Close

Default SALEEN 1985-0073

I have decided this is where i will journal my times with my saleen till it is where i want it to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PIGBOY; 06-24-2011 at 01:53 AM.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.

Very Cool! Look forward to seeing the process! Eat plenty of bacon to keep your energy up!

David
    82 Tan Mustang Coupe with 5.0 5 speed(For Sale)
    85 Black Saleen Mustang 85-99
    85 ASC McLaren Coupe
    86 ASC McLaren EuroCoupe

Coming Soon: Red 84 1/2 GT Convertible

Default IMPORTANT

i sent you important pig info thru your cell.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

Thanks! For the info! Would you please post some pictures of the car as it is!

David
    85 ASC McLaren Coupe
    86 ASC McLaren EuroCoupe

what do you want to see as i have several posted in other sections of pride? is there a particular area you wish to see?

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=113582

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=116533

here are some others.
    Last edited by PIGBOY; 06-27-2011 at 11:56 PM.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

Some bigger pictures showing all 4 corners!

David
    85 ASC McLaren Coupe
    86 ASC McLaren EuroCoupe

I see the GT molding. Does that mean that the car came with a "GT" and "Saleen" package or how exactly does all that work? Looking forward to seeing the progress.
    Chris

Had
    Too many that I wish I'd kept!

Have
    69 Mach 1 "M" Code
    82 GT 308(my 1st stang)
    82 GT T-top (a new beginning) Rebuild Thread
    71 Torino GT

82 stangracer go here --------> http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=116533
    HARVESTER OF EYES

Quote Originally Posted by PIGBOY View Post
    Very interesting. I always figured Saleen had a team that worked with Ford when they built the car and it left the Line as a "Saleen". I didn't know they take regular cars then make them Saleens.
    Chris

Had
    Too many that I wish I'd kept!

Have
    69 Mach 1 "M" Code
    82 GT 308(my 1st stang)
    82 GT T-top (a new beginning) Rebuild Thread
    71 Torino GT

I guess I'm still not clear if this was a car ordered as a 'regular' GT and then sent to Saleen after the fact, then sold through the original dealer OR if it was a Saleen order to begin with and the GT and Tu-tone options were chosen on the Saleen order form. I mean, I can't see why the Tu-tone option would have been chosen and paid extra for if the customer knew Saleen was just going to turn around and paint over it.

According to the Patty Redeker book there were four GTs. One white convertible with leather and three red hatchbacks, two w/ cruise and one with SVO leather. Don't know how accurate that book is.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

i think mardis has the vert. damn i was hoping there were no others like mine, and all of them red to boot what the hell. leather svo seats mmmmm. oh well to be ordinary yet again. so there seems to be a twin to mine, how ever mine was steering delete. i sure wonder what the other non svo seated red headed step child had compared to mine.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

if i had to guess "if" i think that car was purchased as a saleen by a buyer in cali as saleen was believed to still be in south l.a. office at that time. buyer wanted red and prob was shown this car as being the closest to that and only draw back was GT and two tone. buyer said hey thats cool make it happen its worth it to me. car left walker buerge ford after deal was made and went to saleen for conversion? saleen finnished car on 6-13-85 and gave car back to walker and customer took delivery on 6-15 -85 and customer bought steering delete as he wanted the anti theft steering setup shown in supporter showcase thread. now i am still baffled as to why a lx nose was put on car? and why original owners cant recall a air dam being on car. or saleen just picked up 3 red GT cars to be cool seems plausable now that we know there are more than one that they prob happened close together as in at same time, and this guy just happened to be told this car was becoming available or who the hell knows. oh the pain oh the pain, i am running out of ideas. need to think some more.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

There may have been more than four, or less. Again, not sure how accurate that book is. Only thing the book says about the other red one like yours is that they both had grey interior and cruise. Your buck tag shows it was built with grey interior and cruise so we at least know that's accurate.

The book also lists an additional $100 charge for GT conversions and that Tu-tone paint and cruise control is "equipment that should not be ordered for conversion".
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

well at the very least we know what the tag shows us then and until others will share we have a very "rare" so to speak, SALEEN ?

and maybe a car that really needs a lot of my attention soon.

and to think i was ready to let a f.e.p. member buy this recently at a good price and he dropped communicay with me?
    Last edited by PIGBOY; 06-28-2011 at 11:47 PM.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

Default THANKS

FOX i did also want to thank you for the help with this info as usual.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

I think if you are serious about it you should get some stuff from Marti. Eminger Invoice should show where it was "drop shipped" if different that the ordering dealer. Marti Report will show everything it was ordered with, all of the door tag codes, and the date of order, serialization, buck, build, release, and sale.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Default FOX ?

i have noticed that time stamps change daily on threads this one changes from 9:53 to 10:53 why is that? other than time zones? weird. which will be diff due to my posts time stamp but i bet the hour hand still changes.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

My time sone (set in the User control Panel) is set to GMT -5 hours but the message at the bottom of the screen says all times are GMT -4, yet the time is correct for me. Don't know what's going on with that.