Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

See Mike's (negusm) 'site for the standard and optional engines (not including sold in Canada):

Standard: http://ascmclarencoupe.com/Literatur...Book%20010.jpg

Optional: http://ascmclarencoupe.com/Literatur...Book%20011.jpg
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

ok, that's what I had in mind. I'd still love to find a fully stacked GLX 5.0/5speed t-top coupe or hatchback. I've never seen one, but according to the records, they were available.

Blainer owns an GLX 5.0/5-speed t-top coupe, that has a whole bunch of options.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Awesome car.

here are pictures of the 85 t top coupe i was talking about. guy bought from original owner.....says he bought it for investment purposes ? ...... and well in about 2 months it went from being all original to having a 306 motor installed followed by a 5 speed conversion and an 8.8 rear.

i would of left the car all original even though it was a 5.0 cfi auto. . . . it looked so much better the way he got it....

here it is all original before he started messing with it

and in its present form

1984 California Highway Patrol unit # 2940
    1984 GT350
    1986 GT 2R all original
    1986 LX 5.0 8Y notch

body stayed the same but whole drivetrain got swapped.
    how much do you think he can sell it for? and how much do you think he will make since it was bought for "investment purposes" LOL
    1984 GT350
    1986 GT 2R all original
    1986 LX 5.0 8Y notch

I like it modified.

BIG Improvement!
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Get any pictures of the buck tags by chance? Or door tag?
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

i did not. first time i saw it it was raining and the second time i saw it the guy was not around the car
    1984 GT350
    1986 GT 2R all original
    1986 LX 5.0 8Y notch

Saw this on 5.0 Mustang Superfords Web Site the other day on KJ's Blog
    1981 T Top Coupe Sold
    1981 Coupe Pastel Chamois
    1987 LX Coupe 1 of 47 Sand Beige
    1965 F100 Crown Vic swapped 5.0 5 speed

FEP Senior Member

Fixing the core support was a big improvement.

Looks like a nice car either way. Investment? Probably more of a fun toy.
    85 Saleen Mustang(s)

FEP Power Member

If found this the other night. I have been looking for several years. It is a Cars and Concepts brochure with at t-top svo on it. The caption below the pic is as follows.

These are models not finished on the assembly line, but sent to Cars and Concepts for installation of equipment. Landau roofs, T-Tops, and in this case - the Mustang convertible.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Kendal

Shouldn't this thread be a "sticky"?
    1986 Black GT with T-tops

I like the front spoiler on that red convertible. I really like that Daytona at the bottom.
    2005 Mustang GT- 13.62 @102 All Stock- RIP 8-29-05 9:17 AM
    2003 Redfire Terminator
    1985 Mustang GT T-Top- Almost Done

FEP Member

Yes, I wrote a blog about that red T-top coupe that was parked at Long Beach High-Performance Swap Meet.

Interesting info. I didn't know it had been modified with a stick conversion and a 306. I only briefly spoke with the owner. He did say he bought it locally from the original owner, and that he "wasn't sure" how much he wanted for the car. The "investment purposes" part wasn't mentioned at all.

I was pretty serious about buying it, but I haven't heard a word from the guy (I gave him my contact info) so I guess it's not gonna happen anytime soon. Personally, I think it would've been better if he left the 10-holes in original condition versus the black paint. Same for the headlight buckets. That's just my take on it. The car really is clean and appeared to be ready to drive/just needs a little love.

It definitely would be a cool compliment to the T-top coupe that I already have. Oh well!

http://blogs.mustang50magazine.com/6...ice/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Jones Racing View Post
    Yes, I wrote a blog about that red T-top coupe that was parked at Long Beach High-Performance Swap Meet.

Interesting info. I didn't know it had been modified with a stick conversion and a 306. I only briefly spoke with the owner. He did say he bought it locally from the original owner, and that he "wasn't sure" how much he wanted for the car. The "investment purposes" part wasn't mentioned at all.

I was pretty serious about buying it, but I haven't heard a word from the guy (I gave him my contact info) so I guess it's not gonna happen anytime soon. Personally, I think it would've been better if he left the 10-holes in original condition versus the black paint. Same for the headlight buckets. That's just my take on it. The car really is clean and appeared to be ready to drive/just needs a little love.

It definitely would be a cool compliment to the T-top coupe that I already have. Oh well!

http://blogs.mustang50magazine.com/6...ice/index.html
    Good Luck KJ! I hope you get it!

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue86 View Post
    Good Luck KJ! I hope you get it!
    Thanks, dude. It really all depends on A) Whether or not the guy ever calls me back about the car, and B) What he really means by "for investment purposes."

No doubt about it, T-top coupes are cool as hell. I really think a lot about how lucky I am to own one, and the thought of possibly having two in the garage is really exciting. However, I guess I'm not so pressed to own another one that I would be willing to pay ridiculous money for one. I mean, how much does the owner really think he can make on that car?

I guess that's the question that we should try and figure out about T-top coupes. What's "their worth" these days, in comparison to standard LX coupes that are in similar condition to that red one (fairly good shape/nice cars, not clapped-out hopeful projects--like mine was LOL)? Taking rareness into account of course, I still don't think the T-top notchbacks are anywhere near "five-digit" prices, but hearing someone cite "investment purposes" makes me think that this guy could be trying to get that kind of money for his. In my opinion, he'll need to hold onto it for about another 10 years--or invest the kind of money in it that I've got in mine--before it's even close.

I got my car purely for KEEPER purposes. I'm confident that there's no way I'll sell it, mainly because it's actual "worth" outside of being "rare" (worth based on restoration and mods alone) is ridiculous--for an '86 Mustang LX.
    Last edited by KJ Jones Racing; 01-16-2012 at 09:56 PM.

wrong thread sorry
    Last edited by Blown67; 01-29-2012 at 04:03 AM.
    84' LTD LX **SOLD**
    Current:

81' t-top coupe stock 4.2L v8 3speed auto

Default RARE???

Ok so around 6,000 where produced, but....

What makes anything RARE???

Easy how many are left

From the photo's I have seen and how few people even know they exist something tells me most have been wrecked, rusted away, and scrapped (the last 4 years have been really bad in my area.)

So next time your at a car show or walmart with one around see how many people stop and look at it and go wow I have never seen a coupe with t-tops.

If I'm wrong I won't be in another 10 years when the last few lawn onaments rust away.

Also out of the last 1,400 Cars for Sale on this site only 3 where t-top coupes so 1 out of approximatly 500

Ebay no results

Out of the 2,550 cars for sale on Corral.net 16 where T-top Coupes. so 1 out of 160

Overall it is way easier to find a SVO or Saleen. Looking at how many people are looking for a T-top Coupe compared to a SVO or Saleen it is apparantly a more rare car.

Rare does does not mean desirable. With most things OLD "Rare" generally means "Nobody wanted it when it was new either"!

Based upon the above the Saleen Foxbody may be far less "rare" than a T-Top Coupe but a Saleen Mustang is still far more disirable than a T-Top Coupe in the marketplace today!
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

New User

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Body 26: 624 (L/LX coupe)
    Body 28: 13,084 (LX/GT/Turbo GT hatchback)
    So, question. 624 notches are L/LX... but of the 13,084 none are L's? Is this a typo, or...? Because I have a L hatchback t-top.

It was a typo. I left out L in the hatchback number. It's fixed now.

That was the only year (1984) that the L was available on both the coupe body (P26) AND the hatchback body (P28). In 1982 and 1983 it was available only on the coupe body (P10 in '82, P26 in '83).
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the info.

Ok, I know I am late to the party having been AWOL for a few years , but , has anyone requested how many T-top Turbo GT350's were built? I had always heard 35-38 but it is folk lore at this point. However, looking at the rarity, it might be true. Look how often you see one of the 104 Turbo convertable GT350's and how rarely you see a T-top car Turbo GT350
    84 20th Anny 2.3Turbo #1978
    84 Turbo GT 11.70@120MPH 418RWHP
    89 41X Coupe 2200 miles
    96 Mystic Cobra Terminator swap

I have 6 turbo G.T.350 w/ T-roof in the database but only one of them is confirmed.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast