Close

Question Bought an 86 GT Donor car today

First this is not a FOR SALE or Parts FOR SALE Ad i am just sharing my info on my latest purchase.

The guy that had the 79 Mustang at his shop also had an 86 GT Donor sitting there the next day and when i stopped to ask about the cars, i offered to buy the donor to save whatever parts he didnt need from going to the crusher.

The car has no title, and i do not intend to be a 4I killer but i will NOT be trying to obtain one for it.

This car was bought with the intention to save what can be used

The little i saw, the body needs serious help, but the interior is near perfect, but it's gray not red lol.

I may be putting parts for sale eventually, if i can please the FEP gods. if not i will just hold on to them for now.

I mentioned on Facebook that i would post pics of the car, but i have not yet decided on that completely, I know we all love to see new cars show up but, i cannot afford to save this car nor do i currently have the resources to, and i bought this donor with the intention of getting parts off it for my use in my other two cars. if needed, to sell parts, i will PM photos of Unsavable proof to mods for approval.

Even if this car is complete cancer i still may have an issue with scrapping the chassis, i already feel a lil regret for intending to parting it, let alone sending the chassis to be crushed.

I will post updates or photos if i choose to go that route, if i think the chassis can be saved i will post up the chassis for sale as it will be a strictly track use car with no title.
    No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

If I had enough land, I'd love to get an 86 parts car. I've been trying to collect things like T-top glass, bumper cover, etc...
    1980 Cobra Project

This one is a sunroof car and almost that entire area is destroyed, now i am only missing one roof style and thats the one i will never buy is a vert lol
    No Longer a 4I Owner

pics?
    I'm only 17, so bear with me

Current:
    1979 Mustang Hatch - under construction
    1954 chevy bel-air - project
    My dad's 1998 Toyota Corolla - DD -.-

Gone:
    1989 Mustang hatch LX - totaled.

This is not a "part out" thread so please do not ask for or offer parts from this car. Thank you.

Of course i will NOT fox, and i will send you a pic tomorrow of the tag and door tag if its still readable.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

sorry i misunderstood Fox
    ~LES~
    157 HP @ 4200 RPM
    240 ft/lb @ 2400 RPM

"Yeah Baby Feel That Pure Power"
    Capri:
    Is a Mustang With Hips And Class

Did a quick once over today while i pulled the bucktag off and found one major issue, it looks as if the car was hit in the right side or something catastrophic to the right side, the front frame, and apron area has repaired damage.

The picture that follows shows a area that has been welded and the second smaller arrow points to the seam that the pinch welds are completely seperated all along the entire seam. What the picture doesnt show is the rips in the fender apron closer to the rad support.

One neat thing i found is this Premium Sound Headunit

The Front Interior, dirty but, in decent shape not mint like i thought lol
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Buck Tag
    MUSTANG = Mustang model line
    308012 = 208,012th 1986 Mustang scheduled for production at Dearborn Assembly
    61B = Mustang 3-dr sedan (hatchback)
    M = 5.0L V8 engine
    MO = sunroof
    1497 = body & paint assembly line rotations # 1497
    1E = Silver Metallic exterior
    TT = Dark Charcoal lower accent paint (tu-tone paint)
    DF
    ST
    AC = air conditioner
    HB = rear defrost
    S = cruise control
    GT = GT trim level
    WD = power windows and power door locks
    MBW = T-5 transmision
    01 = no hood 'scoop'
    EL
    A = Charcoal/Grey interior trim
    EI = fuel injection
    X
    NLR
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags