Quote Originally Posted by Saturn V View Post
Probably. I bought a cheapo aluminum heater core, but after reading some other posts, think I may try and get an original, or better quality part ... I think these are brass. I only want to do this job once on the car!

Steve, any of those dates should be OK for me. I prefer Sat morning and at an earlier time (8am?) ... traffic will be a little lighter then and it is a better coffee time for me. But that's just my preference, I can probably attend at the times that you proposed. Sunday afternoons will be a little tighter, since I go to church at 6pm.

I think that the Starbucks on Hwy 3 at CLC Blvd has better parking than either Almeda or Bay Area.
I think the big issue with the heater cores is the soldering on the necks of the inlet and outlet tubes and how careful you are when installing the unit. If you install a restrictor and keep up the colling system I really don't see a benefit to brass versus aluminum. My F350 had a brass unit that I put an aluminum unit in years ago and it is still there...seems to produce a little hotter air to. If I remember, the one I put in the Stang a year ago was from O'Riley and an aluminum unit.

I know Bob was suggesting the Nov. 19th also and I set the 9:30 am to give the two guys from Spring and Freeport time to travel...so maybe 9:00 am will work. I placed the 3:30 pm Sunday time given morning church and lunch after that gives someone 1-1.5 hours in between. I would like to hear from a couple more but leaning towards the Nov. 19th.

I did not know there was a Starbucks at CLCB and Hwy 3. Given there are no traffic lights from I-45 like there would be on Bay Area it would indeed be a better solution. Is it in the fuel station on the corner or next to it? I even went on their website to find additional places that would be a central location for all involved and it did not pull up. I like that location also as it is very close to the Sylvan Rodriguez park I spoke about earlier so maybe we could look at that to while right there and talking shop.