Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So you ordered 43-73701?

FMR is not a forum fendor. Haven't been in a while.

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

I understand we can get frustrated with reproduction parts. Fox Mustang reproduction parts in general is in its infant stage. I am happy 'at least' companies are trying to reproduce parts. I do like what Matt said, they 'want to make it right for future customers'. I think if I was running a business I would want to make the right item for the customer too. I am sorry 50 that this is a PITA.

Hang in there in the future it will be better. I have heard Mopar fans complain and complain about wrong restoration parts. It is through our complaining that we will eventually get the right item.

Make sense?
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    So you ordered 43-73701?

FMR is not a forum fendor. Haven't been in a while.
    Yes, that is the part # listed on the TMI packing slip.
    '84 GT convertible, Oxford white, CFI to carb swap, AOD
    '83 GT, T-tops, Bright Red, 65K original miles, 2nd owner; '85 roller cam engine; 8.8 w/3.55s; ROH ZR-6's
    '88 LX 5.0 Notchback, 55K miles, 3.27's, Mach 1 suspension, 5 lug conversion; Saleen ARE 229 wheels; Flofit seats; Vortech S Trim, 42# injectors
    '89 Saleen clone, 3.55's, SN95 rear discs, SVO front discs, 9L white, ARE 229 5 spoke wheels, complete Flofit interior and Saleen gauges; Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar;

Quote Originally Posted by foxmustangrestoration View Post
    I was standing behind Kelly when she told you several times that we would pick it up. She even called you back to push the issue of just getting the foam back without your upholstery. The original answer when you first contacted us was to get the seat foam back to us.

My options to resolve this issue still stands.

As for TMI I do not own nor manage anything at TMI. I am a customer of theirs. When an issue is reported to them they do the exact same thing. TMI would need the components back to determine what went wrong no matter whose fault it is.

I am running a business and I do usually work 7 days a week. So no matter how much I would love to have time to chat and get to know the members on here more personally I simply do not have the time, but I am on here often and am interested in what you guys have to say. So when ever there is an "issue" I try to step in and make the customer happy. Sometimes it takes work from both parties.

The bottom line is all I needed to resolve the problem was to get the seat foam back and see it in person. We strive to make every customer happy. Call me or email me at the shop if you wish to resolve the seat foam issue.
    You are a vendor, third party, middle man, etc. or however you want to look at it...you are running a business to collect monies for providing a service given you are the only one here that can buy directly from TMI. I run several businesses myself and don't expect you to be chatty...just expect things to be fixed. Again, you can clearly see the foam is not the same and it has now been confirmed it is the correct foam as ordered. So here is another opportunity for you to correct things. I still noticed you do not have anything on your site relative to the convertible seat foam not having the internal wire and bracket for the seat belt hanger to attach to it.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

We alerted TMI about this issue several weeks ago. They have reported back to us that they have the correct mold but the wrong one was being used for the lower foam for the 83-84 seat foams.

TMI has agreed to replace the lower seat foam for anyone who recieved the wrong lower for the 83-84 seats. Just contact us at 704-888-1278 or email at parts@foxresto.com.

Thank you to FMR for addressing this issue with TMI, and thank you to TMI for acknowledging that there was a problem, and agreeing to replace any incorrect lower seat foam that was shipped out. And especially a thank you to 5ohFFR for bringing this issue to light.

FMR is a retailer. TMI is the manufacturer. It's difficult for the manufacturer to resolve an issue unless they are made aware that a problem exists. Normally, complaints from customers help identify that there is a problem. However, most times the customer is going to complain to the retailer they purchased the product from, not the manufacturer. It is then the retailer's responsibility to contact the manufacturer, advise them of the issue, and see that steps are taken to address the issue, and to take care of the customer.

While it seems that this has been done, it probably should have taken place sooner after 5ohFFR contacted FMR and made them aware of the problem he was having, rather than having him have to go on this forum and post a message to finally get some help. It seems that somewhere along the line, some communication breakdowns took place, but it's good to see that TMI has agreed to take care of their customers. I'm sure that this will restore faith in just about anyone who was thinking of ordering new seat foam from TMI, no matter what end retailer they were going to purchase it from.
    If they take my stapler, then I'll set the building on fire...

85 Mustang GT

FEP Member

Default Update

I contacted FMR via email on January 6 regarding the foam issue. They gave me the email address for Waylon at TMI. I emailed him and received a voicemail from him a couple of hours later (7:00 Pacific Time). He was off that day but still called me back. He said they would be sending me out new foam and that Catherine at TMI would be the contact. He said I could do whatever I wanted with the original foam shipped, he would not require me to ship anything back. Catherine emailed me later that day to follow up. Two days later she emailed me the tracking number.

I received the foam yesterday. You can see clearly from the photo that this is the correct foam compared to the foam I originally received next to it. Compared to my first comparison photo you can clearly see the latest foam is correct.

I feel all this aggravation could have been avoided if my original email and picture would have been examined and forwarded to TMI from the beginning. In the end, I never had to send anything back to TMI.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    '84 GT convertible, Oxford white, CFI to carb swap, AOD
    '83 GT, T-tops, Bright Red, 65K original miles, 2nd owner; '85 roller cam engine; 8.8 w/3.55s; ROH ZR-6's
    '88 LX 5.0 Notchback, 55K miles, 3.27's, Mach 1 suspension, 5 lug conversion; Saleen ARE 229 wheels; Flofit seats; Vortech S Trim, 42# injectors
    '89 Saleen clone, 3.55's, SN95 rear discs, SVO front discs, 9L white, ARE 229 5 spoke wheels, complete Flofit interior and Saleen gauges; Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar;

Yep, it is clearly different. Glad you got this resolved...I still never heard anything back from Matt at FMR about mine, oh well. Too late now though as I resolved it myself but the next guy may not be able to. It sure is ashame this had to happen like it did!
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

glad to see this get resolved by the manufacturer. I just sent an email to TMI about a problem with my back seat vinyl for the lower cushion. I hope I hear back as quick as you did.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

I'm really late to this party. I just looked at my seat foams that I purchased back in 2008 and sure enough. They are boxed wrong too. These came via Dallas Mustang. You think they would still do anything for me?
    JK
    1983 Capri RS Turbo (since new)
    1970 Boss 302 (since 1980)
    1965 Mustang Coupe (since 1976)

Youve had the foam sitting around for ten years?? I seriously doubt it

Almost 10 years, time flies doesn't it? I couldn't believe it when I saw the receipt in the box. The fact that they didn't look right is one of the reasons I didn't try to fix the seats to begin with. I figured it's like everything else in reproduction, it's a replacement part that isn't really correct. So I packed them in the attic, then into the trailer, and forgot about them. I've got a set of the OEM Ford seat covers to put on them and I didn't want to mess them up with some funky replacement foams that weren't right. Oh well, it's only money.
    JK
    1983 Capri RS Turbo (since new)
    1970 Boss 302 (since 1980)
    1965 Mustang Coupe (since 1976)

Blog Entries

You can always try. Parts sitting on a shelf for years for a restoration is not exactly uncommon.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12