lo and behold she concoted this story to enhance her credibility)?

Thanks

I answered him back ---- but I haven't gotten a response to my response. We'll see.

His writing style reminded me a lot of mine ---- which was kinda creepy ---- though I'm pretty sure that I didn't write it to myself.

I really hope that this is someone from around this area who actually knows something about the car ---- and I asked him that question in my response to him.

I actually like that email. I would have responded also. I especially like the one about the psychic. It shows imagination and pizzazz! That doesn't strike me as someone just trying to get your email address. It would have been poorly written, and much shorter.

How long ago did you respond? Now I want to know if they respond to your response to their inquiry.
    Could it be that you are schizophrenic, and you haven't had time to answer yourself?
    1982 Dominator GT
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

How long ago did you respond?
    Three hours ago.

Jackson, Mississippi is not too far away from me. That always makes me hopeful. I sent this guy an email. There are no pics in his ad.

1980 Ford Mustang - $300

Date: 2012-01-08, 10:30PM EST
    Reply to: sale-frwbn-2790337628@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    1980 Ford Mustang for sale needs some motor work May be used for parts.601-622-4214

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2790337628

This ad is from Huntsville, Alabama -- which is also not very far away. This ad also has no pics.

1980 Mustang

Posted on: Saturday - January 07, 2012 06:15
    Expires: Friday - January 27, 2012 06:15
    Price: $1500

I have a 1980 model mustang for sale. I got it for 650 i had to put 1,500 into it i would like to get 2,000 but the lowest i will got is 1,500. I put new tires on it and we got a new carb and more i dont remember what. But all that is wrong is it need a new battery and it has alil leak i mean alil leak like one drop every 1 to 2 minutes. not that hard to fix. Call or Text 256-425-6550. I am going to put pictures up soon.

Listing# 1101596729

I sure hope you find your car It would be one heck of a story to tell. Good luck
    I hope for the best.
    -Sam
    1982 Mustang GL two hatchbacks, 3.3l and 5.0l
    1983 Capri RS Black Magic Ttop
    1984 Capri RS Sunroof
    1984 Mustang GT 'Vert
    1985 Mustang LX SSP CHP 8337
    1985 Mustang LX SSP CHP 8362
    1985 Mustang LX 3.8l 'Vert

Jackson, Mississippi is not too far away from me. That always makes me hopeful. I sent this guy an email. There are no pics in his ad.

1980 Ford Mustang - $300

Date: 2012-01-08, 10:30PM EST
    Reply to: sale-frwbn-2790337628@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    1980 Ford Mustang for sale needs some motor work May be used for parts.601-622-4214

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2790337628

This guy (above) wrote back to me to say that the car was already sold ---- and he did not answer my question about its color. I understand that he did not realize the reason for my question ---- and so, I'm not criticizing him for not answering the color question. I did write back to him (today) to explain myself. Maybe I'll find out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Kid View Post
    I sure hope you find your car It would be one heck of a story to tell. Good luck
    I hope for the best.
    Thanks man. I appreciate it.

This guy (above) wrote back to me to say that the car was already sold ---- and he did not answer my question about its color. I understand that he did not realize the reason for my question ---- and so, I'm not criticizing him for not answering the color question. I did write back to him (today) to explain myself. Maybe I'll find out now.
    He has now written back to me and said that the car was orange ---- so it is not likely my former car (though it could have been repainted).

He (or she) wrote to me:
    Hi

Thanks

I actually like that email. I would have responded also. I especially like the one about the psychic. It shows imagination and pizzazz! That doesn't strike me as someone just trying to get your email address. It would have been poorly written, and much shorter.

How long ago did you respond? Now I want to know if they respond to your response to their inquiry.
    Could it be that you are schizophrenic, and you haven't had time to answer yourself?
    Three hours ago.
    I still haven't heard back. I'm going to email him again.

I received an email today from a different person. This person wrote:
    Hello, not sure but I know that's a rare color was it a 4cyl or v8 I know someone who has a v8 that looks almost identical
    I wrote back that many people who bought these cars changed out the 4 cylinder engines for V8s, etc.

Perhaps he or she will have good news for me.

I still haven't heard back. I'm going to email him again.
    I emailed him again, but I still haven't heard back.

I sure wish you luck. You are inspiring me to look for my old 82. Maybe I will dig out some pictures and start a thread also. Sure would like to find it again. Good luck!
    1982 Dominator GT
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

I received an email today from a different person. This person wrote:
    Hello, not sure but I know that's a rare color was it a 4cyl or v8 I know someone who has a v8 that looks almost identical
    I wrote back that many people who bought these cars changed out the 4 cylinder engines for V8s, etc.

Perhaps he or she will have good news for me.
    Okay, he has already answered me and the news is not good. He wrote:
    OK not the same car this was an original v8 car.. Sorry man and good luck... I'm trying to find my first as well
    I wrote back to him and asked what other avenues he is pursuing to find his car ---- and offered my help.

I'm sad. I was hoping.

Maybe I could build a showboard to take with me to car shows. It could have a "Have You Seen This Car?" theme with a picture.

I sure wish you luck. You are inspiring me to look for my old 82. Maybe I will dig out some pictures and start a thread also. Sure would like to find it again. Good luck!
    Let me know if I can help. There are not lots of foxes around northeast Arkansas ---- but ya never know. It might have migrated this way. It's not really that far.

Wish you luck but why not post the VIN? Never know, someone here could run the numbers & find out when it was last registered.

Sorry Been in Arkansas since 2004, and I travel all over the state for business. I can count the number of 4eyes I've seen on 2 hands. Have not seen that car.
    1986 GT Vert 5.0 EFI ,AOD,3.27's,K&N CAI Kit,2 1/2 H-pipe,No Cats,Flowmaster 40 series.

Quote Originally Posted by wfriedman View Post
    Sorry Been in Arkansas since 2004, and I travel all over the state for business. I can count the number of 4eyes I've seen on 2 hands. Have not seen that car.
    I appreciate the message. Please let me know if you ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger 518 View Post
    Wish you luck but why not post the VIN? Never know, someone here could run the numbers & find out when it was last registered.
    0F02A187351

Sure hope you find the car! I really liked those wheels! This is giving me incentive to look for my 86, looks like I need to get that VIN ran when I get home tonight
    Jay N.

Past rides :
    86 GT T-Top - Just recently while in restoration, the man responsible for doing the resto has come up missing as well as my car, GONE!!

86 Gt - to much work needed to keep it

88 lx coupe - very missed

Quote Originally Posted by papisan71 View Post
    Sure hope you find the car! I really liked those wheels! This is giving me incentive to look for my 86, looks like I need to get that VIN ran when I get home tonight
    Thanks. Seriously, thanks very much.

And thanks for the compliment (assuming that you are serious) about the wheels. With me, that makes (ummm ... 1 + 1) a grand total of TWO people that like them. Let's see, there are 7,000,000,000 people on the planet ---- so that makes 6,999,999,998 to go!

Thanks. Seriously, thanks very much.

And thanks for the compliment (assuming that you are serious) about the wheels. With me, that makes (ummm ... 1 + 1) a grand total of TWO people that like them. Let's see, there are 7,000,000,000 people on the planet ---- so that makes 6,999,999,998 to go!

Your welcome. But really, I liked the wheels because I had really never seen a set like that. Definitely unique to a mustang. More people like them but are afraid to admit it.
    Jay N.

Past rides :
    86 GT T-Top - Just recently while in restoration, the man responsible for doing the resto has come up missing as well as my car, GONE!!

86 Gt - to much work needed to keep it

88 lx coupe - very missed

Quote Originally Posted by papisan71 View Post
    Your welcome. But really, I liked the wheels because I had really never seen a set like that. Definitely unique to a mustang. More people like them but are afraid to admit it.
    They are made by Keystone and called Deep Dish Wire Wheels.

This part of the story became SUPER EXCITING to me...

A few years back, I started searching for a set to put on the white '80 Notch that I bought at that time. Guess what I found? I found an exact match to the set that were on the original Mustang ---- NOS ---- that had never put on a car ---- and still had (have) the paperwork on them. I've never put them on my white one since I wanted to save them for either the original Chamois Notch or a replacement for it.

Even the boxes are stamped, "Rec'd 1980."

I was (and still am) so SUPER STOKED about this purchase. In one way, it'll be tough to put them on a car and use them ---- but that what will someday happen.

Last edited by dburdyshaw; 02-09-2012 at 05:27 PM.

I live about 60 miles from Jackson Ms and stay on top of spotting out cars being I travel for wrk..ive never seen that color around here in the south but I will keep my eyes open for ya ..good luck
    81 t-top cpe
    84 Gt
    85 Gt
    80 CJ-7
    06 Harley
    06 F250 FX4

I know this is an older the thread, but for what its worth and future reference, Its always a good idea to keep the original Bill Of Sale or a copy of it. While you may think its pointless, its great in times like these. You may also be surprised what else it may be useful for.

I'm underage so when I got my Fox it was all on my dads name. We bought it from my friend who's father owns a body shop/ used car lot. Even with a Bill of sale correctly filled out and notarized by my friends father there was some mix up or something at the DMV. They either lost the bill of sale or something along those lines, All was well for about a week until we tried adding it to the insurance and they tried telling us that we didn't own the car and therefore couldn't insure it, even though we had the title in my dads name. So while the original bill of sale was AWOL at the DMV, I was lucky enough to have made a copy of it to add to a binder I had started to honor my Fox. Things were straightened out shortly and the lady we dealt with at the DMV was slapped on the wrist for making life difficult. I doubt things like this happen often but its never a bad idea to be prepared for someone elses stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik84 View Post
    I live about 60 miles from Jackson Ms and stay on top of spotting out cars being I travel for wrk..ive never seen that color around here in the south but I will keep my eyes open for ya ..good luck
    Many thanks. I fear it's been repainted -- or parked in a barn for that never-gonna-happen resto ---- BUT THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by 86Hatchback View Post
    I know this is an older the thread, but for what its worth and future reference, Its always a good idea to keep the original Bill Of Sale or a copy of it. While you may think its pointless, its great in times like these. You may also be surprised what else it may be useful for.
    I have all the original paperwork on this car ---- even the original window sticker. THANKS for the tips, though. I appreciate it.

Blog Entries

Kinda funny- I have the original title for my '83 GT, which lists the original buyer's name and his address at the time. I have thought of driving by, and seeing if anyone still lives there---
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast