Close

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

You do amazing work Joe
    ~Bryan

1985 Mustang GT w/ T-Tops, Original Paint, 160,XXX miles
    Mods: 600cfm Carb, Underdrive Pulleys, Subframe Connectors, 4pt G-Load Brace, MM Strut Tower brace, 8.8 rear w/ 3.55 gears & LCA's

Pics from production of "The Saleen Book"
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1027847075

http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select1271.htm

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio7d View Post
    Can't wait to see it finished.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by bkoons85gt View Post
    You do amazing work Joe
    I think I need to learn to do some sheet metal replacement like this! You make it look so easy. That primer looks super smooth after primer! You can't even see the transition lines at all.

Simply amazing metal work! Any updates??? Cant wait for finished pics.

Thanks guys, no updates really. It's been too cold in the garage since the 1st of the year. I've been working on some other smaller projects inside / down in the basement. But nothing really picture worthy....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

I just read through this thread... I'm speechless... had no idea this board drew this type of talent, guess I haven't spent enough time here in the past!

My forte has typically been weekend warrior mechanical and electrical work on these cars and never more than detailing when it comes to body work, but this thread is sure motivation to pick up a Fox that needs some resto work and have at it - learning along the way of course as I know very little about body work. Need to put my new Miller 211 MVP to work on some more challenging projects... Looking at purchasing a Hypertherm Powermax30XP or a 45 at some point as well.

Anyway, simply incredible work - hats off to you sir!
    Mark

1986 GT Hatchback (2R): 5spd, TFS FAC 170s, TFS Stage 2 Cam, Vortech SQ S-Trim, MM Suspension, SN95 5-lug conversion w/Fox 5-lug rear axles, 3.73's, 13" / 11.65" brakes, Moates QuarterHorse
    '88 LX 5.0
    '22 GT500

Thanks for the kind words. I'm a weekend warrior as well. Some stuff I do, I know from experience, others I'm just learning along the way.

I'm looking forward to some better weather so I can get cracking on this car again. But when it's in the 20's or below outside, I don't even feel like throwing on the heater in the garage to work. I have been pecking away at a few odds and ends in the basement. Not much progress, but progress nonetheless.

By the way, I'm not too far away from you either, we typically hit Costco in your home town ever week or so....
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. I'm a weekend warrior as well. Some stuff I do, I know from experience, others I'm just learning along the way.

I'm looking forward to some better weather so I can get cracking on this car again. But when it's in the 20's or below outside, I don't even feel like throwing on the heater in the garage to work. I have been pecking away at a few odds and ends in the basement. Not much progress, but progress nonetheless.

By the way, I'm not too far away from you either, we typically hit Costco in your home town ever week or so....
    I hear you about the 20 degree temps, I have heat in the garage (propane), but the cold still emanates from the concrete and it's just not comfortable even if the ambient air temp hits 65... Once outside temps gets above freezing, it makes all the difference in comfort and motivation! I typically do wood working projects (small stuff) in the dead cold of the winter as the basement is much more comfortable than the garage.

I'm originally from Western MA myself, born and raised in East Longmeadow... Moved to Enfield about 8 years ago. Enfield is nice for the convenience of shopping, can make 5 trips to Home Depot in a day and not kill more than an hour and a half between getting what is needed and travel time. But, in the next year or so, my better half and I are ready for a bigger house - she desperately needs a real closet, I need more garage space, and we'd both like a lot more land, so we'll see where we end up.

Looking forward to seeing more incredible pics of the '82 and seeing it in person sometime at a show/cruise/etc.

Do you ever go to the Mark's Auto Parts cruise nights?

Stay warm and think spring!
    Mark

1986 GT Hatchback (2R): 5spd, TFS FAC 170s, TFS Stage 2 Cam, Vortech SQ S-Trim, MM Suspension, SN95 5-lug conversion w/Fox 5-lug rear axles, 3.73's, 13" / 11.65" brakes, Moates QuarterHorse
    '88 LX 5.0
    '22 GT500

Quote Originally Posted by Quikk86 View Post
    I hear you about the 20 degree temps, I have heat in the garage (propane), but the cold still emanates from the concrete and it's just not comfortable even if the ambient air temp hits 65... Once outside temps gets above freezing, it makes all the difference in comfort and motivation! I typically do wood working projects (small stuff) in the dead cold of the winter as the basement is much more comfortable than the garage.

I'm originally from Western MA myself, born and raised in East Longmeadow... Moved to Enfield about 8 years ago. Enfield is nice for the convenience of shopping, can make 5 trips to Home Depot in a day and not kill more than an hour and a half between getting what is needed and travel time. But, in the next year or so, my better half and I are ready for a bigger house - she desperately needs a real closet, I need more garage space, and we'd both like a lot more land, so we'll see where we end up.

Looking forward to seeing more incredible pics of the '82 and seeing it in person sometime at a show/cruise/etc.

Do you ever go to the Mark's Auto Parts cruise nights?

Stay warm and think spring!
    Thinking spring isn't working.... Yes, been to Marks show several times:
    Here is a link to some pictures from Mustang Night 2014: http://s153.photobucket.com/user/jtu...?sort=9&page=1
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Ok, I'm still working on it, bits and pieces in the basement to beat the wonderful "global warming" winter we're having.....
    Anyway, here is the mess of a lower air dam, sanded down:

Work on the cracks, need to v-notch the bad areas:

Tool of choice:

Cleaning up the back side in prep for the flexible repair epoxy:

1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Applying the flexible bonding epoxy stuff is a multi-night process for me. Last night I did the back of the passenger side:

Tonight I did the front of the passenger side:

And I also did the back of the drivers side:

Note that the back side has mesh screen to add strength.
    Tomorrow night I'll apply more "stuff" to the front driver's side and hopefully get it smoothed out over the weekend....
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Looks like the flexible bonding epoxy materials will do the trick. Is it supposed to have some pliability to it even after it dries, similar to the air dam material?
    Mark

'88 LX 5.0
    '22 GT500

Quote Originally Posted by Quikk86 View Post
    Looks like the flexible bonding epoxy materials will do the trick. Is it supposed to have some pliability to it even after it dries, similar to the air dam material?
    Yup, it dries with flexibility but also allows easy sanding. It's a good product. I already sanded the pass side and applied a 2nd coat. More pics to follow.....
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

Good job!
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

Thanks - the lower front air dam is pretty much done except for a final sand down with 220 before a light coat of primer. Here's the pass side after a 2nd coat of filler:

Sanded down:

Drivers side during:

after:

The whole enchilada:
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Not bad considering what I started with:

1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Hmmmm... I have two lowers and Mustang uppers tucked away, which all need some of that repair.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

What product did you use to fix that piece. I have a bumper cover to do
    1985 Mustang GT 5speed LRB with Ford Racing M-6007-X302, Performer RPM, Holley 670 Avenger carb, BBK headers with H-pipe, B&M short throw
    1986 Mustang GT (parts car)
    1986 LX Coupe 4cyl, 4speed, LRB

The repair was made with the box in the middle of this photo (Dynatron flexible bumper repair kit):

The repair was made with the box in the middle of this photo (Dynatron flexible bumper repair kit):
    Thanks for the valuable info on this repair, I now know what to use when I tackle the minor repairs on my bumper cover.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Do you have a favorite paint/body supplier that you use and would recommend in our area?
    Mark

'88 LX 5.0
    '22 GT500

Awesome thanks
    1985 Mustang GT 5speed LRB with Ford Racing M-6007-X302, Performer RPM, Holley 670 Avenger carb, BBK headers with H-pipe, B&M short throw
    1986 Mustang GT (parts car)
    1986 LX Coupe 4cyl, 4speed, LRB

More sanding, another item checked off the to-do list....
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Been working on the front end. Started with loosely mounting the lower air dam:

Then realized I had to fix the broken studs on the inside of the upper bumper cover. Cut the old ones out and used some JB weld to hold these stainless 1/4-20 bolts in the brackets:

Ready to go:

Then removed the lower extensions and put it all together:

First time this has been on the car since I tore it apart many moons ago.....
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

looks very good keep up the great work love the red gt's

1 step forward, 2 steps back. Been busy for the last few weeks so I hadn't had a chance to touch the 82. Last thing I did was apply some 2-part final putty. Long story short - it never fully cured (see green stuff on the photo below). So tonight I used a wire wheel to remove it and start fresh....

After wire wheel:

After some rough sanding to clean off the rest of the green putty, I applied a fresh coat of filler over the area:

BTW - the tube of green stuff went in the garbage. It was pretty old, I suspect that's why it gave me problems....
    Last edited by JTurbo; 04-28-2015 at 08:05 AM.
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast