Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    .............An inquiry of production numbers by paint color for all three years of SVO is a very good possibility.............
    I would be very interested in color breakdown on SVOs.
    Perhaps it would be a little less complicated than other foureyes since there were limited options on the SVOs.
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

Regarding the FIRST Fox Mustang VIN, remember that there were TWO assembly plants in 1979...Dearborn and San Jose. So there were TWO Mustang VINs ending in 100001, and TWO ending with 100002, etc., etc. Same for Pace cars...480001 x2, 480002 x2, etc., etc. And the same for Capris...600001 x2, 600002 x2, etc., etc.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Power Member

When you order a Ford Certificate of Authenticity you get a breakdown of colors and options for that year. Good stuff for $40

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ht=certificate

Here is the color information on the svo's.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...at-Ford-Racing
    Last edited by KCoker; 07-31-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    Kendal

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

understood Mick, I meant the first and last ones built by date. thanks....

Marti could probably tell us when the first and last build day was, and probably how many were built on those days, but they cannot give us the VINs. They might be able to tell us the model/trim level of the first and last built, but definitely not the actual VINs.

Which '79 was the first "built" (not assigned) and where and how was this documented?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Blog Entries

Just a thought, which I could be wrong on- Can any of this work be built up on? As in, we find out how many were sold at each DSO TOTAL for each year, then on the next round, use that research to narrow down how many of each MODEL went to each DSO, and so on. Or are none of these searches able to be done a part at a time like that?
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Cost would be the same.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Wasn't the very first fox picked up by a collector or stored in the ford museum in Detroit. I thought I remember reading an article in one of the car magazines about this exact car. Maybe in the NPD collection. If not, I stand corrected, I thought the first was clearly documented already. Kevin should be able to find the last mustang built in 1986 and give us the body, trim, and engine of that car.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Marti could probably tell us when the first and last build day was, and probably how many were built on those days, but they cannot give us the VINs. They might be able to tell us the model/trim level of the first and last built, but definitely not the actual VINs.

Which '79 was the first "built" (not assigned) and where and how was this documented?
    Last edited by vascj; 07-31-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbcstang View Post
    i'd like to see DSO info.
    Like this?

Last edited by gr79; 07-31-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vascj View Post
    Wasn't the very first fox picked up by a collector or stored in the ford museum in Detroit. I thought I remember reading an article in one of the car magazines about this exact car. Maybe in the NPD collection. If not, I stand corrected, I thought the first was clearly documented already. Kevin should be able to find the last mustang built in 1986 and give us the body, trim, and engine of that car.
    9F04W100001

That was the first Fox Mustang VIN assigned at Dearborn - there was also 9R___100001 at San Jose - but not the first Fox Mustang built at Dearborn.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Looking at the 1979 scan that gr79 posted, I'm counting about 70 DSOs. That's almost six dozen combined. So my estimates were quite low. Total number of DSOs each year varied but I'll use that number to illustrate the prohibitive cost of doing research by a wide array such as DSO...

If we request Capri DSO production by year that would be 20 DSO codes x 8 model years x (2 or 1 body codes, depending on year) x $ __ per hour x as many hours/days/weeks as it takes to get the research done.

If we request Mustang DSO production by year that would be 50 DSO codes x 8 model years x (4 or 3 body codes, depending on year) x $ __ per hour x as many hours/days/weeks as it takes to get the research done.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Quote Originally Posted by KCoker View Post
    When you order a Ford Certificate of Authenticity you get a breakdown of colors and options for that year. Good stuff for $40

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ht=certificate

Here is the color information on the svo's.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...at-Ford-Racing
    Kendal,
    I looked at the attachment (Ford Performance Group Chart), that you put on your 4/15/12 post referred to above.
    I have questions about cars with the California Emissions System that I hope someone can answer:
    1. What differences were there on these cars that is identifiable?
    2. Were all 84 SVOs sold for the California Market so equipped?

My 84 was originally shipped to a Costa Mesa California Dealer.
    According to this chart, there were only 303 1C cars with the Ca. Emissions System and only 478 (1 in about 3) Black 84s with the leather seat option. My old mind tells me that if my car has the Ca. Emissions System, with its leather seats it may be about a 1 of 100.
    Ron
    Last edited by BLK BRD 88; 08-01-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

FEP Power Member

I guess that would be correct. I don't know what California Emissions were different from other states but I am sure there was something.
    Kendal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123