Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mcapri1984 View Post
    That car is parts. I had an 85 GT that got the same hit. Spin around into a pole for mine. (I wasnt driving) What they dont show is the damage done to the floor pan on the opposite side of the collision damage. It rolls the floor pan under and pops all the spot welds loose in the door jam. You could make a nice driveway car out of it but that is about it. Like someone else said above, the quarter is rolled into the jam on the collision side too. I bet the owner cried. I wouldve. Sad shame.
    Have any pictures of your car after the damage?
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Default UPDATE This one will be saved!

Wow, I was on the computer looking for a NOS door moulding for this car when I found this Thread about my car! I now own this car, bought it at the auction and had it shipped back. I just pulled it out of storage and we are tearing it down for repairs. It is an AMAZING car and it is very obvious that someone took great care of it until that day around Sept 1, 2010. It is a T-5 by the way.

Default Will be saved

Door off and ready for a pull

VERY COOL REMEMBER THIS CAR. MY MOMS IS SAME COLOR AND TOOK HIT ON OPPOSITE SIDE AND I AM FIXING TO DO SAME JOB AS YOU. TO FUNNY.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.

Jim: Can you take a pic of the door tag before you junk the door? And a pic of the buck tag on the radiator core support by the driver headlamps? Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Yes, I will. I had the shop cut the door tag out so we saved it. I'll get a picture of it and the buck tag.

Thats awesome to hear, I have been drooling over that car for months and literally heart broken such a nice car had seen its last day. Its nice to hear youhave it and are actually fixing it
    Just out of curiosity, mind giving a ballpark what you won the bid at? I know it was a minumum bid or on approval and was in the yard for a while so the seller held out for the right price.
    Please keep us posted on the rebuild, should be fun

...it just takes a person like you to not give up on the ole girl!
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

WOW, this car really exists. We've been talking about your car for ages, and something always seemed 'off' about it(copart). I always pictured it as a museum piece for 25 years, then one day some rich guy bought it for his 16 year old, who wrecked it 15 minutes later!!

What's the real story on it? I remember it being Burgundy with Black Cloth and damage aside, the nicest '83 hatch I'd ever seen, besides an 8K mile one in SC.

Default Story starting after the auction

I saw it on Copart as well and was following it too. This is the car that I would have bought back in 83 if I could have. A friend had one exactly like this one in 85 and I always admired it. I watched as the auction got delayed several times and like everyone else, I was curious and frustrated as to why it wouldnt sell. I was on vacation in Mexico the first week of Dec when it mysteriously went off the site. (Girlfriend says that ruined a whole day of vacation) I was watching when it came back up for sale about a week later and was advertised as a Pure Sale. I thought it would be a great parts car- I would put the low mileage 5.0 in my 84 GT Conv and the TRX would replace the set for my 84 GT350 Anniv that someone stole out of the back of my truck. I would also use the AC parts for the 20th anniv. I paid $1900 for the car figuring the price of rebuilding the 5.0 in the Conv, the TRX wheels & tires (OUCH!) and the AC parts would be worth that. I was AMAZED at the condition of the car when I got it and I knew I couldnt part it out. I had my buddy at the body shop who has done all my cars look at it and he said NO WAY to parting it out, it is way too nice. So here I am, desperately seeking a NOS drivers side moulding with red trim...any help out there? Anybody know anything about the car before the auction? It sold out of the New Jersey Copart auction so I figure it had to be from around there.

$1900? thats less then I bid on it about 6 months ago, after fee's and all its still worth it, would have been alot for me to also ship it to oregon, glad you got it, I was planning on parts to build another car but am really glad to hear it is being rebuilt

try green sales, the may have it, never know

Default Update to saving this 25k mi 83 GT

It's been a long summer of many projects but the 83 GT is now the priority!

Awesome!! Post more pictures. Certainly was a fixable car. Are you going to leave the front bumper paint alone, giving it that original look?
    -Sam
    1982 Mustang GL two hatchbacks, 3.3l and 5.0l
    1983 Capri RS Black Magic Ttop
    1984 Capri RS Sunroof
    1984 Mustang GT 'Vert
    1985 Mustang LX SSP CHP 8337
    1985 Mustang LX SSP CHP 8362
    1985 Mustang LX 3.8l 'Vert

Default I need your help finding previous owner!

Can anyone help? This 25k mi 1983 GT was obviously someone pride & joy and they gave it great love and attention prior to the accident. I'm going to save this one but would love to speak to the previous owner. A car like this cant escape the attention of someone in our group- someone has to know something! All I know, and its not much, is that it appears the accident happened sometime around Aug 2010 and the car was hit squarely in the drivers door. It was on Copart's auction site for a long time but didn't actually sell until Jan 2012. It sold out of their Somerville, NJ location so I expect the accident occurred somewhere in that vicinity. The owner took such great care of it, I'm sure he's got a great story to tell and probably some original documentation. Here's hoping the FEP community can figure this out! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Kid View Post
    Awesome!! Post more pictures. Certainly was a fixable car. Are you going to leave the front bumper paint alone, giving it that original look?
    Yep, saving all the original paint we possible can! Even using single stage paint as per factory to keep it as close to original as possible. She will be as close as possible to showroom stock, just the way this 25k mi beauty was prior to the accident.

So glad to hear that its being restored. Keep the pictures coming and best of luck with your search for the cars original owner.

good to see this is getting saved. Have you run the vin with NJ DMV? Or done a carfax on it. Perhaps put an "ad" on CL looking for the previous owner. I'd bet someone will see it.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Default Getting closer to being back on the road!

The "saving" of this 25k mi GT is going to happen! Finally we can see real progress. Its been a long winter and I can't wait for some warm spring weather so I can put the finishing touches on the 83 GT. Here are the latest pictures as it is about to come out of the paint booth! The color looks way off in these pics but they did a great job matching it. Still scouring the earth trying to find a door molding... anyone got one laying around the shop??

Looks great,the door moldings seem to be harder and harder to find these days. Contact this ebay seller,he always seems to locate real nice moldings for our cars
    http://myworld.ebay.com/5.0-r.u.experienced/

Great job!!! And great save!!!
    65 Mustang
    77 Mustang
    84 GT Turbo
    85 Mustang Convertible
    86 Mustang LX

This is great to see!
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

Wow this made my day!!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/R825OH
    ALL BLING & NO ZING MAKE RICKY A RICER !!

82 5.0 GL
    74 F100 Custom 302/auto
    67 Volvo 122S

Really starting to look good. Great save.
    Mike

84 Mustang GT Turbo Vert
    86 Mustang GT T-Top
    95 Mustang GT Vert
    05 Mustang GT

Default Another update with a few more pics

I want to give a huge thanks to Evil8286 for his tip on locating the correct door moldings! He lead me to 5.0-r.u.experienced, a very knowledgable eBay seller who had the part and experience to properly remove and ship the item. I did end up having to buy a complete used set but it was worth it to get a correct drivers door molding! The NOS windshield goes in soon and then we test it for leaks before the interior is finally replaced. Sorry but can't get more than one pic to load at a time

Default More pics

Can't wait for the windshield to go in. Found a NOS Carlite W/S in an old glass shop that closed 19 years ago!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast