Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

You're welcome.

And yes, thank you to everybody whom donated to the FEP Research Funds to get this done. "How many T-tops were made?" seemed to be a common question so I figured since Marti Auto Works had the data ready to go for the Foxes, it would be a great time to finally get an answer.

So, what are we gunna talk about now?.........
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

Default my t roof

my t top coupe is completely stripped to the ground and ready for what ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.

86 50CPRI

1 of 1375 doesn't sound too bad for an uncommon car, ,also add in the 5.0/RS Equipment, and it does simmer down to the hundreds...

I always thought there were more of them....

Quote Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
    Based upon the above stated yearly T-Top Coupe production totals for each model year the 1984 model T-Top Coupe at a total of 624 cars has the lowest production.

Wow! Does that make me the owner of a "rare" car???
    I'm glad we ended up with an 84, and wonder how many of the 624 were 5.0 cars ?
    1993 notch...HPT60 street turbo kit/DSS331...511rwhp/622rwtrq.@10psi
    April 2005 feature 5.0 Magazine
    November 2007 cover/feature MM&FF magazine
    September 2008 feature Mustang Enthusiast Magazine
    1984 factory ttop notch 5.0( new project car)
    1993 Cobra
    1996 Cobra
    2000 Lightning

Very Good info for sure.

Maybe I should look for T-top capri next

Hey FC, can you put some sticky on the back o' this?

Ty,

SI
    Smile, it's an easy thing you have complete control over that takes less work than the alternative.

Have:

'82 GT T-top #24 Red x 2

Just added it to the sticky already at the top of this forum.

Wow, that makes me wish I still had my 82 Capri. 1 of 531 GSs with T-tops.
    1979 Mustang Ghia Coupe, 302 swapped
    1982 Mercury LN7
    1986 Ford EXP, custom turbo car
    1926 Ford Model T, Bone stock and mostly original.
    1982 Kawasaki KZ440 LTD Belt Drive

Here is the Marti Report for my 84 T-Top Coupe.

One thing I have noticed on all the early Marti Reports is that the door sticker on the car does not match the door sticker shown on the Marti Reports. The Marti door stickers are missing a lot of information at the top of the door sticker concerning Gross Vehicle Weight (GAWR) and other information. This has been the fact with all the 4 eye Marti Reports I have ordered (Several 1982's and 1984). A picture of the original door sticker is also attached for comparison to the sticker shown on the Marti Report.
    Last edited by vintageracer; 12-06-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Body 67 (used '81-'82) includes all except GS.
    Body 68 (used '81-'82) is GS.
    Body 79 (used '83-'86) includes all.

Those "body" codes are what's in the VIN, i.e. 1MEBP67..., 1MEBP68..., 1MEBP79...
    Was there a source for 1FABP28T? How many SVO's?

Thanks for your efforts -
    2007 SL55 - Capri Blue - Leather, 487/560 WHP/WTQ at 13.5PSI

Quote Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
    One thing I have noticed on all the early Marti Reports is that the door sticker on the car does not match the door sticker shown on the Marti Reports. The Marti door stickers are missing a lot of information at the top of the door sticker concerning Gross Vehicle Weight (GAWR) and other information. This has been the fact with all the 4 eye Marti Reports I have ordered (Several 1982's and 1984). A picture of the original door sticker is also attached for comparison to the sticker shown on the Marti Report.
    Ford did not retain the weights, the accessory reserve loads, or the springs codes. So Marti Auto doesn't have them and that's why you won't see them on the door tag image on the reports. That is also why they require the data from the original sticker if you want an exact reproduction.

Quote Originally Posted by 8T6 SVO View Post
    Was there a source for 1FABP28T? How many SVO's?

Thanks for your efforts -
    We had the research done by body code only. To have it done by engine code as well would have significantly increased the research cost.

The factory literature says the T-roof option was dropped for the coupe body after the '84 model year and the research data proves this out. The literature also says the T-roof option was not available on the SVO, and all that have been found to date do not have the D/TR/H codes on their respective vc label/buck tag/broadcast sheet, so I would assume with confidence that the literature is correct in that respect as well.

Ford did not retain the weights, the accessory reserve loads, or the springs codes. So Marti Auto doesn't have them and that's why you won't see them on the door tag image on the reports. That is also why they require the data from the original sticker if you want an exact reproduction.
    Thanks for that little "Tidbit" of information.

I just looked again at Kevin's site and unfortunately found no mention of that BIG "Tidbit" of information that the owner must provide that additional "weight" information. Had I needed to order a new door sticker and received the sticker as shown on the Marti Report I would have have been upset that the door sticker I paid $30.00 for was NOT an exact match to my original door sticker.

His website does state that his stickers are and I quote:

"Door Tag - We offer exact reproductions of the door tag for your vehicle too. (Note - adding a door tag to your order can take up to two weeks to ship. However, you will still receive your report, by email, in 3-4 days) Include DOOR TAG with my order (additional $30.00)."

Upon further "drilling" down the pages of his site I now see the request for information input if you know the all the info on your door sticker.

Since I have not needed any door stickers I was using the information he reports on the first page of his website advertising the availability of door tags with the Marti Report.

I stand corrected!
    Last edited by vintageracer; 09-03-2011 at 06:54 PM.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

I was under the impression that if you ordered and didn't supply the info, you would be contacted for all the info to make the door tag right.

I think I've seen people being contacted here for those parts Marti doesn't have.

-Mike

This is great info...thanks

One thing I find interesting is these numbers indicate no T Top coupes after 84..

KJ Jones of 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords claims to have a 86 T Top coupe?
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s-FOXOTE-(formerly...HERFOX)

FEP Ride of the Month January 2014.!!

No T-roof coupe after '84 is accurate. Any '85+ T-roof coupe is not factory-original. It's an aftermarket (using OEM parts) conversion.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

No T-roof coupe after '84 is accurate. Any '85+ T-roof coupe is not factory-original. It's an aftermarket (using OEM parts) conversion.
    Thanks kind of what I figured.
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s-FOXOTE-(formerly...HERFOX)

FEP Ride of the Month January 2014.!!

Quote Originally Posted by freakshow12 View Post
    agreed. my med canyon t top tri tone rs 5.0 5 speed will be in your group. btw I still have a map light for you if you want it still.
    Would love to have that map light if you still have it

haven't been able to find one yet

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

FEP Senior Member

85-86 T-Top coupe searchers.....your 'White Buffalo' has been shot dead by Kevin Marti!

Congrats to all 84 and earlier T-roof coupe owners, you're the real McCoy.

5.0 Magazine is NOT gospel, but good bathroom fodder.
    85 Saleen Mustang(s)

I found an 85 t top coupe in jalapeņo red not to long ago. I REALLY wanted it but not so much anymore. . . Damn I still want it though factory or not hahahaha
    Car had all oem parts and headliner. Looked factory.
    1984 California Highway Patrol unit # 2940
    1984 GT350
    1986 GT 2R all original
    1986 LX 5.0 8Y notch

86 50CPRI

I had found an 85 as well, it was probably mid- conversion when I saw it. Still was a neat car.. I think the guy still has it, but was going to keep it and finish it himself. My attraction was, ironically not that it was a TTop, but that it was a gennie 5.0 Coupe. Even if it was an Auto CFI...

DEALER installed T-Roof for 85-86 cars really shouldn't affect cost. But it's got to be fairly well documented that it left the lot that way.

If a desirable option is missing but a dealer adds it, usually it doesn't hurt the value. (B303 cam, competition Motorsport advance lockout dizzy, 140mph speedo).

-Mike

FEP Power Member

All of the aftermarket t-top cars should look factory, Cars and Concepts was the only one making the aftermarket kit.
    Kendal

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

I have a question about t-top cars built in '83. That year, there were (3) models for the Mustang; the L, GL, and GLX. I have an L model t-top coupe, and wanted to know if the 5.0 was available in the L model? I don't think it was, but figured I'd ask. I know Ford built GL coupes with the 5.0, but wasn't sure about the L, or the GLX for that matter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast