Close

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Im loving all the svo pics. Everybodys still looks really good for being 27 years old. Im debating doing the intake manifold swap tomorrow from a merkur so I have the square intake but I don't wanna drill and tap the head haha.

Here's mine.I recomend to kept it somewhat stock and have fun with the car.

Tim

Now that is awesome!

heres mine, engine will be changing here soon as i have the forced4 cai, and a stinger FMIC soon to go in

The plate is a heat shield for the EGR sensor behind the passenger side shock tower. If you're really lucky your 84 might also have a plastic shield that goes on the lower intake to insulate it from the distributor.
    Ausie, Aussie, Aussie
    Oi, Oi, Oi

84 1C SVO "Blackie the Wonderbeater" (DECEASED!!!!)
    84 9L SVO T-TOP (under restoration)
    84 1C SVO T-TOP (Deceased)
    86 2R SVO (roller, future pro-tourer)

Hmm I will have to look. Thank you chalky.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicBlueSVO View Post
    I basically just want to see all your under the hood setups so I can appreciate and get some ideas of what I want eventually. A little description of your mods would be great too. Thanks guys.

Here my 86. Only mod so far is weight reduction.
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...83-Tbird-build

Weight reduction is one of the best mods going,and it never breaks!

Tim

On those plates... I think I found one in the back seat area of my RS turbo Capri. Can someone take a close up pic of theirs so I can see how it mounts? Was wondering where this plate came from, glad I didn't toss it or chop it up.
    1984 Capri RS Turbo. Xspower header, stinger down pipe, precision 5431E billet t3/t4 turbo, procharger FMIC, eibach springs, dual walbro 255 pumps, 35 lb injectors, big vam, and lb3.

Some pictures of my old 1986 9L. All stock, before and after. Ran like brand new off the showroom.

Nice motor 86svo - I agree - somewhat stock has it's benefits! I got 380 RWHP and 466 RWTQ out of my 86 1E - at 4000 RPM's - and could have tuned for more....

Once you start building yourself out of reliability, it becomes a chore. Watch it!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    2007 SL55 - Capri Blue - Leather, 487/560 WHP/WTQ at 13.5PSI

What work did you have done to achieve 380rwhp?

My girl is dirty. Very, very dirty.

Desi has a little metal plate protecting all the wires in the top left corner of the pic and im wondering if these are rare? I haven't seen anybody elses have that and mine has it as well.
    I've got mine, rust and all.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkysexplorer View Post
    The plate is a heat shield for the EGR sensor behind the passenger side shock tower. If you're really lucky your 84 might also have a plastic shield that goes on the lower intake to insulate it from the distributor.
    I'll have to check for that too.
    2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport
    1984 Mustang convertible

That right there /\ looks EXACTLY like mine did before I ripped everything off and powder coated it all. Let me say, what a difference. As soon as my k & n filter comes in, I will take pics of mine.

84 CAPRI RS FOR SALE
    i'm a car junkie - i love junkie cars

I love the color of your svo rich. It looks really nice!

Here is a pic of my SVO engine compartment , back when i still had the car together.
    she needs a paint job and some cosmetic work . also i have gone to a different header,intercooler and intake set up. oh and a bigger turbo as well. man i miss driving the car.

Here is the engine in the 86 4E that I just bought from Chris / 85vert's Widow. I know it has the Essy head, the Bob's Log header, HY35 turbo ( pretty sure ) and obviously a bunch of other stuff. It is a complete and running car so everything works. All of my stuff has always been original / concours so I'm jumping in the deep end with a finished car. I know about 99.5% of what is going on except for some of the computer related stuff.

Some guys may look down on me for not having done all this work myself. Given my present family situation it would have taken me many, many years to build it. So I saved a bunch of time, and money, and bought it as is. I'll most likely go back and fix up some things but plan on leaving it the way Chris wanted to build it.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Then here is my all original 86 Comp Prep with 10,2xx miles for a comparison.

A factory marking. I wonder what it could mean? ( just another "jackass" comment for a certain person in this thread HAHA )

86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

FEP Member

Hay Ken

Knowing that car has 10K miles I don't discount that mark on the radiator as not being from the line ! Usually we look for similar marks and when you don't see them then you question.

IF it is a Markal marker it leans to a line worker or "body shop" tracking - if it is a Markal paint stick that would likely be junkyard tracking.

The beauty of car collecting/preservation is YOU can figure this out ! Again knowing the car is low miles you can confirm IF the rad was out of car. Same with if the bumper cover was off. You did a great job on the back of the car uncovering the history - have you looked into the front?

I'm leaning toward a "line marking" but since we don't see that with other cars am as perplexed as you. Sure would help assembler NOT to put an automatic rad in a 5 speed car !

Mark

Mark, looks like a grease pencil or crayon to me.
    Ausie, Aussie, Aussie
    Oi, Oi, Oi

84 1C SVO "Blackie the Wonderbeater" (DECEASED!!!!)
    84 9L SVO T-TOP (under restoration)
    84 1C SVO T-TOP (Deceased)
    86 2R SVO (roller, future pro-tourer)

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by chalkysexplorer View Post
    Mark, looks like a grease pencil or crayon to me.

Yeah that is why I didn't discount it as being a line workers mark ! Car having 10K miles has a lot to do with "still" being there.

Do you have any photo files with such marks?

Mark

I can't speak to other Foxes but I have seen a few markings that are only on single SVOs. This doesn't mean they aren't on other SVOs but just that I haven't seen them. Here are some ink stampings on my old Barrett-J car that I've never seen on any other SVO.

There is also either a very tall "Z" or maybe a very short "N" stamped under the hatch on my original 85.5 2R. I've never seen it anywhere else. I'll give the SVO marking a real close look this Saturday. I'm pretty sure the Ford engineering number should be right there on top. I'll check it against the SVO parts list.

At my old job I used to do random in process components materials checks to confirm, correct, or adjust for inventory discrepancies. Items were tagged or marked during production to indicate where the change or adjustment took place.
    Last edited by Ken P; 11-17-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

That right there /\ looks EXACTLY like mine did before I ripped everything off and powder coated it all. Let me say, what a difference. As soon as my k & n filter comes in, I will take pics of mine.
    I'm looking to get all my stuff powder coated. Any details on what you had done? (color, finish, whatever) I'm not super familiar with pc.
    2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport
    1984 Mustang convertible

Of course I can tell you what was done. My uncle has his own powder coating business. Its a small booth in his garage but he does amazing work and gets quite a bit of business so I have learned a decent amount. Basically I took everything off I could under the hood that was rusty so the valve cover, intercooler, air box, radiator mounts, battery holddown, that little heat shield everyone is talking about and a few more small parts. The valve cover and intercooler was done in "wrinkle black" which is how they were factory. Basically you heat it until the powder coat starts to wrinkle and gives it that textured look then we sanded off all the parts that were originally just bare metal (the top part of the valve cover that says ford fuel injection turbo) all the intercooler mounts were done in gloss black to give it that little pop. The air box was done in gloss black, the radiator mounts were done in "textured black" which look amazing. I will post pics as soon as it is done pouring out.

FEP Senior Member

The "cubbard is bare" I just bought this SVO, no engine or transmission. I will be going back stock to be finished by next spring (I hope).
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Mark
    86 SVO,(9L)
    94 Cobra
    70 Boss 302 (OFO2G121150)
    54 Ford Victoria

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast