Close

Arrow Predator values???

OK can someone tell me the values / costs to aquire for a predator. I am trying to decide fair market price for these cars. I would like to acquire one. I know that a car is worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it. But again I am trying to understand the market for these cars.

thanks
    Bill

Good condition in this economy is $12,000-$14,000 and rust bucket needing total restoration is $1,500-$2,500...so, nice car should be in the $8,000-$10,000 range. It will also depend on the way the car is optioned.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Quote Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
    Good condition in this economy is $12,000-$14,000 and rust bucket needing total restoration is $1,500-$2,500...so, nice car should be in the $8,000-$10,000 range. It will also depend on the way the car is optioned.
    I would say this is right on the money, for the most part. Understand though that these cars varied greatly in the amount of upgrades they had, and little changes can mean big changes in price. Rarer colors, rarer wheels, T-Tops, H models, R models, different gears, etc etc. But on a general level, the above ranges are fairly accurate (or as accurate as anyone can be on such a limited car).
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

Chris ,

what is a rare color combination for these cars? also how often do they come up for sale?
    tx
    Bill
    1984 Mustang Predator
    1984 SVO 2A Canyon Red
    1986 SVO 7B Shadow Blue

A rare color combo is probably anything other than Red, White or Black. They won't always bring more money, but the copper car is a rare one. Doesn't necessarily mean more valuable to everyone, but in the grand scheme of things I think it makes the car more desirable.

Predators do not come up for sale often, we see maybe 2-3 for sale a year. Some years are better than others, but that's pretty typical. And unlike Saleens, the cars are usually hammered. They were kind of a split between an ASC or Saleen and a Dominator. More show than a Dominator, not as much as an ASC or Saleen though... and more go than the later two, but not necessarily a pure performance upgrade like the Doms. With the 4 pt roll bar, the hood pins, scoop... the second owner of the car usually purchased it because it was well on it's way to being a 1/4 miler. Which usually meant the car ended up in a ditch in the hands of a 16 year old. Finding nice Predators is tough work.

I can tell you that most Predators trade hands privately, and do so at well above market value. Similar to Hemi cars, Shelbys, Boss', etc.
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black

chris .

next question do you know of anu that are available for sale?
    1984 Mustang Predator
    1984 SVO 2A Canyon Red
    1986 SVO 7B Shadow Blue

What condition car are you looking for? Orlando is really the best person to ask, he has the information on everything.
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black

I would like to find the best car I can. I have restored cars before and learned that long time ago. That being said I would restore the right car. When you are looking at a very limited supply you have to be flexible
    1984 Mustang Predator
    1984 SVO 2A Canyon Red
    1986 SVO 7B Shadow Blue

I stumbled across mine in a junkyard, and brought it home for $400
    no engine, no hood, no wheels, and no trans.
    one last deal to make.

This was just posted by another member in another section. Looks to have all of the right parts. Can't see the ID tag from the pics.

http://rmn.craigslist.org/cto/2969865014.html

WOW PRICE DROP AGAIN. SUCH A COOL CAR.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.