Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 347Boss project

Quote Originally Posted by TWR2003 View Post
    Looks good!

Obviously you will need either shorter studs or you can probably just use bolts, although studs make it easier to hang the gaskets and line everything up.

BTW what are you going to do about the water lines from the heater core to the intake and WP? And where are you locating your ECT sensor?
    Thanks!!! Yeah, gonna try and source some new studs for sure. The heater lines will probably
    get Tee'd in using some barbed fittings later on... May run them above the pass side header. I'm thinking about coming off the 90 with a Tee fitting (picture upside down T) and installing the sensor on the top...should get ample flow over sensor tip...and other side to the WP. Any suggestions?
    1986 Capri RS w/ FRPP Z347BOSS crate

2011 F-150 SCREW ecoBoost FX4

Had a local machine shop mill down my EGR delete piece to 1 1/16" after. It worked out great, I bolted it up and tested the cable for room, all is well. Big thank to Mike and McMachine for their bracket, it worked out great too. I have literally about an 1/8 of an inch between the ADFPR and the bracket, about 1/8" between TB linkage and the top of the top pan and about a 1/8 of an inch between the IAC valve connector and the top pan! What a break...too close for comfort but it works!

EGR Bracket milled:

MCmachine piece:

TB Linkage:

IAC Valve connector:

I also installed the new AN adapter fittings to let me get from the hard fuel lines to braided hose. This is only temporary until I get teh nerve to replace all the fuel lines back to the tank with braided hose...Speaking of tanks, I was prepping my old tank last night for some prime and paint - because it looked solid after all these years with minimal surface rust - and as I was pressure washing the grease off it I noticed a small pinhole! Nice little setback I wasn't planning for! Had a spare tank from an 89' but with all the rust on it I didn't want to chance it. I figured I came all this way and now was not the time to skimp out - especially on a critical piece like this. Not so much fun draining gas and dropping tanks. Luckily enough the local NAPA here can get me a SPECTRA replacement tank delivered in 2 days so hopefully I can stay on track and get this thing fired up this weekend!!!

Fittings:

Looking good Ozzie. I can't wait to hear you fire it up.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    I also installed the new AN adapter fittings to let me get from the hard fuel lines to braided hose.

Fittings:
    Looks great!

What fittings did you use to connect to the existing hard lines? Did you have to flare the hard lines after you put the nuts on? What (brand) braided hose and fittings are you using?

Thanks
    T
    MF: Shoot pool Fast Eddie.
    EF: Im shootin' pool Fats. When I miss you can shoot.

Looks great!

What fittings did you use to connect to the existing hard lines? Did you have to flare the hard lines after you put the nuts on? What (brand) braided hose and fittings are you using?

Thanks
    T
    Thanks! This took a fair bit of time to source out believe it or not. I knew that a JIC and -AN fitting had the same taper (37deg) so I used a mix and match of SS316 and anodized AN.

On the outside 5/16" fuel supply line is a 5/16" compression x -6AN male fitting made by Earl's (owned by Holley). NO FLARING. Adapts easily to a -6 Female eruseable hose end fitting.

The inside line in the pic is the 1/4" return line and uses a SS 1/4" compression fitting x 3/8 female tube swivel and then that ties into a 3/8 male tube x 3/8 male JIC. Then it leaves stainless and goes to a standard -6AN (3/8") reuseable hose end fitting. AGAIN, NO FLARING REQUIRED. I would have simply used the same fitting as mentioned above only I couldn't get my hands on a 1/4 compression x -6AN male. Plus, I already had a few fittings in SS kicking around..

I can get you the part numbers for the fittings if you need them. I found the 1/4" adapter compression fitting the other day after when skimming through an Earl's catalog (of course). You can also get them in Black anodized Miltary spec for a few bucks more! Only thing is you need to be very careful when compressing, the OE fuel lines are super soft. Hopefully I don't get any leaks.

http://www.rjminjectiontech.com/coll...ts/ss-tb-bolts

A link for some shorter studs, they may work for you.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by mcb82gt View Post
    http://www.rjminjectiontech.com/coll...ts/ss-tb-bolts

A link for some shorter studs, they may work for you.
    Ha! Thanks! Funny....I just saw these this morning actually.....used some bolts after.....5/16-18 x 2.5". Little tanglier hanging gaskets tho..

I can get you the part numbers for the fittings if you need them. I found the 1/4" adapter compression fitting the other day after when skimming through an Earl's catalog (of course). You can also get them in Black anodized Miltary spec for a few bucks more! Only thing is you need to be very careful when compressing, the OE fuel lines are super soft. Hopefully I don't get any leaks.
    Thanks for the info. We went to the Earl's website but could not find those parts you mentioned (compression-x). Do you have a link or some part numbers as we were thinking of doing the same? Did you also use Earl's braided hose and what type?

Thanks again
    T

Try these:

(5/16) > EAR-165056ERL http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-165056ERL

(1/4) > EAR-165064ERL http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-165064ERL

Not sure on the hose, got it from a buddy...thinking Goodyear???

FEP Senior Member

Very nice looking build!

Try these:

(5/16) > EAR-165056ERL http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-165056ERL

(1/4) > EAR-165064ERL http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-165064ERL

Not sure on the hose, got it from a buddy...thinking Goodyear???
    Thank you very much for that info!

Be careful as the different brand hoses are not always compatible with different brand fittings and you can have leaks, etc.

Thanks,
    T

We just went to the Earls catalog and it says 50psi maximum on those compression fittings. Thats not that much margin on a 40psi fuel system.

We just went to the Earls catalog and it says 50psi maximum on those compression fittings. Thats not that much margin on a 40psi fuel system.
    I thought the same thing and contacted Earl's on it. They said I would be fine at 39-44psi which is where I should be running. Having said that it certainly is a close margin but you can upgrade to the military spec which Earl's says is supposedly higher rated. I Personally I think the material is the same just different coating on the military spec so I opeted for the standard red/blue. You could always go all SS316 JIC but good luck finding that 5/16 compression. You'd probably have to use brass... Thats why I went all 316 on the 1/4 line - cause I could source it. We'll see how that 5/16 holds up at ~40psi. You can see my dilemma. Either that fitting or back to crappy nylon hose..

I thought the same thing and contacted Earl's on it. They said I would be fine at 39-44psi which is where I should be running. Having said that it certainly is a close margin but you can upgrade to the military spec which Earl's says is supposedly higher rated. I Personally I think the material is the same just different coating on the military spec so I opeted for the standard red/blue. You could always go all SS316 JIC but good luck finding that 5/16 compression. You'd probably have to use brass... Thats why I went all 316 on the 1/4 line - cause I could source it. We'll see how that 5/16 holds up at ~40psi. You can see my dilemma. Either that fitting or back to crappy nylon hose..
    You dont have to go back to nylon. You would just need a different fitting that is made for a flare. Thats why we asked if you had flared the existing lines. Fittings that work with flared tubing are usually good to several hundred psi.

If you stay with the compression fittings just keep an eye on them.

T

Quote Originally Posted by n20capri View Post
    Looking good Oz - I have the same setup and I used an Accufab EGR delete spacer that keeps everything in the correct spot...it's like $100 though...

Yup, bringing this one back from a very long hibernation...

Just picked up a used Victor EFI upper/lower...

Mike, did you use an Accufab blank EGR spacer and not use the Edelbrock Victor EFI specific throttle bracket and also run the factory hard coolant lines without an other mods needed?

Thanks!
    Mark

1986 GT Hatchback (2R): 5spd, TFS FAC 170s, TFS Stage 2 Cam, Vortech SQ S-Trim, MM Suspension, SN95 5-lug conversion w/Fox 5-lug rear axles, 3.73's, 13" / 11.65" brakes, Moates QuarterHorse
    '88 LX 5.0
    '22 GT500

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123