Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Listen to 80's tunes in a 80's car?

I installed a new sound system last year with a MP3 CD player. Anyway, I burned a CD with about 180 songs, mostly my favorites from the 80's. There's a few from the 60's and 70's, but mostly the 80's. I graduated from h.s. in 86, so the music from this time is my favorite anyway: Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Chicago, U2, Brian Adams, Foreigner, Journey, Kiss, Genesis, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc..
    I only drive my mustang when the weather's nice, usually going for a fun cruise and yesterday i enjoyed rocking out on one of these fun rides. I was wondering how many others do the same thing: keeping their car like a time machine with the old tunes?? Of course, I don't do do it all the time, sometimes I switch it over to the radio and I'm back to today's music...so I know I'm not riding in Christine! LOL
    Mike
    1986 GT Convertible. Owned since 87. 189,000+ miles
    Medium canyon red metallic with custom charcoal grey/black two-tone leather interior
    Original stock 5.0 H.O. and T-5 manual
    Eibach pro-kit convertible springs

FEP Power Member

The only time I don't plug my mp3 player into my car stereo is when I've forgotten to charge it.

But there are quite a few 80s tunes in my regular playlist. ACDC, Aerosmith, early GnR, Journey, Chicago, Van Halen, ZZ Top, the Specials, even a bunch of one hit wonders I got off compilation cds.

FEP Power Member

Were you originally from fredricksburg ? I graduated HS from King George HS in 89.

Jason

I used to come to King George HS for track meets in the late 70's. I grew up further down the Neck in Richmond County.

Quote Originally Posted by 85mcLaren View Post
    Were you originally from fredricksburg ? I graduated HS from King George HS in 89.

Jason
    No, I'm a military brat (I've lived all over the place), but my mom's family is from Fredericksburg, so I have a lot of relatives here. I graduated not to far away though, a private school in Front Royal, Randolph-Macon Academy. I see you live down in the tidewater area, that's where my wife's from, Va beach, and I lived there for a few years as well.
    Mike
    Medium canyon red metallic with custom charcoal grey/black two-tone leather interior

Who needs music? The sound of the cammed 302 rumbling is all I need or can usually hear anyway.

But when I do pop in a cd then yes, I'm a sucker for 80's hair bands and metal.
    Iron Maiden would probably top the list..........it's in my daily driver Cherokee right now.
    ** Kurt **

Current:
    1980 Mustang Cobra

Past:
    1966 Mustang Coupe (first car!)
    1971 Mustang Grande
    1979 Mustang Hatchback

I confess, I do the same thing. I graduated in 85. Driving the car (I had an 82 when I was about 20), and listening to the music makes me feel young again. Is that pathetic?
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

Quote Originally Posted by Flowpro View Post
    Who needs music? The sound of the cammed 302 rumbling is all I need or can usually hear anyway.

But when I do pop in a cd then yes, I'm a sucker for 80's hair bands and metal.
    Iron Maiden would probably top the list..........it's in my daily driver Cherokee right now.
    No doubt, the 302 station is my favorite as well! Before I got the new stereo installed, I was without a working one for a few years, but was enjoying that V8 music
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bull-vette View Post
    I confess, I do the same thing. I graduated in 85. Driving the car (I had an 82 when I was about 20), and listening to the music makes me feel young again. Is that pathetic?
    Not pathetic, at least I hope not, because I'm with you brother...it does take me back. For me, back to (gulp) 19...driving the same car.
    Mike

it only feels rite to listen to 80's hair metal in an 80's mustang

I do the samething when driving the mustangs. I graduated in 88 so i'm in the same boat with the rest of ya for the 80's tunes.
    Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

Graduated in '84 and was driving a Maroon '84 t-top Capri RS 5.0 5 spd..... listened to '80's music then and listen to it now in my '86 Capri. The only thing that's changed is I have gray hair now.
    '86 Capri 5.0, black with charcoal interior, 5 spd, fully restored, mildly modded.

'86 Capri 5.0, white with black interior, C4, rotisserie restored, heavily modded.

Judas Priest,Rockin with Dokken, Ratt n Roll, GnR, Slaughter, Poison and L.A. Guns!!!!!!!!! Graduated in 87! Luv them all form the 80's

Quote Originally Posted by capri debris View Post
    Graduated in '84 and was driving a Maroon '84 t-top Capri RS 5.0 5 spd..... listened to '80's music then and listen to it now in my '86 Capri. The only thing that's changed is I have gray hair now.
    I hear ya on the grey hair.

Another change...the cell phone. Back in the 80's, when you were driving, you were free. Today, the phone, although has a lot of positives, is a big negative too. I know, I know, just turn it off or ignore it, but its not the same..
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTPony View Post
    Judas Priest,Rockin with Dokken, Ratt n Roll, GnR, Slaughter, Poison and L.A. Guns!!!!!!!!! Graduated in 87! Luv them all form the 80's
    Don't forget Whitesnake, METALLICA, OZZY, Van Halen, TESLA...
    I graduated in '86. '80's music ROCKS!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Quote Originally Posted by escogt View Post
    VH VH VH VH.....

3 out of 6 discs in my changer in the explorer are VH! LOL

do you think I'm a fan??

Saw whitesnake a few times, awesome band, and metallica also, saw them a handful also. Never saw Tesla though, always wanted to though.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    VH VH VH VH.....

do you think I'm a fan??

Saw whitesnake a few times, awesome band, and metallica also, saw them a handful also. Never saw Tesla though, always wanted to though.
    VH RULES!!! Saw TESLA 3 times & they are as good live as they are on their recordings. Def one of my faves.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    The only time I don't plug my mp3 player into my car stereo is when I've forgotten to charge it.

But there are quite a few 80s tunes in my regular playlist. ACDC, Aerosmith, early GnR, Journey, Chicago, Van Halen, ZZ Top, the Specials, even a bunch of one hit wonders I got off compilation cds.
    Man, I got to make a 2nd disc!!!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    VH VH VH VH.....

do you think I'm a fan??

You know it! I always have VH in the Mustang!
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

I love 80's music, but it's not limited to just music for me... 80's movies, (Brat Pack movies were filmed in my area) 80's clothes, (Still fit into my Guess jeans) and about the only thing missing is a nice mullet. I love the 80's.
    James
    86 GT 'vert 5sp Dark Grey Metallic (1D) SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 86GTConv View Post
    I installed a new sound system last year with a MP3 CD player. Anyway, I burned a CD with about 180 songs, mostly my favorites from the 80's. There's a few from the 60's and 70's, but mostly the 80's. I graduated from h.s. in 86, so the music from this time is my favorite anyway: Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Chicago, U2, Brian Adams, Foreigner, Journey, Kiss, Genesis, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc..
    I only drive my mustang when the weather's nice, usually going for a fun cruise and yesterday i enjoyed rocking out on one of these fun rides. I was wondering how many others do the same thing: keeping their car like a time machine with the old tunes?? Of course, I don't do do it all the time, sometimes I switch it over to the radio and I'm back to today's music...so I know I'm not riding in Christine! LOL

That's my plan. That's why I've held on to my Kicker SS12 and my old school amps. I'm looking for an old school Alpine deck like I used to have also. Back in high school I wanted an 86 GT but my Dad said I was an idiot and I'd kill myself. So my first car was a 66 Mustang. I'm the class of 91, so I didn't make outta school at the same time most of you guys did. BUT... I'm an AC/DC and VH fan too!

Blog Entries

Next week, I'm hoping to be listening to 70's and 80's music, in a '78 Mustang, played on an original am/fm/8 track. I've got a huge box of tapes in storage that have been waiting for this moment! LOL!
    Bryan
    1985 LTD Police Package

The 80's was the last great era for analog music.
    MTV "Music Television".
    There is good stuff since then, but not the variety of genre.

Wonder if the cassettes i recorded and listened to in the car back then are still playable.
    Magnetic tape needs to be at least ff and rewound every so often or it binds up.

L.A. Guns!!!!!!!!!
    TESLA...
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all that music. There are two bands right there that don't get enough respect and are both out on the road tonight (probably) GETTING IT DONE!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    1986 Black GT with T-tops

Just don't forget, many of the bands mentioned above are still together, touring and making new music. In most cases, if you liked their old music, you will like the new stuff too! Check out the new albums by Tesla (Forever More), Dokken (Lightning Strikes Again, sounds like outtakes from Tooth and Nail), Europe (Last Look at Eden, AWESOME!), Whitesnake (Forevermore, all I can say is WOW!), RATT (Infestation), LA Guns (Tales From the Strip), Great White (Rising, a favorite), Lynch Mob (Smoke and Mirrors), Warrant (Rockaholic), Winger (IV) and Night Ranger (Somewhere in California), not to mention the new bands which have come forward and embraced this style of music, such as Bad City, The Last Vegas and Steel Panther.
    1986 Black GT with T-tops

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast