Close

Default Capri & subwoofers

Has anyone ever put a pair of 10" woofers n a box in a bubble hatched capri?

yep...?

cale

Was hiding thrm an issue or finding a place for them? Also how did u position them?
    -matt

I have a 12" JL sub in the back of my Capri and have it hidden pretty well.

Stereo sounds great too!

Who needs a spare tire anyway LOL

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

Nice clean install!

I have a single 12 in a large bandpass box in the hatch of my Capri. I use a large piece of fabric to cover everything in the hatch. Very lightweight, easy to get air through, but unable to see through it. When I get the windows tinted, eventually, I'll probably get rid of that.

As far as putting a stereo system into the Capri hatch, it's about the same as putting a stereo system into a Mustang hatch, aside from the fact that you have more room when you close the hatch.

I had my sub in the spare tire well. I found it I fired it down the fuel tank would rattle badly. Firing up turned out to work better. No more rattle and the base response was great.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

it's a big box and i pretty much have no space in my hatch area. the thing used to slam around pretty badly back there if i was on the brakes or the gas.

i used a thick piece of particle board and cut it to size to fit under the carpet. i found some kind of corner brackets at the hardware store and screwed them through the carpet into the particle board. the box stays put now. wiring is all routed under the carpet.

the capri's bubble hatch makes a small system seem a lot more powerful than it really is. i had it out of the car for a long time because it's pretty heavy, but i put it back in. the sound quality is so much better with it.

cale