Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    FEP Senior Member

Its pretty cool that the invoices are now available for the 79-86 Mustangs. But I wonder when and or if they will be available for the "other" Foxes (F/Z,T/C and Capris)? Cause it would be cool to know the numbers on some of these cars since some members here have weird combos.
    1977 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by 85GT302 View Post
    Ken, Did you order your cars Eminger Invoices?
    I got the invoices on some of the SVOs a while back. He couldn't find all of them at that time so I'll have to re-submit later and hope for the best.

I guess I'll actually have to wait on the report for the Capri. I'd really like to have some kind of confirmation on it as well.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTRAG View Post
    I got mine today, It was what I thought and decoded by FoxChassis. If Kevin is correct, he gave me a number for US made 83 convertible GT's.
    Your report doesn't actually say that the number of GTs on the 2-door convertible is for the US, does it?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post
    I just ordered Deluxe Reports and door stickers for these five SVOs:

84 Watkins Glen Pace Car
    85 Hertz
    original 85.5
    86 T-top
    86 7B

I don't really need all the door stickers but I figured I'd support someone who supports me and my interests. I'll place another order for the last two SVOs, the GT vert, the 4E Capri, and the 4E coupe once I get delivery on the coupe. It'll be interesting to see how those turn out as well.

I'd like to know if they got the stickers straightened out. The one they did have was a cross between the '83-85 sticker and the '86 sticker. I was in contact with Kevin and another fellow there about getting that corrected. I had sent them some samples from each year. Don't know what ever became of that project.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    I'd like to know if they got the stickers straightened out. The one they did have was a cross between the '83-85 sticker and the '86 sticker. I was in contact with Kevin and another fellow there about getting that corrected. I had sent them some samples from each year. Don't know what ever became of that project.
    Yes I still have the original stickers on 4 out of 5 of the ones requested. They're an 84, an 85, and two of the 86s. One of my 85.5 stickers was lost in an accident / door replacement but I still have the 10,598 mile original 85.5 sticker in place on the Barrett-J car.

I was going to do a comparison for accuracy across all the model years on what he has currently available.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

I just thought of something strange about the whole door sticker, Deluxe Report, and Emminger invoice program.

When I ordered the invoices I had to show proof of ownership through a current tag receipt or valid insurance card. When I ordered the door stickers and D. reports yesterday I wasn't required to show proof of ownership.

I would think the door sticker if nothing else would require proof since it is kinda a legal document type item?

The invoice really doesn't prove much and wouldn't even be accepted ( in Georgia at least ) when registering any vehicle. If somebody was wanting to do a VIN swap to hide a stolen vehicle a factory appearing door sticker would put them that much closer to pulling off the switch?

Not trying to be a bad guy and dump on the program it just seems inconsistant or even backwards to me.

Yes or no?
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

Showing proof of ownership for the Eminger Invoice is required because it is a physical paper document that MA has only one copy of. They want to make sure that the owner of the car is getting the invoice, not somebody that is just buying random invoice for cars they don't own.

The door stickers are a reproduction item, which means MA can do it again and again, for as many times as it is requested. I recently had a conversation with Kevin and he told me he will not change codes on the door tag to something other than what they were originally. If you don;t hav an image of the original I think he he might be getting the codes for the repro from the database, minus the spring codes (for now). The door tags are also not an exact reproduction, as the printing technology is different that what was originally used. You should be able to tell the difference between an original and a repro.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

ordered mine today. can't wait to get it. ordered a new door tag as well. figured what the heck, might as well have an extra one hanging around.
    Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

Got mine yesterday.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

I got my emailed copies of the DR yesterday. They sent another email about the stickers requesting weights and spring codes.

I still haven't had a chance to pick through every detail but it looks like my 86 T-top was ordered as a spoiler delete just like my Comp Prep. That will make having two factory mistakes in the spoiler, or non-spoiler, screw up department.

It also confirms that my original owner 85.5 was ordered by the dealer as their new demonstrator. I put down a deposit and it became mine at that point.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

So does the Buck Tag on each of the spoiler delete screw-ups have a code "11" or "12" on the fourth and sixth lines?

just ordered mine for the 84 ttop coupe
    1987 GT T-Top
    1986 LX Coupe 5.0 aod (saved from the grave)

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post
    I got my emailed copies of the DR yesterday. They sent another email about the stickers requesting weights and spring codes.

I still haven't had a chance to pick through every detail but it looks like my 86 T-top was ordered as a spoiler delete just like my Comp Prep. That will make having two factory mistakes in the spoiler, or non-spoiler, screw up department.

It also confirms that my original owner 85.5 was ordered by the dealer as their new demonstrator. I put down a deposit and it became mine at that point.
    Ken, I will look at your buck tag tonight and see what it says.

I got one on my t-top 84 and it said nothing about t-tops. Go figure ha ha.
    Kendal

So does the Buck Tag on each of the spoiler delete screw-ups have a code "11" or "12" on the fourth and sixth lines?
    Thanks Kendal if you can answer this for me on the T-top car. The buck tag on the Comp Prep is directly under the driver's header panel support bracket and is almost completely hidden.

It's not a big deal to pull the bracket so I can do that and take a pic. Just one of those many little things I need to document. Now that I will need to pull weights and spring codes for Marti I can do that at the same time.

Here is the DR on the T-top car. No mention anywhere of T-tops...

Notice as the spoiler delete order though. I know it has the bi-wing from the pics.

EDIT: I just noticed that it sat at the dealer for about 6 months.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ken P; 06-07-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

FEP Power Member

Sorry Ken, no buck tag. Screw and a little piece is still there.
    Kendal

Quote Originally Posted by KCoker View Post
    Sorry Ken, no buck tag. Screw and a little piece is still there.
    Oh well, Thanks anyway. I'll probably get the Emminger invoice for it at some point in the future.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTRAG View Post
    I got mine today, It was what I thought and decoded by FoxChassis. If Kevin is correct, he gave me a number for US made 83 convertible GT's.
    Your report doesn't actually say that the number of GTs on the 2-door convertible is for the US, does it?
    I meant to post this before, after I talked with Kevin Marti, but the number of GT convertible has long been thought to be 1001; 993 ordered in the US and 8 ordered in Canada. According to Ford and Marti Auto Works, there were actually 993 total 1983 GT convertibles made, not 1001.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234