Close

Default Please post your Twister II pics

I've always been a fan of these Twister IIs. First saw it in Mustang Monthly way back when first introduced. There's so few of these cars out there. How about a picture posting thread. I'd love to see a picture of the silver and/or medium canyon red 1 of 1 cars or how about a white convertible if that exists.
    Rich

Suposedly there was a total of six white convertibles produced, but I have yet to verify that.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Suposedly there was a total of six white convertibles produced, but I have yet to verify that.
    And one of those got turned into a Predator!!!

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=115538
    1984 Predator 4S-130
    1984 Predator Cobra 4S-149

Had (in order): 83GL 3.8L notch, 86 3.8L hatch, 83 3.8L vert, 90GT hatch, 86GT hatch, 83GLX 3.8L Vert

Thanks for the info FoxChassis!
    Wow, that's more than I thought. I guess that only leaves 7 or 8 oxford white hatchbacks. either way they're both scarce. I've only seen one white hatchback (photo) with t-tops and mudflaps all stock.

These are the numbers I have, again not verified...

1E hatchback - 1
    2A hatchback - 1
    2R convertible - 8
    2R hatchback - 66
    9L convertible - 6
    9L hatchback - 8

These are the numbers I have, again not verified...

1E hatchback - 1
    2A hatchback - 1
    2R convertible - 8
    2R hatchback - 66
    9L convertible - 6
    9L hatchback - 8
    It looks like the red convertibles are just as rare as the white ones. I'd say the two red convertibles side by side in the previous post (white top and black top) are not something anyone would see very often if ever.

One of the 2R convertibles I have just discovered to be Predator GT302R!

One of the 2R convertibles I have just discovered to be Predator GT302R!
    and then there were two....

Here's the picture of the white hatch, t-top from several years ago.

I have been searching for pictures of the Silver and the Dark Canyon red cars for several years. No luck. I have finally found someone who actually saw the Silver one in person. So it did exist. I do believe both of the odd color cars were ordered by the same dealership.
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Pictures of Mustang Club of KC show where I saw this Twister II:
    http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...ow%2006-25-11/
    Steve
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfannoz View Post
    I have been searching for pictures of the Silver and the Dark Canyon red cars for several years. No luck. I have finally found someone who actually saw the Silver one in person. So it did exist. I do believe both of the odd color cars were ordered by the same dealership.
    The 1E hatchback was ordered by dealer 53B012 with 4V and T-5, 2.73, and a sunroof.

The 2A hatchback was ordered by dealer 53B415 with 4V and T-5, and 2.73.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 08-23-2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: wrong dealer number

Thanks for clarifying that. I don't recall what it was that made me think they were ordered by the same dealer.

The 1E hatchback was ordered by dealer 53B012 with 4V and T-5, 2.73, and a sunroof.

The 2A hatchback was ordered by dealer 53B414 with 4V and T-5, and 2.73.
    Steve
    Previously owned:

Does anyone know of any stock photo's of white twister II convetibles that exist? I have been searching the internet and can find only pics of red twister II verts. I know there were 6 made. 3 carb and 3cfi. From the info that has been found 8 twisters were turned into predators. 1 Red vert, 1 hatch, and then the 6 white cars. I would love to find a pic of white twister II vert before being converted. Please let me know if you can find one. I would like to print a picture to put with my predator/t2 to show how it started life.
    Last edited by Kerry; 09-07-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

I'm still looking for a picture of a White Twister convertible too!

I've looked on Google, Bing, Lycos, and Yahoo with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by richstang View Post
    I'm still looking for a picture of a White Twister convertible too!

I've looked on Google, Bing, Lycos, and Yahoo with no luck.
    yep, seems to be nearly impossible to find. I would think there had to be some sort of Ford "stock" photo out there from 85 that would have been distributed thru the midwest or some dealer lot pics or something.
    Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.