Close

View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
7098. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I love the Snypers!

7,051 99.34%
  • No, I liked the TSW's you had before

14 0.20%
  • I would keep the Snypers over the TSW's but opt for a 5 lug swap to do something different later

28 0.39%
  • I would put the TSW's back on then opt for a 5 lug swap to do something different later

5 0.07%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Snypers! I like the photo location as it matches the theme of this thread! Lot's of thought went into this...

It is appreciated by all - BUT hey - we deserve it - it's about time this damn car is out and about!

Seriously though Jeff the car looks sick! Can't wait to see it at the 2012 LI BBQ!

FEP Senior Member

mmm, ccw's...big money, but a beautiful wheel!!

I love the Snipers but like others have said, the 4 lug/5 spoke layout really bugs me. It throws off the whole look of the wheel.
    Kelly
    84 L hatch was 3.8/C5 now 5.0/T5,soon to have 8.8/3.73
    Having fun, flappy roof and all...

I like these a lot better than the TSW's. And I actually liked those too. But these just look so much tougher. In fact if I had a set of these I might just invest in the 12" 4 lug brake setup for the front and go to T/C discs in the rear with the north racecars brackets. Of course SN95 spindles with cobra brakes up front with a different wheel would look good too.
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Thanks for the updated poll. I voted, but it appears I am in the minority.

Either way, the car looks killer! Enjoy the heck out of it before winter hits!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

The Snypers look great! The old wheels were a great idea too, just not executed correctly IMO. I'm partial to the simple five spoke look though and could give a dang about four lugs.

My own car has a similar wheel pattern with four lugs and I love it and don't plan to change it anytime soon either. Besides, these days staying with four lugs is "dare to be different" anyway, lol! I say drive the heck out of it, nobody notices how many wheel studs you have when you're rolling anyway...
    1979 Base Model Coupe- 351w, C4, 3.73s, the fun machine- Now getting a lot more well deserved mileage put on her!
    2007 Forest River Sunseeker 2200 Class C motorhome on an E-450 chassis. Oh yeah!
    2013 Subaru Crosstrek XV Premium- Marine Blue w/ 5-speed, awesome little car.

Jeff,
    I have always liked the TSW's on your car and voted such. The only negative about them is the width....but you already knew that.
    T
    Black, 85 GT, T-top, 5sp, ......SOLD WAH!!!
    68 F100, 4x4, 390, 4 sp.
    68 Bronco, Roller 302, injected, auto, being modded!
    2010 Raptor, SCAB, 6.2.......
    2012 Focus, little motor.

redlordamazon

Jeff just don't put those CHEESY fake rotors on what ever you do. Not that I think you would go the cheesy route.

I voted option number 3.

I think the Snypers look great. Much tougher look to the car than the TSW's.
    Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

I like the snypers over the tsw's. But I think it needs to be dropped about an inch.
    79 Capri RS
    341 rwhp,348 rwtq 11.20@127

1939 Pontiac Deluxe 6. 73,xxx original miles. Barn find. Currently the secomd owner.

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

The Snypers look great on you Capri Jeff. I dig them.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Snypers for me , Jeff your capri looks awesome!
    1993 Mustang GT ,393w TKO600 .

2015 Ford F150 FX4 3.5L Ecoboost.

I absolutely -LOVE- the look of the Snypers over the TSW's.

You now own my favorite looking Capri of all time. I had seen one with the same white/grey paint scheme rolling on white Cobra R's here in CA I think and I loved that but this looks even better.

If you're concerned about upgrading the braking potential I'd run the Baer 4 lug kit just to keep those wheels! Finding a set as nice as that in 5 lug has got to be nearly impossible.

LOVE IT!
    Last edited by AT6svo; 08-31-2011 at 06:57 PM.
    -Mike Malone
    69 Mach1, 81 LX, 83 GT Turbo, 85.5 SVO 9L, 86 SVO 2A, 86 GT, 90 LX 5.0 - and a badass 84 LTD Wagon

Neither here nor there

Thanks you guys for all your replies and input!
    After looking at the pictures more and more then seeing her in the garage again today, the Snypers win.

The TSW's go up for sale
    Like I had said before, if I could have gotten the rears staggered, with a little more lip, wider, and a better offset, I probably wouldn't have changed them...but these are the things that just bug me every time I look at them on the car.

I have wheel A.D.D. so I am sure this one be the last time you see me posting about wheels but I think I am good for another year or more now.

Quote Originally Posted by redlordamazon View Post
    Jeff just don't put those CHEESY fake rotors on what ever you do. Not that I think you would go the cheesy route.
    Everything is just painted black to draw less attention for now, if I stay 4 lug I will look into a better braking set up I am sure. Those spoke are sure wide apart and you see lots inside LOL

Quote Originally Posted by varn82 View Post
    I like the snypers over the tsw's. But I think it needs to be dropped about an inch.
    Thanks Chris, I am already on a 1" drop coil set and I cut a ¼ coil off the fronts too. Not sure HOW low I want to go with springs, the car rides like **** now LOL but what I think I will need to do is excatly what Joe (mustangjoe) noticed, the front tires side wall needs to come up.

The last owner bought 40 series tires for the front and back, and should have done 45 up front to even off the side wall height. BUT if I do go to a 45 series the side wall will actually be greater by .3" so that might be why he opt'd for 40's front/rear

Quote Originally Posted by AT6svo View Post
    I absolutely -LOVE- the look of the Snypers over the TSW's.

You now own my favorite looking Capri of all time. I had seen one with the same white/grey paint scheme rolling on white Cobra R's here in CA I think and I loved that but this looks even better.

If you're concerned about upgrading the braking potential I'd run the Baer 4 lug kit just to keep those wheels! Finding a set as nice as that in 5 lug has got to be nearly impossible.

LOVE IT!
    Thanks Mike, I appreciate it a lot! I will look into that braking kit as well!
    Last edited by Capriman86; 08-31-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Wow ---- your car continues to look better and better ---- if that's even possible.

When I see the Snypers, it's obvious to me that they were never an original wheel on the car ---- though that's not a negative thing. They look great ---- though in a very modern way.

The TSWs have -- IMO -- a very correct look about them.

So ---- for me ---- I like both ---- though maybe I'd vote for the Snypers.

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    Boy the camera does add 10lbs, look at my ass, it's huge.
    Yeah -- but that's not always a bad thing -- jeans fit better on bubble butts.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ---- you meant the car ------------- nevermind.

Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by dburdyshaw View Post
    When I see the Snypers, it's obvious to me that they were never an original wheel on the car ---- though that's not a negative thing. They look great ---- though in a very modern way.
    Thanks Danny!

I will tell you this, there will NEVER be an original wheel on this Capri so long as I own it. No no no....lol

Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by redlordamazon View Post
    I just realized I fell in to this, and now looking back I know where you are going with this. I have noticed it on other threads as well.

You really need to give it a rest and let it go, we both know what I am talking about, that is middle school crap and you need to just let it go. I don't mind your replies it they are for the the right reason, but don't instigate please.

Thanks

am i bad because i didn't dig ether wheel?????
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    was in 3rd gear, right foot to the floor and Cones where flying!

1)who cares if you don't like my functional illiterate

2)if i write like a 2nd grader, isn't that still better than texting?

3)yes ,i'm a French-fry short of a happy meal.

4)Statistically speaking, six out of seven dwarfs aren't Happy

The snypers make your car look very mean and aggressive. The other ones look more classy. IMO. What look are you going for? The car looks great.
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by rancheronut View Post
    am i bad because i didn't dig ether wheel?????
    Is it because all 4 match? j/k with ya

No, it doesn't make you bad. Everyone has their own taste and I can respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by bull-vette View Post
    The snypers make your car look very mean and aggressive. The other ones look more classy. IMO. What look are you going for? The car looks great.
    I am done with "classy" if that helps
    Last edited by Capriman86; 08-31-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Snypers all the way. I like the staggered look and I would stay 4 lug.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

Quote Originally Posted by mustang4life1985 View Post
    Snypers all the way. I like the staggered look and I would stay 4 lug.
    Totally agree Paul!! We have similar taste.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

My opinion is I already see too many cars with the snypers style.. So I would of stuck with the originals. More unique at least to me...
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Snypers! Love your capri its mint!
    Oxford White 86GT : Stock Block 302 331 Cid Stroker 9.5:1 with Eagle rotating assembly, V3 S trim @ 8.5 lbs, Eddy Rpm's, Eddy RPM 2 Intake, Comp 1.6 rr's, Comp XE274HR, 90mm Lightning Maf, 70mm TB, 42lb Injectors, TKO 500, Spec Stage 3 Clutch 3.55 gears, 5 Lug conversion with Cobra 13" Front brakes, 17x9 Bullet Wheels, full exhaust, SCT 4 Bank Chip. 511 rwhp 527ft lbs

13.159 @ 107.52MPH 2.125 60 ft on street rubber Old time on motor, new times comming soon

'85 Mercury Capri RS 5spd - Bone stock
    '82GT T-Top sold June 11th `2001

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast