Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I can tell by the pictures that very little of it if any is left. There would have been a large glass jar mounted to the passenger side shock tower. That would have held the water/methanol mixture. It would have been attached to a thin plate that sat under the carburetor. That plate is the only part that may still be there, but being it doesn't have the original engine, I don't think that is likely either. I have only found one car with that still in tact. Your car would of definitely had it, as all stage I's in 83 did.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly113 View Post
    No mine are def vinyl stickers i can run my hand across them and feel the edge.. So my car had this vapor injection you think? If so what would i be looking for to see ?
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Finally got me a double hump cross member... Time to put it back together...

This is what the Vapor Injection system looks like.

Steve
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Can you buy that??

No the company long since went out of business. I happened upon this one on ebay a couple of years ago. I keep an eye out for them. If I find another I will let you know.

Can you buy that??
    Steve
    Previously owned:

Progress Update!!!!!!!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    New Clutch & Flywheel are Installed apparently the last person that put a clutch in that car didn't know what he was doing...

1. The car didn't have a pilot bearing in it whatsoever
    2. No dowl pins on the block to hold the dust shield
    3. No dowl pins were on the old flywheel (perhaps why the clutch chattered)
    4. Upon taking out the transmission i discovered that the sleeve that is over the input shaft of the trans had broken off were it bolts into the trans.. Aka trans was now junk..
    5. It had some ***** drive shaft bolts that someone got at the hardware store i unscrewed them all by hand.. (New bolts were ordered and installed)
    6. When removing the transmission and bell housing I discovered that i only had 3 bolts holding in my transmission, So i bought new grade 8 botls and locking washers..
    7. Good news though i discovered i have a UPR quadrant unfortunately for me its a 3hook quadrant which sucks ass to get the cable over...
    8. Adjustable Clutch Cable installed..
    9. Installed my Summit Sport Seats
    10. Fixed the rear main seal since when i took out the bottom flywheel bolt it poured out oil lol
    11. Installed my double hump cross member
    12. Installed my fuel pressure gauge to help monitor fuel and prevent from running to rich
    13. Solid motor mounts installed..
    14. Installed my Mac Long tube Headers giant bitch to install but i know it will be worth it

So now i just gotta finish up some small things and she'll be good to go!!
    Ill be sure to post up a new exhaust and idle vid when i get it going again!!

Glad to see that thing are getting done on the car.

I am real glad that you were the one to come and get it. You have a lot of passion for it.

I can't wait to see the finished product!

Yea im trying to help her out, needless to say no matter how much i cussed at this car shes not so bad one of the previous owners def took care of it.... Not to mention she sounds mean!! lol

Glad to see that you are getting things done.. I need to come up and check it out since it hasnt been road worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by setty2706 View Post
    Glad to see that you are getting things done.. I need to come up and check it out since it hasnt been road worthy.
    Holy **** you do exist on this site also lo Hey now it was road worthy for 2days lol

I know now what kind of cam i have and what motor I have...

I tracked down an owner of the car and called him up and he was pleased to answer my questions..

Said the motor came out of a Thunderbird but he is unsure of the year and says the cam i have is a Comp Mutha Thmpr..

Exhaust Is On Mac Longtubes with a custom modified BBK H-Pipe

LED Dash Lights Installed...

I Bought 194 WEDGE LIGHT 5 SMD LED BULBS they are cool white...
    My stock gauge color was green..

this looks really awesome can you explain to me how you did this. i like to do this to my car

thanks,
    Les
    ~LES~
    157 HP @ 4200 RPM
    240 ft/lb @ 2400 RPM

"Yeah Baby Feel That Pure Power"
    Capri:
    Is a Mustang With Hips And Class

Pm sent and explained

thats one mutha thumpa
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.

Can't wait to get a video of it with the new long tubes new h-pipe No more exhaust leaks either should sound even more badass!!!

Video on its way!!!

As many of you have probably read my post's I decided it was a build thread time..

I have a 83 Dominator T-Top Car.. It needs some tlc and some updating to restore it to its former glory...

When I bough the car it had Sun pro Oil Pressure , Water Temp gauge that were rigged in the car and held together with electrical tape the stock sensors on the wiring harness had been cut and removed, the information center wasn't working, The drivers side quarter glass is broken out, the seats in the car are trashed and the back part of the drivers side floor board needs replaced along with the rear quarter where the rear tire kicks up water.. Not to mention the motor mounts are worn out in the car..

I got the car running and changed plugs i put Autolite 24's in it, giving it a little bit colder of a plug, changed the oil put Mobile 1 5w-30 fully synthetic.. The car at idle holds 35psi oil pressure at idle and under full throttle goes up by 10psi per 1000rpm.. So the motor seems to be checking out ok.. I also went through and fixed alot of wiring and got rid of unnecessary wiring and fixed some misplaced vacuum lines.. I drained the transmission fluid and noticed it was a bit milky looking so hopefully thats just from sitting for so long.. I put in 3quarts of Dextron Mecron and 1quart of Lucas.. I also picked up two rear quarter glasses just in case the other breaks also lol The car has a big nasty cam in it killing the power brakes, so i bought the maximum motorsports manual brake setup from my buddy. Also just bought Maximum Motorsports Full Length Sub Frame Connectors.. Im also getting my center console a little redesign work, Im removing the information center,clock and the cigaret and ashtray door and replacing it with a piece of metal made to match and painted black, with 2 gauge inserts for my oil pressure and water temp to remove the junk ass sun pro gauges.. Also have a switch panel for electric fan, a 12V receptacle for my radar detector and a USB receptacle for my cell phone charger.. I will be posting pics once its all said and done.. I order the Auto Meter GS Series mechanical gauges they match the stock cluster and have a green back light just like my dash light outta look bad ass..

Idle Video

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=1sysgi&s=7

i like the all black scheme

Sounds good. Where is the exhaust cut off at? I couldn't see in the video. I'm assuming you have them stopping somewhere underneath?
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

Thanks I Appreciate It

Yea there dumped before the rear axel.. Its not cut off it goes headers, mid pipe, flow tubes mufflers then turn downs...

Exactly like I had made for my Dominator back in the late 80's. It was 8 bolts to drop my whole exhaust at the track. 6 Bolts on the headers and one bolt on each side right behind the mufflers.

Thanks I Appreciate It

Yea there dumped before the rear axel.. Its not cut off it goes headers, mid pipe, flow tubes mufflers then turn downs...
    Steve
    Previously owned:

Update Time Once Again!!!!

Been a while been working 3rd shift this month makes it hard to work on the car but i managed to get a few things done..

I whiz wheeled down the doors, hatch, outer shock towers all the bad places these cars rust and removed and debris or grim or surface rust that may have been starting and coated them with KBS Rust Seal..

KBS Rust seal is in my opinion bust stuff out there its impervious to water, salt and element and just gets harder with time.. It wont ever rust again so i will never have to worry about those parts on my car. I would highly recommend it, bit pricey but well worth it.. I got the satin black so it matches my car but this winter if all works out i plan on painting my car i can paint right over it.. I applied it with a brush and dries smooth...

I also got me some new heads
    GT-40P Picked them up from the UPull UPay for $80
    They are getting ported, gasket matched and so is my RPM Air Gap intake

I picked up some lowering springs for my Dominator the other day and since im not building a race car just a nice cruiser i couldn't pass up the dea. Had some time after i got off of work and wasn't tired yet figured id throw them on.. What do people think????

Comparison Photo

Me Being Bored...

Love the car, the new stance is spot on too! When are the heads going on?

Just curious...are you leaving the rear spoiler off?
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast