Close

Thread: sunroof drains

Default sunroof drains

ummmm, just seen I am missing 3 drain hoses form the pace car, anyone know where I can get some sunroof drains (I've got buckets collecting the water that's seaping in right now god bless this little island and it's rainy charms.
    Current Crop
    '88 5.0 LX Convertible
    '79 Indy Pace Car 2.3 turbo

Past Masters
    '79 5.0 Mustang Indy Pace Car
    '04 3.8 Mustang

go to the hardware store and find some tubing that's the same size
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

What length should I get?
    Current Crop
    '88 5.0 LX Convertible

Past Masters
    '04 3.8 Mustang

which ones are missing?
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

Front ones
    Current Crop
    '88 5.0 LX Convertible

Past Masters
    '04 3.8 Mustang

Blog Entries

Probably need 5 or 6 feet per side. They run down the windshield post and out the bottom of the car at the back of the front fender. I got lucky with mine, they were there, but partially blocked. I used a piece of stiff electrical wire to open them up.
    Bryan
    1985 LTD Police Package

thanks for the quick reply I've stuck the car under a cover untill the rain lets up, then I'll go out and fit the drains.
    Current Crop
    '88 5.0 LX Convertible

Past Masters
    '04 3.8 Mustang

Mine drain inside the kick panel. There is a hole towards the rear next to the door.
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108

Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
    Probably need 5 or 6 feet per side. They run down the windshield post and out the bottom of the car at the back of the front fender. I got lucky with mine, they were there, but partially blocked. I used a piece of stiff electrical wire to open them up.
    I used my air compressor with the blow gun that has the rubber nub on the end.

WHOOOOSHHH all clear. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post

Yep, same here. An air compressor works wonders for blowing out all the gunk out.
    ** Kurt **

Current:
    1980 Mustang Cobra

Past:
    1966 Mustang Coupe (first car!)
    1971 Mustang Grande
    1979 Mustang Hatchback

Is this on your 79? I have a 79 capri, and the front drains are stupid. They wrap around and then down the a-pillar. I was harvesting parts from a 82 in the yard and noticed there was holes in the roof structure that allowed the tubes to go straight down. I added them on mine, Just make sure it does not interfere with the interior stuff.
    1979 capri, a mess, 86 efi

seeing as my haynes manual still hasn't turned up (damn you ebay), anyone got any ideas where the drains run on a 79 pace car?
    I've got 6 meteres of tubing just in case
    Current Crop
    '88 5.0 LX Convertible

Past Masters
    '04 3.8 Mustang

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post

I was worried about blowing out the hose, or more to the point, having the hose blow out, if I used the compressor. Looking back now, the hose is so stiff from age it probably couldn't have blown out.
    Bryan
    1985 LTD Police Package

Quote Originally Posted by yo_sushi View Post
    seeing as my haynes manual still hasn't turned up (damn you ebay), anyone got any ideas where the drains run on a 79 pace car?
    I've got 6 meteres of tubing just in case
    You will need to take out most of your interior panels to get to them. The front ones run down the pillar posts into the kickpanel areas while the rear ones go down the rear posts behind the quarter windows down to an area just infront of the rear tires.

Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
    I was worried about blowing out the hose, or more to the point, having the hose blow out, if I used the compressor. Looking back now, the hose is so stiff from age it probably couldn't have blown out.

Yeah that is why I had no problem doing it because I had my headliner out at the time and saw how hard those lines where and knew they were NEVER blowing off the fitting lol.

Resurrecting and subscribing. This thread has answered some of my questions. I was also wondering if a diagram existed showing the drain line routing and connection points?

If not, I'll be removing my headliner as the drier season arrives, to see if I can run some new lines. I've blown out my drain lines several times, but the right-front doesn't seem to stay clear for very long.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Bump for this. I cant get the front two to clear. Seems as If I'm hitting something solid. Drivers side rear is clear. Passenger rear is not. When i blow through the front it simply blows the air out the other front. Trying to keep from taking the entire interior apart.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian.aughe View Post
    Bump for this. I cant get the front two to clear. Seems as If I'm hitting something solid. Drivers side rear is clear. Passenger rear is not. When i blow through the front it simply blows the air out the other front. Trying to keep from taking the entire interior apart.
    This video may help with the beginning and end points from when I did mine a couple years ago.