Close

Default 91 2.3 dying at idle.

Getting a 91 2.3 vert and an 85 notch on Tuesday.the notch is a 351 project. The 2.3 will be my driver. It starts and idles then dies. If you take it out to drive it drives fine. I pulled back in after driving I put it in park and it started to stumble. So I rev to 3k and it quit stalling and idled out fine for a while. Then almost instantly stalled. I'm not familiar with 2.3 so my question is this. Could the mass air be bad or dirty causing it to load up when idling.causing a flooding situation. The iac has been replaced as well as tps I believe. It runs and drives great. Just has an idle prob. Has fuel pressure ss well. Pump is always pumping. Whatya guys think. I'm no pro at these 2.3 its also the 8 plug head. Thanks.
    306 forged internals, stock roller advanced 4 deg. Eddy performer ported out. Holley 600 1.7rr 10.5 king cobra clutch, srod 4 speed. 3.08 gears z code rear. Bbk shortys pypes x into dumped flows.gt40 non p heads

Also would like to add. When it idled it would drop low then it woul rev back up then it would start to idle low. Eventually dying. Strangely drives like a dream though. Anybody.somebody has to know somethin lol. I've heard some people unplugging the maf all together and it quit and also unhook the oxy.mhhhm
    306 forged internals, stock roller advanced 4 deg. Eddy performer ported out. Holley 600 1.7rr 10.5 king cobra clutch, srod 4 speed. 3.08 gears z code rear. Bbk shortys pypes x into dumped flows.gt40 non p heads

I would check the amperage draw on the fuel pump before coming to any conclusions. If the draw is less than I think 6.5 then the pump will have a hard time keeping up when warm.

But,,,,,,

I would check the MAF and the IAC motor and make sure they are clean as well and the pintel can move in the IAC.

i know you said it was replaced but i would double check the iac , otherwise sounds like a vac leak somewhere.