Close

Hybrid View

Default Griswold Christmas

My daughter and I went out to pick up a tree tonight and I thought a few of you might appreciate this.

Nice!!!!

Just don't set your tree on fire or blow your sewer up.lol
    65 Mustang
    77 Mustang
    84 GT Turbo
    85 Mustang Convertible
    86 Mustang LX

Did you check the tree for squirrels?
    The Fleet:

'79 Fairmont Boxtop: The turbo-box
    '79 Fairmont Boxtop: The wife's car. 200/auto, factory sunroof.
    2010 Chevy Silverado: The DD/Tow rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
    My daughter and I went out to pick up a tree tonight and I thought a few of you might appreciate this.
    great pic only one thing missing a foot of snow ...lol
    the movie twister..i lived it big cabin oklahoma summer of '73

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBXnM5-B1T4
    current cars
    1984 gt 350 vert. second owner
    1986 lx 5.0 hatchback gone but not forgotten

Plenty Soggy this weekend in Dallas though, plenty of rain. No snow, but still a great pic.

Blog Entries

Nice Truckster!
    Bryan
    1985 LTD Police Package

Just watched it last night. It needs to be longer than the car and have a root ball on the end!
    2017 Lincoln MKZ AWD
    2003 Town Car
    2017 GTI
    Currently Foxless

Quote Originally Posted by eric5oh View Post
    Just watched it last night. It needs to be longer than the car and have a root ball on the end!
    LOL, yeah I know. I'm not that dedicated, though.

Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey $h1t he is! Hallelujah! Holy $h1t! Where's the Tylenol?
    1981 Durango (ends my 18 year drought of not owning a F/Z)

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey $h1t he is! Hallelujah! Holy $h1t! Where's the Tylenol?
    take it u dont like the guy lol
    86 GT WORKinPROGRESS

Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny ****ing Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.

Okay...that photo is begging to become an 8" x 10" color glossy, framed in cherrywood and hanging over the mantle right next to the tree currently on the car. Another Father/Daughter moment. Priceless.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

It is damily tradition in my house to watch that every christmasn screw a christmas story. "hey griswold, where you going to put a tree that big?" "bend over and i'll show you"
    2013 Focus ST3 2.0 turbo 6 speed

85 LTD, 90k miles, 3.8/c5,For sale... Or restomod if it doesn't sell

87 Conquest TSI widebody 2.6 Turbo/5speed, also maybe for sale

94 Tempo 3.0v6/5speed 92 GLS clone project

90 gmc sierra 2wd short box. 73k showroom condition, fender flares, 31" BFG All terrain. 350ci 4.10 gear

SH1TTERS FULL!!!!
    1981 Durango (ends my 18 year drought of not owning a F/Z)

You actually use your roof rack?
    Hell I just throw stuff in the back, I find a dripping wet tree is just too heavy for the roof. Makes that gawd awful 'FAAA-WHUMP!' everytime you hit a bump with a load on it.
    -Michael
    '79 Fairmont 5dr 'car guy safe' MM Tech Tips StopTech Brake Bias StopTech White Papers

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MIKE View Post
    You actually use your roof rack?
    Hell I just throw stuff in the back, I find a dripping wet tree is just too heavy for the roof. Makes that gawd awful 'FAAA-WHUMP!' everytime you hit a bump with a load on it.
    I couldn't even tell the tree was up there. I had to double check a few times just to make sure, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    SH1TTERS FULL!!!!

LMAO i use that quote all the time

I think the Griswold wagon was a better beater. Good old trusty Taurus with the wood paneling package!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdLSC View Post
    I think the Griswold wagon was a better beater. Good old trusty Taurus with the wood paneling package!!!
    What?
    85 Ford LTD LX: Four eyes and Four doors

EFI swap, AFR 165 heads, 5-speed conversion, Cobra brakes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LTDScott View Post
    What?
    It was a taurus with some funky wood paneling. The truckster is a different movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
    It was a taurus with some funky wood paneling. The truckster is a different movie.
    That's true... The "Wagon Queen Family Truckster" if from the first "Vacation" film with the Griswolds. The Truckster was based on a 1983 Ford LTD Country Squire wagon - it was designed and built by George Barris.

The wagon used in Christmas Vacation was a 1988 Ford Taurus wagon with wood paneling on the sides (I don't think that Ford ever offered that option on a Taurus...):

IMHO - Jimbo's Mercury Zephyr Villager wagon is a much more attractive car if I have to make a choice!
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

I love this pic - it's the perfect Fox Body Christmas Card! By all means, put that in a frame on the mantle. It almost makes me want a Fox wagon with wood paneling on the side. It's been a while since I've had a woody wagon!
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

FEP Power Member

Merry Christmas....Merry Christmas.....kiss my ass.....kiss my ass.....kiss your ass.....kiss his ass