Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ok guys here is the car after i had it detailed by c and c,, this is the only pictures i have and they are on facebook their page,, here is the link of some before and after,, and yeah someone painted it black but didnt do the jams,, the enging compartment is still sage green, but the car isnt to bad http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id..._touch&_ft_c=m

and my work computer wont let me cut and paste the photos,,,,firewalls,, pain in the ass

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by 79mustangcobra View Post
    Hi Ken what does SVO B mean, on your Marti report?

Thanks!

Wolf - cool that you got this car! Looking forward to some pictures
    I will help Ken out, B is 85 and A is 85.5 for the SVO's.
    Kendal

Thanks,,,Now Thats What I Wanted To Do! LOL The Pictures of the interior are before they cleaned it,, interior came out good

Well,,,The Head Locked Up From A Stuck valve which snapped the timing belt etc etc,, funny thing it was running fine all i did was shut it off,,next day went to start it and here we are,, so i am just going to have the entire motor rebuilt

oh man, that's not good - especially after spending the $ on the car and shipping costs. The good thing is, there's tons of 2.3 aftermarket support (and parts) available to do a really nice engine build.

Racer Walsh has lots of 2.3 stuff: http://racerwalsh.zoovy.com/

also hit up the guys over on turboford: http://www.turboford.org/

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Cobra Jet; 12-13-2011 at 09:35 AM.
    - Phil
    1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13 and 2018 Mustang EB Premium w/Perf Pack

There's a guy in mastic who is parting out an SVO. Still has the motor. Says motor was rebuilt and only has 15k since rebuild.

FEP Power Member

Default Hertz Information

Marti Auto Works reports now verifys the Hertz cars. I just got mine.
    Kendal

Hey Kendall, I guess I'll have to order one for myself now.
    1985 SVO 4e
    1985 SVO 9L "Hertz"
    1985 SVO 2R T-top
    1985 SVO 2R
    1985 GT 'Vert Silver
    1985 GT Vert Light Regatta Blue
    1986 SVO 1C
    1986 GT 4E 'Vert
    1966 GT 'Vert
    2003 Mach1

3rd option down, it says SVO Version B (hertz). Pretty cool! What is a version B SVO though? Anyone know?
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

Yes I Will,,Right now the motor is being rebuilt when i get the car back i will take some pictures before it hits the paint shop,

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by 02Z06 View Post
    3rd option down, it says SVO Version B (hertz). Pretty cool! What is a version B SVO though? Anyone know?
    Version B is 1985 and version A is 1985.5. Going by the ones I have gotten from both. Not sure why but that is how it has worked out.
    Kendal

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by 02Z06 View Post
    Version B is 1985 and version A is 1985.5. Going by the ones I have gotten from both. Not sure why but that is how it has worked out.

On another note, Kevin Marti says there were 60 hertz svo's instead of 40. Keep looking folks there out there.
    Kendal

Send me the VIN I can run a carfax on it.
    86 GT Saleen clone

what do you guys think the value of this car would be,,,just an around about price,, once the car comes back from having the motor rebuilt,, I "may" have to sell it,,, not sure yet if i have too , but something came up and am hopeing to handle it but just in case i cant.......

Looks like a nice solid Hertz, I would think it would be worth what at least what you put in it. IF you got it for 4K, Id add at least 1500 to that, I alwasy loose on my shipping, that is just part of the game with these cars.
    1979 Pace car
    1985 GT
    1993 Cobra #4993, Last 93 Cobra Builit
    1995 Cobra #1670 Bought
    2009 GT500KR #173
    And a few other's

yes the car is rust free and everything works also will have a rebuilt motor,hopefully i dont have to sell but just trying to figure what its worth,, i know if i paint it and do the dash and drivers seat cover she will be in excellent condition,,,which is what i want to do,, we will see

HOW IS THIS CAR COMING ALONG?
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.

Motor is currently out of the car and being rebuilt, also new tank,pump, lines etc, hopefully running in a couple of weeks, then save for paint, dash and drivers seat, oh and healiner and car will be finished

Ok Unfortunatly I am going to have to sell this car,,, I Work for con edison and they locked us out,, so,, toys need to go, i should have this car back by monday,, I had the motor rebuilt , new clucth,flywheel, gas tank, fuel pump, rebuilt head, etc. mechanic said it would be finished by tomorrow,, i am asking $6500 for the car and that is a loss for me. this is a rare car, and now is your chance to grab it, inbox me if interested. thanks
    pete

SORRY TO HEAR THIS. why do we have to be living in this time and having to see all of this pain put upon our brethren. so sad. and if you talk about it, people get mad at you as if you have no right ? sick minds. good luck pete. i will send as much positive juju your way that i can. peace brother.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.

Default marti report

here is the marti report ..just got it stateing its a hertz,,,car is now for sale $6500 Firm..I will be putting it on ebay soon
    Attached Images Attached Images

also here is my cell if interested 631-384-1050

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast