Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn V View Post
    Probably. I bought a cheapo aluminum heater core, but after reading some other posts, think I may try and get an original, or better quality part ... I think these are brass. I only want to do this job once on the car!

Steve, any of those dates should be OK for me. I prefer Sat morning and at an earlier time (8am?) ... traffic will be a little lighter then and it is a better coffee time for me. But that's just my preference, I can probably attend at the times that you proposed. Sunday afternoons will be a little tighter, since I go to church at 6pm.

I think that the Starbucks on Hwy 3 at CLC Blvd has better parking than either Almeda or Bay Area.
    I think the big issue with the heater cores is the soldering on the necks of the inlet and outlet tubes and how careful you are when installing the unit. If you install a restrictor and keep up the colling system I really don't see a benefit to brass versus aluminum. My F350 had a brass unit that I put an aluminum unit in years ago and it is still there...seems to produce a little hotter air to. If I remember, the one I put in the Stang a year ago was from O'Riley and an aluminum unit.

I know Bob was suggesting the Nov. 19th also and I set the 9:30 am to give the two guys from Spring and Freeport time to travel...so maybe 9:00 am will work. I placed the 3:30 pm Sunday time given morning church and lunch after that gives someone 1-1.5 hours in between. I would like to hear from a couple more but leaning towards the Nov. 19th.

I did not know there was a Starbucks at CLCB and Hwy 3. Given there are no traffic lights from I-45 like there would be on Bay Area it would indeed be a better solution. Is it in the fuel station on the corner or next to it? I even went on their website to find additional places that would be a central location for all involved and it did not pull up. I like that location also as it is very close to the Sylvan Rodriguez park I spoke about earlier so maybe we could look at that to while right there and talking shop.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Quote Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
    I think the big issue with the heater cores is the soldering on the necks of the inlet and outlet tubes and how careful you are when installing the unit. If you install a restrictor and keep up the colling system I really don't see a benefit to brass versus aluminum. My F350 had a brass unit that I put an aluminum unit in years ago and it is still there...seems to produce a little hotter air to. If I remember, the one I put in the Stang a year ago was from O'Riley and an aluminum unit.

I know Bob was suggesting the Nov. 19th also and I set the 9:30 am to give the two guys from Spring and Freeport time to travel...so maybe 9:00 am will work. I placed the 3:30 pm Sunday time given morning church and lunch after that gives someone 1-1.5 hours in between. I would like to hear from a couple more but leaning towards the Nov. 19th.

I did not know there was a Starbucks at CLCB and Hwy 3. Given there are no traffic lights from I-45 like there would be on Bay Area it would indeed be a better solution. Is it in the fuel station on the corner or next to it? I even went on their website to find additional places that would be a central location for all involved and it did not pull up. I like that location also as it is very close to the Sylvan Rodriguez park I spoke about earlier so maybe we could look at that to while right there and talking shop.
    I'll have to re-read some of the posts about using aluminum heater cores.

What, you mean everyone doesn't get up at 5am on Sat morning? Oh well, I don't either ... good point about giving time for others to drive over. Whatever time works for them is fine for me.

Yes, the Starbucks is in the little plaza next to the Sonic, next to the Exxon station on the corner. Coffee, junk food, and fuel ... what else does a cruiser need? A micro-cruise over to the park would be good.

One other suggestion ... privately ask for mobile phone numbers of those who plan to come and give them yours and mine. That way if anyone gets lost, has car trouble to/from, or the location changes last-minute, we can stay in touch.
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

Just a suggetsion but there's a Starbucks at 288 and Broadway(FM 51 in Pearland. The other side of the 288 there's the Pearland Town Center. Huge parking lot and Mimi's Cafe if we wanted to grab breakfast. Also it's a little more centrally located for all who are attending. It's a nice straight shot from Freeport and relatively easy for me too. Kinda equal for Missouri City and Clear Lake as well.

Time isn't an issue for me. If everyone else is cool with 8:30 I am too.

Matt
    1984 Predator 4S-130
    1984 Predator Cobra 4S-149

Had (in order): 83GL 3.8L notch, 86 3.8L hatch, 83 3.8L vert, 90GT hatch, 86GT hatch, 83GLX 3.8L Vert

FEP Member

hello folks. Steve here in Katy,

I'm not sure I can make anything next month but may be interested in the future. Alternatively there is also a westside club thats been established for quite sometime that we could potentially piggy back on. If you were not already aware.

http://www.westsidemustangs.com/

Steve
    1983 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by roller4v View Post
    hello folks. Steve here in Katy,

I'm not sure I can make anything next month but may be interested in the future. Alternatively there is also a westside club thats been established for quite sometime that we could potentially piggy back on. If you were not already aware.

http://www.westsidemustangs.com/

Steve
    Steve, glad to hear from you. That club looks like a few other clubs in the area...Mustang Club Houston comes to mind. They have any year model Mustang involvement...1964 through 2012 Mustangs. What we would like to do is take that a step further and get a group together that is dedicated to the foxbody cars only...1979 through 1993 Mustangs. It appears like the date is leaning towards Nov. 19th in the morning for coffee. We would like to plan a larger get together that would pull more folks in from surrounding areas like Austin, Beaumont, Corpus, etc. Ideally having them put together a simular group and host every other to fourth year so that a road rally could be formed for some fun.
    HAD

HAVE
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Quote Originally Posted by mattster34 View Post
    Just a suggetsion but there's a Starbucks at 288 and Broadway(FM 51 in Pearland. The other side of the 288 there's the Pearland Town Center. Huge parking lot and Mimi's Cafe if we wanted to grab breakfast. Also it's a little more centrally located for all who are attending. It's a nice straight shot from Freeport and relatively easy for me too. Kinda equal for Missouri City and Clear Lake as well.

Time isn't an issue for me. If everyone else is cool with 8:30 I am too.

Matt
    Matt, that might be an alternative spot if we get some folks interested on the west side but I looked at a map of H-town and Almeda was the center spot for those we have now. Pearland would actually be further for you to travel...no?
    HAD

HAVE

Matt, that might be an alternative spot if we get some folks interested on the west side but I looked at a map of H-town and Almeda was the center spot for those we have now. Pearland would actually be further for you to travel...no?
    Yeah I guess it would be. Not being from Texas and living in Spring, I don't know the area as well as I should.

LOL I had to google where Almeda and Hwy 3 was... I knew about the Mimi's Cafe because it was a regular dining stop in California and we were excited to find out one was here.
    1984 Predator 4S-130
    1984 Predator Cobra 4S-149

Had (in order): 83GL 3.8L notch, 86 3.8L hatch, 83 3.8L vert, 90GT hatch, 86GT hatch, 83GLX 3.8L Vert

Jason From Katy here. I'm good with the 19th of Nov. Location doesn't really matter to me since Houston is so big you have to drive for a while to get anywhere. Looking forward to meeting some other local other fox body folks and checking out their rides.

Hi ya. Pasadena here. I've seen a few of yall out at the kemha show.

Last edited by v8sten; 10-21-2011 at 03:27 AM.

Racing is an addiction cured only by poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by v8sten View Post
    Hi ya. Pasadena here. I've seen a few of yall out at the kemha show.

I have seen your car at a couple of the Kemah shows. Will you be interested meeting up next month? Where is this in the picture and what event was it?
    HAD

HAVE

This event was cofee and cars Vintage park every 1st Saturday of the Month from 7:30-9:30.

To close to Thanksgiving as I will have a lot of Family in town starting Nov. 18.

Might have my 85 Up and running again by then. Right now it's al about the 2007 GT.

Okay guys and gals, I am setting the date to Saturday morning on November 19th and will further discuss the 8:30 am time and Starbucks coffee at Clear Lake City Blvd. & Hwy 3 location further with one other person coming in from afar. I have also went back through some old emails of mine to locate a couple more guys I have bought and sold parts to for interest. I also may hit the Kemah car show the Saturday prior to see if there are a couple guys there that might be interested.
    HAD

HAVE

Sounds good, keep us posted on your progress.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Sorry I couldn't make the Kemah car show this past Sat. My first grandbaby was born yesterday so I was a little busy this weekend. Anyway, I'll pencil in Nov. 19th. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Scott

No big deal Scott, I got busy myself and decided against going. I try to drive the car once a week or so and did not even get her out this past weekend and we have a family reunion this weekend so I guess she will stay put another week.

I have heard from most at this point and it appears that the November 19th is going to work better for all but one. So lets plan on that morning at 8:30 am at the Starbucks coffee at Clear Lake City Blvd. and Hwy. 3. I will PM my cell to everyone within a week of the meet in case anyone gets lost.
    HAD

HAVE

8:30 am, that's the middle of the night.......I'll be the guy drinking Mt dew, I don't drink coffee. :-)

Wow. Not to hijack the thread but, I sure would like to here more about Texas. I am seriously thinking about moving back. I grew up in Houston. Graduated from Madison Sr. High in 1976. Moved to the Seattle area in 91. I've done my 20 years here and the rain is really getting to me. Probably won't see another nice day until July 5th. Kinda weird Huh? Literally, it rains until July 4th and then clears up on the 5th. However, this year it didn't even do that. I think we had 2 weeks of 80 degrees and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by JTs Bikes View Post
    Wow. Not to hijack the thread but, I sure would like to here more about Texas. I am seriously thinking about moving back. I grew up in Houston. Graduated from Madison Sr. High in 1976. Moved to the Seattle area in 91. I've done my 20 years here and the rain is really getting to me. Probably won't see another nice day until July 5th. Kinda weird Huh? Literally, it rains until July 4th and then clears up on the 5th. However, this year it didn't even do that. I think we had 2 weeks of 80 degrees and that was it.
    Well bring your happy self on then. I have extended family up in Eugene, Oregon and Seattle, Washington areas and I can say that it is nice to visit but I would not want to live there.
    HAD

HAVE

Two more weeks ... looking forward to it. My boys and I came across a mini car show today at the Advance Auto Parts on Hwy 3 near El Dorado. Most of the cars there were from the 60's, but there was a black 85/86 that we saw from afar, but it left before we got there. Then there was the 82 in the photo below. I met the original owner and invited him to our meet ... he had never heard of FEP, so I told him to check it out. Steve, he remembers seeing your car at Kemah and/or Pearland.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn V View Post
    Two more weeks ... looking forward to it. My boys and I came across a mini car show today at the Advance Auto Parts on Hwy 3 near El Dorado. Most of the cars there were from the 60's, but there was a black 85/86 that we saw from afar, but it left before we got there. Then there was the 82 in the photo below. I met the original owner and invited him to our meet ... he had never heard of FEP, so I told him to check it out. Steve, he remembers seeing your car at Kemah and/or Pearland.
    Good deal...but where in the heck is Advance Auto at Hwy 3 and El Dorado? That is a clean 82...hopefully he will sign up here and/or show up on the 19th. I just got back from a spin in the vert up that way but prolly to late for that show. Leigh and I are putting little one down as I speak and then it is time for a spin in the vert for mommy and daddy...have not drove the car in almost a month so I may have to air it out a little!
    HAD

HAVE

Good deal...but where in the heck is Advance Auto at Hwy 3 and El Dorado? That is a clean 82...hopefully he will sign up here and/or show up on the 19th. I just got back from a spin in the vert up that way but prolly to late for that show. Leigh and I are putting little one down as I speak and then it is time for a spin in the vert for mommy and daddy...have not drove the car in almost a month so I may have to air it out a little!
    The Advance Auto is just a little north of El Dorado on Hwy 3 ... next to the boat storage place. I haven't driven mine enough lately, either ... real shame with the nice weather we're having. Glad you're airing the car out tonight ... our windows are open so I'll listen for your exhaust note.

Here is a link to the location of the Starbucks coffee at F.M. 2351 (Clear Lake City Blvd.) and Highway 3 where we plan on meeting up.

http://www.starbucks.com/store/18649

If you go under Automatic and click Birds Eye View, you should see the circular parking lot and pavillion of Sylvan Rodriguez park in the upper right hand corner off Crescent st. There are no traffic lights from I-45 (Gulf Freeway) to Highway 3 and typically Mr. Do Good is no where to be found on that stretch either if you want to air the car out and listen to the exhaust coming under the overpass...wouldn't know anything about that, just sayin It looks like there will be 6 for sure with the possibility of another 4 or 5.
    HAD

HAVE

I have been going through some emails and adds inviting some additional folks that are not affiliated with FEP but local. It is looking like we may have a dozen or so show. I will shoot everyone an emial or PM middle of next week with my cell in case someone gets turned around.
    HAD

HAVE

Wow!! That area is amazing. Holy crap! look at all the houses!!. I remember surveying that area in the 80's It was all brush and dirt!

Ahh, a Starbucks?? There is a shopping area about 2 miles from my house. There is a Starbucks inside the Safeway store. Another one in the parking lot and another one just closed down across the street. And another 5 or 6 independent shops between here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by JTs Bikes View Post
    Wow!! That area is amazing. Holy crap! look at all the houses!!. I remember surveying that area in the 80's It was all brush and dirt!

Ahh, a Starbucks?? There is a shopping area about 2 miles from my house. There is a Starbucks inside the Safeway store. Another one in the parking lot and another one just closed down across the street. And another 5 or 6 independent shops between here and there.
    It has definately changed since the 70's! There is a thread going on now where some people are posting pictures from back in the 60's and 70's on facebook. I was not aware of the Starbucks we are meeting at until Saturn V brought it up...and I pass by there very frequently...because there are other stores within a couple miles of this location!
    HAD

HAVE

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast