Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    No disrespect to Mustangs or their owners (as I own one of those too, LOL), but I can understand Capris are not allowed in a Mustang only show.

To allow them in, then you've got to allow 67-73 Cougars, and then maybe Bobcats of the 70s in too then... hard to have a hard and fast rule that's flexible.

There is a Mercury show at MU annually I believe which I am sure Mustangs are not allowed at too.

I am glad (and fortunate) I have a Mustang also so there's that option as well to just take the Mustang to the Mustang show.

This is why I do really like the spring show as it really includes a lot of makes and models, and not sure i can afford lots of trips to MU with the price of gas.
    I hear you, and like I said, I can see the reasoning. Its not my show so who am I to say, they can do what ever they like. I just don't think (in my opinion) it is a smart move.

Bottom line is I want to go to a show that has good attendance and lots of cars. I'm sick of going to shows that are "boring". 5-10 years ago I would have never been able to say that a show was boring, but in the past few years some events have really dropped their attendance numbers.

And by the looks of this thread there are only a couple people from this board that "might" go. Thats why I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not this show was going to be a dud.
    Tom

CAMMED & SLAMMED! For more build pics and updates: http://www.facebook.com/SINISBuilt

For being "BUILT not BOUGHT" I am still broke!

Quote Originally Posted by 69clark View Post
    Well if the weather is good I may see you there.
    Would be awesome to see you there Tom. That Pace Car is awesome. If the weather is good I'll definitely be going now. It will be good to use the car and have some fun. I like the drive to this show. Let me know if you are going. It should still be a good show. A few of my friends that aren't on this board are attending as well with their Mustangs.

As far as this Capri stuff goes, I think a Mustang is a Capri and a Capri is a Mustang. Same motors, chassis and interiors. It's ridiculous that they don't allow them in the show. A lot of people that don't know much about the 4 eyes think my 82 is a Capri. They are like oh, you have a Capri front end.
    Last edited by mustang4life1985; 06-20-2011 at 09:55 PM.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

Well I'll definitely be going. The car has been sitting for two weeks and I'm going to go for a good cruise to MU.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

See you there.
    Tom

CAMMED & SLAMMED! For more build pics and updates: http://www.facebook.com/SINISBuilt

See you there Tom. The site was down for me earlier in the day.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Where's the pics guys????
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

I was sent a couple earlier today from a friend of mine.

Last edited by DRAGTOP89; 06-26-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!

Good time, great turnout. They said it was the biggest yet at their new location. Unfortunately no pics from me. I just chilled with friends most of the day, and hid in the shade from time to time, LOL.

And a well deserved congrats to Paul for a third place finish. I was sure he would get second or first but unfortunately it didn't go that way. Still a strong class so third was still great. Congrats Paul.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by 69clark View Post
    Good time, great turnout. They said it was the biggest yet at their new location. Unfortunately no pics from me. I just chilled with friends most of the day, and hid in the shade from time to time, LOL.

And a well deserved congrats to Paul for a third place finish. I was sure he would get second or first but unfortunately it didn't go that way. Still a strong class so third was still great. Congrats Paul.
    Good to see you there Tom and congrats on your win with that awesome car you built. It's just amazing what you've done with it and thanks so much! Glad you and your friends liked the car. This is the first time the MCCNE did classes with 79-93 stock, mild mod, and rad mod. Definitely a good time and so glad I went. Hope your ride back was good.

I was so tired but the round trip drive ended up being 30 miles shorter for me than normal taking back roads, which definitely helped and always good not dealing with traffic. I forgot my camera Kevin got some pretty good quality pics that I'll post up on here tonight.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

congrats to both of you! Sounds like it was a good time.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Neither here nor there

Congrats guys! Glad you had fun and I should have snuck my capri in too! LOL

Actually someone did sneak in a capri. Paul knows more about it but they came over and talked to me about the pace car for a bit. They either left early or got kicked out, LOL.

And another funny story, when i pulled in to the show, one of the guys working the checkin gate asked, "this going in the stock class? Just wheels right?". I LOL and said, " I don't think the guys in the stock class would appreciated that" as I am let the air out of the suspension and dropped it on the ground to show them it was far from stock.

Now this is the guy working at the gate deciding everyones class and he is leaning in and looking in the car with full carbon fiber accents, autometter gauges, custom wheel and telling me he has a 100% correct original Pace Car at home that he shows. I thought, to myself, then how in the world can you mistake my car for stock with just wheels? LOL
    Tom

He was probably thinking that there was no injected blown 514 big block popping out of the hood so it must be stock. lol
    Stan
    1986 Ford Mustang Saleen #80 Gray/gray
    1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren Coupe#20 Black/silver, gone.
    1985 GT Silver/gray T-top car, gone
    1985 Canyon Red Turbo coupe, gone

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Congrats to both of you guys! Tom, the Pace Car looks great! I can't wait to see it in person with my own two eyeballs.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Congrats Paul & Tom

Thanks guys!
    Tom

Very well done Paul & Tom. Looked like a nice turnout. Congrats guys!! Cars look fantastic!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Thanks a lot guys. It was a lot of fun and I couldn't believe that Tom about the guy at the gate when you pulled in. A 85 Capri did pull in with a 82 GT nose and 3 piece spoiler and tail lights. I am posting up pics now that Kevin took.

The guy said he entered it as a Capri, but I know he didn't. The judges went over to him and supposedly said something because he was gone. I went over and told them Capri's should be allowed if they allowed that in. They just said only as show vehicles in a section but won't be judged and would be with other MCCNE member cars that weren't entered.
    Last edited by mustang4life1985; 06-27-2011 at 06:26 PM.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

The 85 Capri:
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Congrats Paul & Tom and Thanks for sharing those photos.

Dan & Paula

Quote Originally Posted by mercury-man View Post
    Congrats Paul & Tom and Thanks for sharing those photos.

Dan & Paula
    Thanks Dan! Glad you like the pics too!
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Thanks for the photos!

How much room was left in the parking lot?
    John
    2017 Convertible 6-Speed
    1984 GT 5.0 T-Roof
    1965 Coupe 4-Speed
    1964-1/2 Coupe C4-Auto
    MCA National Certified Judge 1964-1966 and 1979-1993

Great pictures - Wish I could have been there but both the Mustang and the Futura are "temporarily indisposed" and last night I had my weekly appointment with that infamous Frenchman, Maurice de Lon (in English, Moe D. Lon).

On Sunday I went to a meet organized by svtperformance.com, at Colt State Park in Rhode Island. Our friend and fellow FEP'er Brian (SVT1) was there with his beautiful 2011 Coyote 5.0.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12