Close

Default Hello, new member here

Hello all, I've been on the site off and on over the past few years and finally registered. I have an early 85 SVO that I'm trying to put back into running order after the PO jacked it up.

I did get it running in pretty decent condition after fixing alot of wiring issues and replacing the cylinder head with a proper turbo open chamber head. I've since added several performance parts and hope to have it running by the end of this summer. I also ditched the cheap racing seats and put some SVO seats back in it. They need refinished but they look alot better than the seats that came with. I also replaced the carpet, seat belts and several small interior pieces to make it look half decent.

I did see a few SVOs at Carlisle yesterday, but I didn't have much time to talk as my son was pretty much done with walking around at that point. A couple of the guys had mentioned they visit this site.

I'm sure I'll have a few questions so I want to introduce myself.

Michael

Welcome to FEP Michael.
    Jeff

'84 GT Turbo (it will live again!)
    '89 LX 5.0 (had my fun, now its gone)
    '78 Zephyr (long gone)

Welcome!
    Got any pics of the car?
    2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport
    1984 Mustang convertible

Welcome to the best corner of the interweb for 4eyed cars. Thanks for joining.
    1985 5.0 Coupe - will eventually be hated by Ford purists

FEP User

welcome!, i jsut got my first svo about 2 months ago, and im having wiring issues as well, what problems did you have with yours and how did you fix it?
    ..wanna see pictures for sure!

Welcome

welcome, the more SVO's the merrier.

Congrats on the SVO! Welcome!

Trey

Welcome aboard fellow SVO member !
    " A Few FOXES in the Hen house "

KDavis - I had quite a few problems with the wiring, some ground issues and alot of wires on the interior not hooked up to anything. They had the fan wired to a toggle switch, some issues with lights and ignition as well. All-in-all it was to bad to figure out, just cost me a bit for the good solder-seal connectors.

I'll try to post some pics soon. Hopefully I'll have my ignition parts this week or next, after that I just need to change the routing of the innercooler piping and weld the exhaust up.