Close

Default 85 SVO fuel pump relay?

does anyone know the location of the fuel pump relay on an 85 SVO as well as the correct fuseable link? both pumps are fine but have no power i already checked the inertia switch and that is in good working order.
    thanks
    Brandon
    1986 Mustang GT
    1981 Capri GS - sold
    1985 Mustang SVO

under driver seat for the relay

hth
    -RICH-
    84 CAPRI RS FOR SALE
    i'm a car junkie - i love junkie cars

Could be under the carpet (under the seat). Sometimes if the carpet was replaced, the owner doesn't cut the carpet....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

ok found the relay and changed it out but it proved not to be the problem...it seems that my inertia switch is not getting any power through one of its feeds...
    1986 Mustang GT
    1981 Capri GS - sold
    1985 Mustang SVO

does anyone know where the feed for the inertia switch gets its power from?
    1986 Mustang GT
    1981 Capri GS - sold
    1985 Mustang SVO

Quote Originally Posted by 82886blkgt View Post
    does anyone know where the feed for the inertia switch gets its power from?

should be from the relay under the seat that gets its feed from the computer.not sure if it is the same in an 85 but in my 84 it is off a plug that is located right by the computer/passeneger kick panel. think it is a 2 wire plug(maybe 3?) one of my buddies had a problem with his 85 cfi car and it was a ground problem with the fuel pump wiring.
    1967 mercury cougar restomod in progress
    1984 svo
    1984 gt 350 w/t-tops
    1984 gt turbo
    1986 mustang gt
    1986 capri rs 5.8
    1988 mustang lx 2.3
    1989 Lx convt 5.0
    1990 mustang gt
    RunAmuk Racing-proud supporters of the "Drive it like you stole it" series

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by 82886blkgt View Post
    ok found the relay and changed it out but it proved not to be the problem...it seems that my inertia switch is not getting any power through one of its feeds...
    It comes from the ignition switch, by the way they are known for going bad.
    Kendal

If there is no power at the inertia switch,then the relay is not on.The fuel pump relay is controled by the ecu by grounding it.The best way to test it is as follows:First turn ignition switch on.Next find the tanwire with green stripe that goes into the relay.This is the ground wire.Take a small piece of wire and attach it to a good chassis ground and stick the other end into the connector where the tan/green wire is.This should energize the fuel pump.I the pump comes on with this test,you will need to look for a ground problem.

Typically when you turn your igniton key on,the fuel pump will prime for a few seconds then shut off.It will not turn on again until a tach signal is detected upon turning the engine over.

Jason

Default 86 svo fuel pump relay ground problem

having this same problem with my 86 SVO checked the ground wire from fuel pump relay as Jason suggested and the pump ran. Where does the ground wire run, is there a common place to start looking for the ground problem? I am so ready to be driving her again any thoughts would be appreciated

Please read jasons message again he tells you in that the ground is thru the ecu maybe you might want to start there and if you dont find a problem with the mounting then you might want to just run a seperate ground wire but more the likely you will find that the ecu isnt grounded correctly.....gl hope this helps