Close

Default My Second SVO- WHat to do with it?

I just purchased my second SVO. THis one was obvioulsy parted out and to bring it back will be a chore. I've decided to sell most of my other Fox mustangs and focus on the 84 anniversary car and putting my 86 back on the road. This little guy willl be on the deep deep undercover back burner but with hopes of coming back someday.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    1984.5 GT350 convertible
    86 SVO Black
    86 SVO Silver

Ah, someone finally picked up that one on CL! Congrats and good luck!!!

Personally, I'd say make a full on track car out of it. Keeping it a turbo 4.

Is that the one that was down in Bastrop or something?

If so, I almost had my Dad (lives in Round Rock) go check it out for me, but thankfully for my marriage I was able to resist!

I have an 84 in only slightly better shape that I am trying to bring back from the dead too! Maybe we can commiserate together as we both build ours!

Good Luck!

Trey

Yeah, it was out in Blanco, TX. I've seen it advertised off and on for over two years it seems. Finally went out and looked at it. THe owner is nice guy has two or three other SVO's and makes me wonder where the SVO parts that are missing went. However he said he purchased it in this condition.

I've got an 86 with frame damage so I've considered swaping everthing over. If I dont go this route I just got an 88 TC engine and harness that has a stand alone harness. I'd love a track car but I cant afford to have a track car.

Another option is I know of a guy here in town with two wrecked SVO's and If I can ever get back in touch wiht him I may try to buy one and use those parts.

Long term project...
    1984.5 GT350 convertible
    86 SVO Black
    86 SVO Silver

poor car

Blanco, Bastrop, Burnett, Boerne, etc. they're all the same there in South Central TX righ!?

I was going to turn mine into a NASA AI track there for awhile, but I have another Mustang that I am going to use instead.

My SVO is saveable, but it won't be cheap. So I understand where you are coming from. Good Luck with the long term build. Maybe we can help keep each other going as I am sure there will be times that we'll want to give up.

Trey

If the chassis is good, and it's on the super back burner, and you're not in a good situation for a track car... Sounds like you should slowly collect the bits and pieces it needs. By the time you're ready to focus on it, you'll have probably 95% of the parts.
    2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport
    1984 Mustang convertible