Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Houston and surrounding area meets

I have been attending several formal and informal car shows over the past year either as a vendor and/or just looking. I have seen a couple foxbody cars out there but know there are more.

Saturn V and I have been talking about starting up a local meet...maybe once a month Saturday mornings at a coffee shop for now then leading up to a larger meet at a local park that might give people in surrounding towns the opportunity to make it. I will be sending PM's to people I think might be interested so lets post up in this thread to get things started in the right direction...seeing who might be interested and where everyone is located.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

I will start off with saying my name is Steve and am always interested in talking cars...especially four eyed versions. We live in Clear Lake which is a suburb between Houston and Galveston.
    HAD

HAVE
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

This is Matt. I'll travel anywhere in the Houston area for a meet-up. I'm up in Spring which is just north of Houston.
    1984 Predator 4S-130
    1984 Predator Cobra 4S-149

Had (in order): 83GL 3.8L notch, 86 3.8L hatch, 83 3.8L vert, 90GT hatch, 86GT hatch, 83GLX 3.8L Vert

Okay, I have PM'd and additionally emailed several folks here. I only did this with people either in Houston or just outside of Houston. Lets see who shows up in here for locations but plan on a meet/greet sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving on a Saturday morning at a local coffee shop.
    HAD

HAVE

Hi guys, name's Scott and I also live in the Clear Lake area. Actually League City. I've gone to the Home Depot car gathering on Sat nights a few times. I'd be interested as long as you guys don't give me grief about mine being a Capri

Hey Scott, I think you might have been the person at one of the Kemah meets I saw several weeks back. You parked next to my vert and I tried to get over and visit but was unable to before you left shortly there after. If so, you don't have to worry about anyone giving you grief over your car...it looked really nice!
    HAD

HAVE

Quote Originally Posted by 86capriRSTop View Post
    Hi guys, name's Scott and I also live in the Clear Lake area. Actually League City. I've gone to the Home Depot car gathering on Sat nights a few times. I'd be interested as long as you guys don't give me grief about mine being a Capri
    No discrimination here! Mustang, Capri, LTD, Fairmont, Zephyr, the more the merrier!
    1984 Predator 4S-130

Had (in order): 83GL 3.8L notch, 86 3.8L hatch, 83 3.8L vert, 90GT hatch, 86GT hatch, 83GLX 3.8L Vert

Hey guys my name is jerry I live galleria side and I will also be up to hang out and get to meet other people I might be I'm my 89 though wondering I am still trying to did this wiring issue with my 86

Jerry, did you ever find a storage facility?
    HAD

HAVE

I'm Erik in Clear Lake. Of course we like to see other cars, but the idea is really to meet and visit with the people. So it doesn't matter what shape your car is in, or if you even bring one (but we hope that you do!) Just come on out!

Quote Originally Posted by 86capriRSTop View Post
    Scott, check out my "cars from the past" album ... my first car was a gray 79 Capri and I wanted to get another one, but found my 84 GT instead. I still want to have another Capri someday. From your album it appears that you've replaced your heater core ... I need to do the same soon, so it would be good to visit with you.

Matt, are you going to have a Predator on the road soon? I still haven't decided what to do about covers for the seats that I bought from you.

Steve, thanks for kicking this off.
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn V View Post
    Matt, are you going to have a Predator on the road soon? I still haven't decided what to do about covers for the seats that I bought from you.
    Hey Erik,

No I'm not going to have a Predator on the road anytime soon. The rust in both are requiring a frame-up restoration and that part is going slow...

It's cool though... I have a new DD I can bring with me.

I've been meaning to PM you about the seats, If you need a test seat to practice your dye-skills on, I have one. Or you can use my other set. Just let me know. I also need to replace my heater core. Maybe we can help each other out on that.

Matt

The new DD:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1984 Predator 4S-130

Okay, we are getting a few interested. I have visited with some folks via email and they should chime in shortly. What do you guys think about trying to get together somewhere on Saturday morning Novemeber 19th, which is the weekend before Thanksgiving?
    HAD

HAVE

No luck so far man so she is still in corpus my friend does work om her but its only when Jw has time which isn't much

Matt, I'm interested to see your murdered out 83 vert. I think I've decided to not dye the existing covers, but instead go with new TMI covers, but there are more choices that I'm thinking about. We better get our heater cores fixed, or it could be a cold ride in Nov!

Steve, Nov19 should be OK for me, but sooner is OK, too.

That sounds good to me ill be able to do that

I am definitely interested in getting together and meeting other Houston area guys interested in Fox Body Fords.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Count me in!

Erik, think we could get both cores replaced in one day if we worked together?
    1984 Predator 4S-130

Count me in.....although I will be driving the trusty honda for the next few months until I get it on the road again

Matt and Erik, sure wish I would of had the Shop Manuals from the previous original owner at the time I did my heater core when I was going through the car. I searched the web and only found information on the 87 up cars which are harder after looking at the manual. The top 10 items are for removal and the first part of #1 only states to remove the radiator cap and unscrew the drain cock to get the fluid out of the system. The bottom 8 items are for installing it back in place. There is another figure referenced but it is self explanitory where the bolts on the firewall are going to be.
    Last edited by bwguardian; 11-21-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    HAD

HAVE

Thanks for the info. I think I have a set of 84 shop manuals somewhere in my garage... I must find those...
    1984 Predator 4S-130

I believe there is enough interest to get something penciled in...I emailed several others and they may show up in here at a later time. I only suggested the Saturday morning idea because it gives folks the rest of the weekend for other possibilities...but I can see Sunday afternoon working also. So lets post up some interest for the weekends between Halloween and Thanksgiving which would be as follows:

Saturday the 5th @ 9:30am or Sunday the 6th @ 3:30pm
    Saturday the 12th @ 9:30am or Sunday the 13th @ 3:30pm
    Saturday the 19th @ 9:30am or Sunday the 20th @ 3:30pm

Right now we have people in the following locations which is typical being all over H-town.

(1) in Spring
    (1) in the Galleria area
    (1) in Missouri City
    (1) in the Freeport area
    (3) in the Clear Lake area

I think further input is needed for places to meet up. Suggestions for the Saturday morning place would be:

Starbucks coffee shop at the Almeda location (small parking lot)
    Starbucks coffee shop at the Bay Area Blvd location

Both of these are close to the I-45 corridor and easy to get to. Suggestions for the Sunday afternoon place would be:

Either Starbucks coffee shop location
    Sylvan Rodriguez park

The Sylvan Rodriguez park is also very easy to get to from the I-45 corridor being one traffic light east of the Gulf Freeway, just past Highway 3 on FM 2351. The reason I suggest this is because it might be a good place for us to have any future larger events given there are no playing fields and there is a covered pavillion that can be utilized very economically. It is a large park with a circular style parking lot.
    HAD

HAVE

The 19th or 20th is best for me, but I can work around any of those dates...

From the lonely land north of Houston...
    1984 Predator 4S-130

Thanks for the invite, but im back living in Florida

Wow!! this almost makes me want to move back to Houston. And, I was stationed in Fort Walton Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by mattster34 View Post
    Erik, think we could get both cores replaced in one day if we worked together?
    Probably. I bought a cheapo aluminum heater core, but after reading some other posts, think I may try and get an original, or better quality part ... I think these are brass. I only want to do this job once on the car!

Steve, any of those dates should be OK for me. I prefer Sat morning and at an earlier time (8am?) ... traffic will be a little lighter then and it is a better coffee time for me. But that's just my preference, I can probably attend at the times that you proposed. Sunday afternoons will be a little tighter, since I go to church at 6pm.

I think that the Starbucks on Hwy 3 at CLC Blvd has better parking than either Almeda or Bay Area.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast