Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default wrecked 25k mile 83 GT?

Sure looks like 25k original miles on this one, even some markings on the engine bay. This is sad to see, hopefully someone can grab it and put the parts in the hands that need them.
    http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch....SEARCH_RESULTS
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

That car is very savable. New door, have B pillar and rocker pulled out by a frame shop, some body and paint work, and you have a very nice GT. Why part that nice of a car out?
    If you got the parts, had a frame shop fix the damage, and you do a lot of the work yourself, you can cut that repair cost by more than half.
    -Sam
    1982 Mustang GL two hatchbacks, 3.3l and 5.0l
    1983 Capri RS Black Magic Ttop
    1984 Capri RS Sunroof
    1984 Mustang GT 'Vert
    1985 Mustang LX SSP CHP 8337
    1985 Mustang LX SSP CHP 8362
    1985 Mustang LX 3.8l 'Vert

I'm sure that whole car is tweaked pretty good (floor, roof, cowl, etc.) It's a shame. Very clean car.
    2017 Lincoln MKZ AWD
    2003 Town Car
    2017 GTI
    Currently Foxless

I've seen worse fixed! I'd love to see it repaired.

its been on COPART for a while, wierd cause its a pure sale so any bid should take it, no reserve.

just goes to show you, you cant give a completely under powered car to just anyone or they will wreck it anyhow ?
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.

I could use that power train and hood.. If I had room she would be mine...
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

That car has been on there for a long time and every time they have a sell date with "pure sale" it never sells. I dont know what the problem is but I have thrown good money at it and my friend bid 1800 on it and never got it.
    I have a friend that has a frame machine and would love to fix this car but I cant get it.
    That car has been on Copart for about a year now.
    A bunch of 85gt's

My God, that thing looks to be in very good shape besides the collision damage.
    What a crying shame.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Quote Originally Posted by jleews6 View Post
    That car has been on there for a long time and every time they have a sell date with "pure sale" it never sells. I dont know what the problem is but I have thrown good money at it and my friend bid 1800 on it and never got it.
    I have a friend that has a frame machine and would love to fix this car but I cant get it.
    That car has been on Copart for about a year now.
    I bet they are looking at getting about twice the amount of $$$ your friend bid. Look at what they think it is worth $16,000 and what they think it will cost to fix it $12,000...so I am guesing they want $3,000 to $4,000 for it.

I wish it was closer because I would definately be looking at it. Looks like the door took most of the impact force. The windshield is not all that bad and the hatch is a little off on the drivers side. So I am thinking new front fender, windshield, door, rocker panel, and rear quarter panel with some paint.

It looks like a later 83 car given I think that is a T5 and not an SROD stick in the console. Also looks like roll up windows which I like. The sad thing about the car is that it has a salvage title which will stick with it and decrease the value by 20%.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Have it in the database from October 2010. Same 'site, same salvage location.

Date on the door tag is probably 07/83.

Trans could be SROD as it was still available at the same time as T-5 was and through the rest of '83.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Have it in the database from October 2010. Same 'site, same salvage location.

Date on the door tag is probably 07/83.

Trans could be SROD as it was still available at the same time as T-5 was and through the rest of '83.
    Look at the 5th picture down...looks like a T5 shifter handle to me.
    HAD

HAVE
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Amazing shape. This was someone's pride and joy. TRX tires in great shape. They must've had generic insurance like Nationwide or something on it. They paid him and took the car. That's another reason to use Hagerty or similar.

Look at the wrinkle in the driver's quarter up by the sail panel. This car is twisted. No question it is totalled, whether we know it can be fixed or not. Someone above said something about a fender, door and quarter. No way. It needs an a piller, B pillar, floor pan, rocker panel, quarter, door, fender, roof skin probably, maybe got in to the cowl, hard to tell.

I really doubt the car is twisted given the point and direction of impact...but there is no way anyone can really tell by the pictures provided. The quarter panel can be taken apart at the factory seam at the top of the sail panel and another one put in place without messing with the roof. The floor is more than likely okay given the last two pictures. This is why I wish it was closer to look at it.
    HAD

HAVE

I'd really hate to see another 4 eyed car get chopped up!!!

I'd really hate to see another 4 eyed car get chopped up!!!

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

I am no body man, but looks like it could be fixed. Pretty car other than the damage!
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

You can fix anything. Get out your credit card warmer and your torch hand!!
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

I have been bidding on the car, they car has yet to come up for actual sale, It had a clean title at first, now it is Salvage, I think they where waitng on the suit to clear from the original owner. It usually takes about 2 months or so if someone is fighting a case for them to sell one. It will most likly sell this time, we will see
    1979 Pace car
    1985 GT
    1993 Cobra #4993, Last 93 Cobra Builit
    1995 Cobra #1670 Bought
    2009 GT500KR #173
    And a few other's

Nice looking car, and an easy fix. Hardest thing about the repair will be finding a door trim panel and door moulding.
    89 LX 5.0 kenne bell
    93 Saleen spyder #49 vortech
    85 2A Mustang GT 5.8 efi / vortech
    91 Mark 7 LSC SE
    01 F350 turbo diesel
    08 Focus SES (aka. the beer can).

A Mustang without boost, is like a day without sunshine. got boost?

Copart is kinda wierd about their sales. I watched the Hawaii auction today and I saw a lot of other countries bidding on cars higher then the locals were. I watched a decent RX7 go for twice its worth to a Alabama account, now I know they may be in Hawaii and the corperate account is out of alabama but to many bids from out of country. If its not worth a price how is a company going to ship it and still make a profit? my buddy works at the shipping yard and not that many wrecked cars leaving, so I wonder whats really up with the out of country bids?
    I won a bid on a lifted Jeep Wrangler that is a "minimum bid" auction, my high bid was $875, owner offered me with $2300! I kept my bid but doubt he will go for it.
    Out of all auctions I dont like Copart very much, I guess I like to do it in person and get to inspect the car first.

Quote Originally Posted by In2Fords View Post
    Copart is kinda wierd about their sales. I watched the Hawaii auction today and I saw a lot of other countries bidding on cars higher then the locals were. I watched a decent RX7 go for twice its worth to a Alabama account, now I know they may be in Hawaii and the corperate account is out of alabama but to many bids from out of country. If its not worth a price how is a company going to ship it and still make a profit? my buddy works at the shipping yard and not that many wrecked cars leaving, so I wonder whats really up with the out of country bids?
    I won a bid on a lifted Jeep Wrangler that is a "minimum bid" auction, my high bid was $875, owner offered me with $2300! I kept my bid but doubt he will go for it.
    Out of all auctions I dont like Copart very much, I guess I like to do it in person and get to inspect the car first.
    China and many overseas Countries are metal hungry (have been so for the last 5 yrs) - don't be surprised to see some of the wrecks you're seeing bid on by overseas accounts just be turned into molten metal.
    - Phil
    1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13 and 2018 Mustang EB Premium w/Perf Pack

I'm sure the previous owner was TICKED that his baby got hit! Hope he's okay though.
    Present cars:
    1984 GT turbo t-tops

Wish list:
    1984 Predator
    Capri ASC McLaren Coupe
    1980 Cobra 4 spd
    1979 Pace Car
    (In order of Preference as well)

I learned today that the seller can hold out his minimum price for 3X's then he has to sell it? Not sure if thats true but I was talking to some other guys that buy 20+ cars a week on Copart back home and they seem to know what they are doing.
    Wonder whats up with this car?

That car is parts. I had an 85 GT that got the same hit. Spin around into a pole for mine. (I wasnt driving) What they dont show is the damage done to the floor pan on the opposite side of the collision damage. It rolls the floor pan under and pops all the spot welds loose in the door jam. You could make a nice driveway car out of it but that is about it. Like someone else said above, the quarter is rolled into the jam on the collision side too. I bet the owner cried. I wouldve. Sad shame.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast