Close

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

What did you paint the floor with?

Quote Originally Posted by tonysilver82 View Post
    that thing is looking great keep up that great work
    Thanks Tony!
    Quote Originally Posted by hcmclean View Post
    What did you paint the floor with?
    After I replaced the floor pans, I had originally scuffed the e-coat and sprayed the light gray primer.

For the paint, I ended up mixing 3 left over cans of Rustoleum paint (blue, silver, black). I applied a nice heavy coat with a brush. It will probably take 2-3 days to fully dry.....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    also applied some seam sealer on the remaining joints on the floor.
    Inadvertently, you answered a question I was going to ask Joe. I wasn't sure which side of the car the seam sealer went on to seal the floor to the rockers. I had a feeling it was inside though. I need to do this to mine as while I was investigating the issues with my floor, I ran the light underneath the car and found numerous spots along this area that I could see light through. I swear it's no wonder the floor has rust issues with all of the places water can get in.

Thanks for answering my unasked question.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Worked on a bunch of small stuff this weekend. Mainly trying to get the floor ready for sound deadener later this week.

In addition, I installed the pass side window guide. Never did that before so here are a few photos showing the step by step install. First, the plastic trim needs to be attached (slid onto) the new felt:

Next the portion of the rubber that faces the dash needs to be trimmed by about a half inch, see original that I saved in the pic below:

Next is the fun (hardest) part, sliding the new molding down into the door and into the run channel. It's a biotch. I taped 2 paint sticks together to help push the new rubber into the run channel inside the door:

Last - I also installed the cap at the rear edge of the door:

Still need to do the drivers side, but that will have to wait until later this coming week....

Sorry the photos are rotated, I fixed them in photobucket, but they are showing up incorrectly in the thread.....
    Last edited by JTurbo; 01-29-2017 at 08:15 PM.
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Ok, working on a Win10 PC, so not sure how these pics are going to turn out (resizing with a new app)....
    Anyway, about a month ago, I was looking for some center caps for my mesh wheels, ran across a set on eBay. Only hitch is that they were from a seller in Thailand. For $25 for a set of 4 I figured I'd throw caution to the wind and order them. Well they came in today:

Good news is that they fit like a charm. I didn't snap them in the wheel, but looks like a direct match.

Good work Joe!

Thailand.....that's crazy!

Ok, working on a Win10 PC, so not sure how these pics are going to turn out (resizing with a new app)....
    Anyway, about a month ago, I was looking for some center caps for my mesh wheels, ran across a set on eBay. Only hitch is that they were from a seller in Thailand. For $25 for a set of 4 I figured I'd throw caution to the wind and order them. Well they came in today:

Good news is that they fit like a charm. I didn't snap them in the wheel, but looks like a direct match.

Glad to hear that Joe! Mine should be here today or tomorrow. I promise you they rode on the same slow boat, as we ordered them at the same time. LOL! Took a month but if they fit.....I'm happy with the $25 dollar chance.

We should see if someone here can repop these at a reasonable price so the next guy don't have to wait so long. God knows there are a lot of Enkei's running around with no centers. While not factory correct, these will look so much better than a huge gaping hole in the wheel.
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 01-31-2017 at 01:22 PM.
    Brock

Update on the center caps Joe. Got mine today and almost got excited. The fitment of the center caps are great BUT......they do not snap into the wheel firmly. Mine appear the snapping tabs are about 40-60 thousandths too short (eyeball measurement) from getting over the lip on the inside of the wheel. So dang close......
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 01-31-2017 at 05:38 PM.
    Brock

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    Update on the center caps Joe. Got mine today and almost got excited. The fitment of the center caps are great BUT......they do not snap into the wheel firmly. Mine appear the snapping tabs are about 40-60 thousandths too short (eyeball measurement) from getting over the lip on the inside of the wheel. So dang close......
    Hey Brock, I checked my caps and they fit very well and "snap" into place.
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Got my sound deadener today along with the roller....

The plan is to install it this weekend along with the carpet and more of the interior.....

I'm eager to see what you think of that sound deadener. I'm trying to decide if I need to blow all of the money on the bigger named products.

Hey Brock, I checked my caps and they fit very well and "snap" into place.
    Do the tabs on the back actually "snap" over the ridge in your wheel? Mine sit flush and tight in the wheel but it doesn't take a lot of force to pull them back off. looking at the back side of mine, the locking bumps do not extend past the throat into the open area. It might be a lot less than 50 thou than thought, but it still doesn't quite make it. Gonna have to get creative.

Name:  0131171622.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  162.2 KB
    Brock

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    I'm eager to see what you think of that sound deadener. I'm trying to decide if I need to blow all of the money on the bigger named products.
    Dave - I installed it this past weekend. Install went smooth except for the razor sharp foil backing. I ended up with a few good cuts. I won't know how the road noise for a while...

Do the tabs on the back actually "snap" over the ridge in your wheel? Mine sit flush and tight in the wheel but it doesn't take a lot of force to pull them back off. looking at the back side of mine, the locking bumps do not extend past the throat into the open area. It might be a lot less than 50 thou than thought, but it still doesn't quite make it. Gonna have to get creative.
    Brock - my center caps definitely "snap" into place. I don't have Enkie rims, I can determine what brand they are by looking at the back....
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

So here are the pics of the Eastwood sound deadener. Cut, peal, and stick. Bought their "roller" tool to ensure good adhesion. Probably could have found something local but their tool is well built.

Next up was the carpet, had to dig it out of the basement. It's been in there for years. This is actually a ford original from an 84. Fit was perfect as would be expected with OEM carpet. Then I put the seats back in.

A few other items. I ended up "rebuilding the heat/AC control. There were a bunch of problems / broken plastic. I used a combo of JB weld, and some 2-part plastic repair stuff. You can see the control installed in the pics above.

Also, got the headlight switch installed (no more uncontrollable on-off-on-off) with the head lights.

Last item is one of the T-top end caps. One of mine was broken. Applied some of that 2-part plastic repair stuff to re-attache the broken part. Even used some of the "stuff" to fill in a portion of the end cap that was missing. Left and right sides are pictured:

That brings this thread up to my current progress.....

FEP Supporter

Isn't it nice getting that carpet and seats back in? You can probably see the finish line now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Great work JT! I can't wait to be at that stage someday.

Your car is looking great. Let me know what you think of the Eastwood sound deadener. I got to do something like that too.

Looking good Joe! Getting close now!
    Brock

So here are the pics of the Eastwood sound deadener. Cut, peal, and stick. Bought their "roller" tool to ensure good adhesion. Probably could have found something local but their tool is well built.

82 is looking GOOD! How much X-mat did you use to cover the floors?

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Isn't it nice getting that carpet and seats back in? You can probably see the finish line now!
    Yes, glad to be doing this stuff instead of metal / body work!
    Great work JT! I can't wait to be at that stage someday.
    Thanks - at the rate you're going you'll be there soon.
    Your car is looking great. Let me know what you think of the Eastwood sound deadener. I got to do something like that too.
    Thanks. I'll keep you posted once the weather breaks.
    Looking good Joe! Getting close now!
    Thank you Brock. Yes, the parts pile in the basement keeps getting smaller and smaller.
    Quote Originally Posted by hcmclean View Post
    82 is looking GOOD! How much X-mat did you use to cover the floors?
    Thanks - I used almost the entire box. I need to finish a bit around the spare tire and that should be it.
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

So the weather finally gave me a break and warmed up to almost 50 here today. Got some more interior parts painted:

In between coats, I pulled out the rear seat and carpets out of the basement. Cleaned everything up and got it installed. Another project off the list....

Man Joe! it's looking really nice!

Man Joe! it's looking really nice!
    +1 Great job!

Looking good. I guess I've never paid attention because I don't remember ever seeing a 1 piece rear seat fold down.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast