Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking My 2nd 4eye - still looking for it: 1FABP28M7GF292086

Well,

I've finally had the chance to get my pics back after a HD crash. These are of my 2nd 4eye that I had ever owned. It was a 1986 GT, Jalepena Red, original T-top & 5 spd car. VIN # is listed in subject title.

The pics you see were taken in 1992, using a non-digital camera (of course) LOL! I had modified that car as you see it - and during that time frame, what I did then was pretty rare and not as common as what is seen today on forums.

[Hey, don't mock the BRA... it was a late 80's early 90's "thing" and it did work properly to protect the front of the car IF you removed it and reinstalled it after washing the car]

The complete interior was done in 1990, donation came from a totaled out 1990 GT that was another friend's vehicle. The car had super low miles on it when totaled. The complete interior (minus dash) was used in my 86 GT, as well as 1 rear qtr glass. I made everything work as if it were built that way from the factory - pwr driver's seat, lighted sun visors, all 90 pwr switches on doors worked perfectly!! Rear interior plastics were fitted perfectly as well (hard to see). That interior ended up costing me $900 (hey, where ya gonna find practically brand new 5.0 leather interior in 1990 for less than that)!!

Then coming later on, the Pony rims - were again, "new" for the time frame (1992) and cost me a whopping $1,100, which included the tires! You folks have to remember, Pony rims in 1992 were very hard to buy or find new, or in new condition, so premium prices were paid - where as now, they are very common to find for $300 +/- for a set today.

I also upgraded the EEC to mass air - again, very rare for the time period as there were no real "kits" available and we resorted to mapping the wiring and swapping pin-outs on the main harness. The A9L EEC also came from the previously wrecked 90 GT.

It's hard to tell from the pics, but, this car was mint in & out, everywhere. It also had rear gears done, BBK LT headers w/ matching H-pipe. LT headers in the early 90's - yea, another "rarity" for the street on what was a "modern" Mustang. LOL!!

The entire stereo was upgraded as well, but done so everything looked stock.

Shifter was the then brand spanking new shorty "Pro 5.0 shifter" - the only "real" aftermarket 5.0 shifter besides the Hurst at the time. The shifter knob was the leather Motorsport knob, as well as the genuine leather Motorsport shifter boot. Damn, those shifter pieces alone were in excess of $300+!!

I kept the dash & center console original. Center console was painted to match interior seats, while the dash remained stock - but I darked the upper dash pad like the then "new" 87-93 Mustangs - hard to tell from the pics, but it looked great.

I guess I was an "innovator" back then, considering everything I was doing was very new at the time, was not even captured in magazines yet and no one was really doing Fox conversions as such, not to mention, forums were unheard of as well.

I'd like to relocate this car if possible, so if anyone has any leads on the car (VIN), please PM me. As of the last CarFax, this car was in the Pittsburgh PA region and may still be there. I'd REALLY like to know what it's current condition is, and if the current owner has done anything different, restored it, or has left it the same. Please PM me any info.

I also still retain the original factory build sheet for this car - it was under the carpet on the passenger side.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Cobra Jet; 03-18-2020 at 11:09 PM.
    - Phil
    1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13 and 2018 Mustang EB Premium w/Perf Pack

Thumbs up

Bumping this up again...

If anyone can provide me w/ any info - or has actually seen the car at any shows, out driving around or even possibly in a for sale ad - please do post here, PM me here or email me (cobra_jet_nj@yahoo.com).

If anyone can run a current CarFax or AutoCheck on this, it would be appreciated as well.

I'm hoping the car is still in the PA area and if anyone has the ability to locate it, if a pic can be taken of it in it's current condition (only if it's out in public, not asking to bother the owner). I'm really curious to know what it looks like today and what, if anything, has been done to it.

Thx Fellow Foureyers!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Cobra Jet; 03-18-2020 at 11:13 PM.
    - Phil

beautiful looking fox, I hope you find it and it's in good shape!

That is a very cool car..well done. I wish you luck in your search,as I have thought about trying to track down my first fox. I just am not sure how happy I would be to find it, but not be able to get it back. I've enen worried about it showing up in FEP because I think it might make me upset to see the old girl with someone else (kinda like an ex-girlfriend). I really do hope you find yours and maybe you will get lucky and be able to get it back some day. Awesome car!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I tried to track down my first Fox an 86, Damm I forgot just got to walk 30 feet to the garage, but I did have a 4eyed car brand new, a 69 mach 1 just not a Fox, wish I had her back. O Well.

2013 - time to bump it again... Anyone seen it around at shows maybe?
    - Phil

Neither here nor there

Autocheck still is the same....no changes unfortunately

10/21/1991 NJ
    Independent Source INDEPENDENT INSPECTION/THEFT DETERRENT EQUIPPED
    10/28/1991 NJ
    Independent Source INDEPENDENT INSPECTION/THEFT DETERRENT EQUIPPED
    09/28/1994 EASTERN REGION
    Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
    01/25/1995 FL
    Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
    01/27/1995 ROCKLEDGE, FL
    Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:0068029012)
    01/30/1996 ROCKLEDGE, FL
    Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
    01/14/1998 ROCKLEDGE, FL
    01/20/1999 ROCKLEDGE, FL
    08/12/1999 LONG BEACH, NY
    10/07/1999 NY
    Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
    11/06/2000 LONG BEACH, NY
    05/29/2001 LEVITTOWN, NY
    06/12/2001 NY
    State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
    PASSED SAFETY INSPECTION
    06/26/2001 NY
    06/12/2002 MELVILLE, NY
    Accident Source MINOR ACCIDENT OR VEHICLE DAMAGE REPORTED: RIGHT QUARTER PANEL
    02/14/2003 WANTAGH, NY
    03/12/2003 NY
    05/21/2003 MASSAPEQUA, NY
    06/18/2003 NY
    02/24/2004 PITTSBURGH, PA
    Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:60078082)
    03/09/2004 PITTSBURGH, PA
    04/22/2004 PITTSBURGH, PA
    Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:60078082)
    11/15/2004 PITTSBURGH, PA
    06/06/2008 PITTSBURGH, PA

I would say its in Pittsburgh
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

if you know the vin and a police officer/state trooper you can find out the current owner, might be a little unethcical but I know of a man who did it to track down his first car, it was a 83 ssp mustang, he found it and bought it back.

Good luck with your search! It took me almost 7 years to find mine had been rolled. Luckily as part of my search I found her twin. Which I now own.

I do not in anyway feel its unethical for you to get contact information for the current owner of a vehicle you can prove you owned. I think the law should be changed to allow that. I would not be concerned at all to have a current owner contact me to ask something about ANY vehicle I have owned. Just my .02 cents.
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

just saying it might be unethical for the cops to give out the info.

Good luck in your quest. With patience, time, and a bit of luck ill bet you will find it.
    1985 5.0 Coupe - will eventually be hated by Ford purists

It' not unethical, it's illegal, and what ever agency that the officer is with will loose their NCIC hook up, plus the officer could be looking for another line of work, very serious issue.

I do not disagree that it is illegal under current law, and agree that officers should not do so. I stated that I feel the law should be changed to allow those who can prove they previously owned a vehicle to be able to obtain current owner information. That is the only change to the law I would request.

Quote Originally Posted by oldford_69 View Post
    It' not unethical, it's illegal, and what ever agency that the officer is with will loose their NCIC hook up, plus the officer could be looking for another line of work, very serious issue.
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by oldford_69 View Post
    if you know someone in law inforcement(as in friend or friend of a friend or family member) it can be done, you don't have to tell the owner, it might take a little undercover work.They won't arrest you for asking! FWIW I don't know any dirty cops
    *FOXTOBERFEST* 2015 http://www.foxmustangrestoration.com/events
    85 T Top coupe 5.0 2R red, E7's, rpm intake, 4180 carb, 7.4 1/8
    83 CC capri 5.0 5 speed,black mesh wheels
    76 cobra II 302 auto black/gold, big cam 3 inch dumps- sold to a good friend
    92 coupe 5.0 5 speed -red
    92 Lx hatch 5.0 5 speed -black, 66 coupe 5.0 4 spd (project)
    87 Vert 5.0 AOD red stock as a rock

" Are you sure you know what you're talking about? It kinda sounds like you know what you're talking about"

Thanks for the most current AutoCheck report (have not checked the thread since my last bump)!!

I completely understand the ramifications of having someone do a non-compliant VIN lookup using Government equipment that may cause internal issues or possible ethical consequences. I do not wish for anyone to go above and beyond to get themselves or others in trouble - never the intent or request.

My hope is - the car IS still in Pittsburgh PA - and based on this thread (and the info within), some PA FEP Enthusiast may see the car (or come across it) in their travels, or word gets to possibly the current owner. I have the build sheet as well as the last registration that was in my name... So this is no BS attempt to infringe upon the current owners livelihood just because its a 1986 GT... LOL.

I had one lead that someone PM'd me quite a while ago, which brought me close to the FL location listed on the CF and AC reports, but I dead ended with that (through my own research)....

Since there has not been any CF or AC report activity since the 2008 entry, my thought is, the car *may be* sitting at some location stored indoors or outdoors, or even the possibility that maybe it was junked (hope not!).....

My quest continues....

As always, thanks for all the assistance and positive tips!
    Last edited by Cobra Jet; 03-28-2013 at 11:25 AM.
    - Phil

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

That was nice of you Jeff/CapriMan86 to do the AutoCheck! I do hope you can find your car!
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

Hope you can locate your old car. What a feeling it would be if you can get her back? Good luck!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Been quite some time and still never found it, so just bumping to see if my old 86 is possibly still around, or maybe spotted at any shows over the years; if someone has the ability to check VIN and can PM me the info, it’s appreciated.
    - Phil

You may want to try starting with a Carfax.

Maybe go here:
    https://secure.carfax.com/creditCard...erOfRecords=22

Well it’s 2020 and still looking...

Also edited the first 2 posts so the pics are now embedded instead of being hyperlinked to a photo host service.

Can anyone generate a recent CarFax AutoCheck report to see where it may be located now?
    - Phil

Ok, trying once more… it’s now 2022…

I need to ask a favor of anyone on here who visits the Fox Mustang Facebook sites, or a similar 4-eye equivalent…. Can someone please post the link to this thread, photos of the Mustang and also the full VIN on those sites to see if there’s any chance this 86 Mustang GT is still in the PA region or even still on the road?

I know, it’s a big ask… but I just don’t belong to any Social media accounts other than car forums… no FB account, no Instagram, etc…. So if someone could just get this thread, pics and VIN out on one of those Mustang Fox Social Media sites asking if ANYONE has seen this Mustang and knows of if it’s whereabouts today…. It’s so very appreciated.

My contact email is: cobra_jet_nj@yahoo.com
    If anyone reaches out to me, please put “1986 GT Ttop” in the subject line to get my attention.

Four-Eyed Pride members who may still visit here, I appreciate it

I still have the build sheet…
    - Phil

2023... midpoint of the year...

Does anyone have any leads? LOL

I'm beginning to wonder if it's just rotting in someone's back yard or has met the crusher some time ago...
    - Phil

Needle in a haystack search Phil, but I admire your persistence.
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

When my wife passed away last year, I began searching for her old '85 Pontiac Fiero. It was her first brand new car and it held a special place in my memory so I wanted to see if I could locate it and bring it home to my garage. Well, long story short, after Carfax and other VIN checks, and emails to the NJ DMV (was last seen in NJ), I came up empty. It had been many years since it showed up on any Carfax or VIN check and the DMV was bound by the law. I basically asked if they could just tell me if it's still registered in the state, but they were unable to assist. I gave up the search, figuring that it had probably been put out to pasture or was already used for parts for other Fieros that might still be on the road. I hope you somehow get a lead on your old GT. I know the disappointment I felt when I came up empty, so I hope your search proves fruitful after so many years. Good luck!
    Had ~
    '81 Mustang Ghia Hatchback, red, 4-cylinder, 5-speed, slow, but looked great!

Have ~
    '83 Mustang GT Hatchback, white with black, stock 5.0, 5-speed, T-tops, dual exhaust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast