Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Marti Reports 1980-1986

Looks like you can order the Deluxe ($40.00) and Standard ($15.00) Marti Reports for 1980-1986 Mustangs! You can have them E-Mailed (PDF) to you or Marti Report is printed on letterhead and mailed to you (additional $4.00 PLUS shipping charges),

82 & 85 Mustang GT Deluxe Reports Ordered!,

Whoot!,

http://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm

Good to know and very interesting. I checked out the website, and would like to ask your opinion and anyone else's that would like to chime in. Sorry--not trying to hijack the thread, but it's kinda all related. Do you guys think it is better to have the Marti report or the Eminger report? Whats your thoughts?
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

They still don't have a Capri listing

Both Documents authenticate your Mustang! I got the Eminger Invoice for my 82 GT, But they could not locate the one for my 85 GT CVT!.. Deluxe Marti Report has more info, such as Buck date, Build date, Production numbers for Body Code & Trim Codes as well as Engine and Transmission codes and all options the day it was built! The Eminger Invoice is a piece of Ford Documentation like the Original Window Sticker, Which I have neither for both My GTs... I do not mind spending the Cash for these documents. I have an Elite Report for my 70 Mach 1... They did an outstanding job on it!
    Last edited by 85GT302; 05-19-2011 at 02:11 PM.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

I had to double-check the date on the original post to make sure it wasn't April Fools! I'm psyched that the late model Marti's are now available. I'm going to phone them with the info and maybe ask how many came thru painted Black with every option. Can't wait!

FEP Power Member

This should answer some of the t-top questions too.
    Kendal

This is good news...I will eventually order one. I have a two tone car and I wonder if that is included within the paint code like it is with the door tag...being an XP option. Anyone that orders a report that has a '85-'86 two tone car let me know as I am very interested.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Quote Originally Posted by KCoker View Post
    This should answer some of the t-top questions too.
    We're working on getting T-top production numbers from Marti Auto for ALL years and models from '81 through '86.

See here: T-Top Production Numbers: Let's see what we can find out!
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Super Member

This is great news!
    Former Foxes:
    1983 Fairmont Futura 4dr
    1986 Mustang LX 2.3 4 speed
    1985 Mustang GT
    1985 GT - 357w, T5, 8.8 w/ 4.10's.
    Best ET 13.5639, Best Mph 102.39
    1988 LX 5.0 AOD notch, bone stock no options except A/C
    1980 Mercury Capri RS Turbo, 50k mile survivor.
    1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe....ratty but fun.
    1992 Mustang GT convertible 85k from original owner

CAPRIS or anything MERCURY is always left out
    "Never Trust a Bunny!"

The Great Sir Twitch

MERCURYS is what I'm bout. MERCURY CrAzY

i tryed to get the one for my 86 but they could not locate the info need. a quick question are there any production numbers on the mustangs with the gray lower?
    thanks

There are no known production numbers on options. The charcoal lower accent paint was an option.

Just ordered mine.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Besides production numbers (for my combo), is there anything on these that I would not have already? (I know, somewhat of an open question )

I bought the car new and have every scrap of paper that ever came on it, in it, or with it. Kind of moot I guess, as been mentioned already, they do not list Capri yet.
    86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

After laying out the cash for Eminger Reports for my three Capris, it would certainly be nice to get a Marti Report as well. I will patiently bide my time, remaining optimistic.
    Robert

1986 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 -red
    1985 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - red
    1985 Capri 5.0L - black
    1984 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 - white
    1984 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - white
    1983 Capri RS Crimson Cat - red
    1982 Capri RS Black Magic - white
    1982 Cougar wagon
    1982 Mustang GT - red

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    There are no known production numbers on options. The charcoal lower accent paint was an option.
    Was the GT an Option?

If the charcoal lower accent paint is on the Invoice/Window Sticker or has a code in Mr Martis data base , He should be able to run the production numbers! You will have to get this Stats report run, If the numbers you are looking for is not on the Elite or Delux Reports.

As of today, Elite Marti Report is only good for 1967-1979 & Stats is only good for 1967-1973! Will have to wait till they update the years in the dropdown box! Or Call them!

https://www.martiauto.com/secure/stats.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by 85GT302 View Post
    Was the GT an Option?

If the charcoal lower accent paint is on the Invoice/Window Sticker or has a code in Mr Martis data base , He should be able to run the production numbers! You will have to get this Stats report run, If the numbers you are looking for is not on the Elite or Delux Reports.

As of today, Elite Marti Report is only good for 1967-1979 & Stats is only good for 1967-1973! Will have to wait till they update the years in the dropdown box! Or Call them!

The Mustang GT was a package that included such things as 5.0L HO V-8 Engine, P225/60VR15 BSW Perf Tires, Seats-Articulated Sport, etc. as standard no charge. The Mustang GT convertible was also a 66B package with a base price of $13,930 and had additional standard no charge items like Retractable Power Top, Glass Backlight, Roll Down Quarter Windows, etc. According to my original window sticker there is a Paint Treatment-Lower Tu-Tone option which was $116 among other options. My car had just about every available option except power windows and it looks like the most expensive option was Air Conditioning-Manual at $762. It is interesting that another option shows Seats-Leather Articulated Spt at $415 but shows no designation for color...mine are white while most were gray...which I guess gets taken from the buck tag possibly.

On a side note, I just went to put the window sticker back in the protective binder and back into the safe and I discovered the actual dealer invoice (the previous owner worked for Ford) not realizing what that was until now! It shows all the numbers like on the acutal window sticker but also shows the dealer cost for the base and options. For example, as stated above the base Mustang GT convertible 66B package was $13,390 but the dealers cost was $12,435.25...the Paint Treatment-Lower Tu-Tone option was $116 but the dealers cost was $97.90...the Air Conditioning-Manual was $762 but the dealer cost was $644.05...the Seats-Leather Articulated Spt was $415 but the dealer cost was $350.38. 10 gallons of gas was $13.50! The total on the car was $16,448.00 but the dealer cost total with gas was $14,124.50!

There is also some kewl information on the 1985 Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement paper work he also kept. I would imagine this same information went into the buck tag.
    Last edited by bwguardian; 05-20-2011 at 01:39 PM.
    HAD

HAVE
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Quote Originally Posted by 85GT302 View Post
    Was the GT an Option?

The GT was not an "option" chosen on an order form. It was a "series", just as the LX and SVO were. All of the series were assigned a number, and in '85 and '86 the GT series code was 932, for both the convertible and the hatchback. Along with the "body" code (6th and 7th characters in the VIN) chosen on the order form, you knew whether it was a GT or a GT convertible.

The "lower tu-tone paint treatment" option ("lower charcoal accent paint treatment" in '86) was regular production option (RPO) code # 954. It was not included in any rapid-spec packages available at the time.

If you look at the top of a Deluxe or Elite Marti Report, you will see a series of numbers and letters called a Vehicle Order Image. See here for an explanation:

http://www.martiauto.com/faqfocus.cfm?qid=25
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

i have my invoice from the original dealer...what do I get on the Marti report that I don't already have?? these looks to be very expensive for what additional information they give you?? any thoughts?? I've been also thinking about getting a window sticker, but, again the invoice looks pretty close to the window sticker listing all of the options and costs. I also have the original ordering and freight information from the dealer. There must have been several duplicate copies of the invoices, because they are numbered and I have atleast four of them??? any ideas??

Each of the bodies (coupe, hatchback, convertible) had a "body" code on dealer order sheets, which were the 6th and 7th characters in the VIN...

26 = coupe
    27 = convertible
    28 = hatchback

Each of the models (LX, GT, SVO) had a "series" code on dealer order sheets...

LX = 602
    GT = 932
    SVO = 939

Either of those codes by themselves wouldn't tell you what was ordered. They both had to be filled in on the order sheet at the dealer. OR a "rapid-spec" order code was used in place of a series code and those rapid spec codes included a group of specific options.

What's tricky with the "66B" code on the VC Label and the Build Sheet is it is for both the coupe AND the convertible bodies. On the Buck Tag, the code for coupe body was the same (66B) but for the convertible body it was "CVT".

If you were looking at the "66B" code on a VC Label, a Build Sheet, or a Window Sticker, and nothing else but that code, you wouldn't know if it was an LX coupe, an LX convertible, or a GT convertible. Same goes for a "61B" body code, it's not model/series specific, it is the designate for all LX, GT, and SVO hatchbacks.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 05-20-2011 at 02:39 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

The GT was not an "option" chosen on an order form. It was a "series", just as the LX and SVO were. All of the series were assigned a number, and in '85 and '86 the GT series code was 932, for both the convertible and the hatchback. Along with the "body" code (6th and 7th characters in the VIN) chosen on the order form, you knew whether it was a GT or a GT convertible.

The "lower tu-tone paint treatment" option ("lower charcoal accent paint treatment" in '86) was regular production option (RPO) code # 954. It was not included in any rapid-spec packages available at the time.

If you look at the top of a Deluxe or Elite Marti Report, you will see a series of numbers and letters called a Vehicle Order Image. See here for an explanation:

http://www.martiauto.com/faqfocus.cfm?qid=25
    Fox, the 1985 Model Mustang Lower Two-Tone (954) is included for 3 Door Models and GT Convertible...each of which has a Color Compatibility Reference Guide on Page 9 of the Rapid-Spec Order Form. It also has Convertible Roof Colors within a chart on Page 4 and I knew and have seen my share of White 87W and Black 87A tops but did not realize a Sand Beige 87M (actually have seen one on a black car with the Sand Beige interior) and Dark Academy Blue 87R were available.
    HAD

HAVE

I know some of the "factory" literature states that the tu-tone/accent paint treatment was standard on certain models but I assure you it it was not standard. This is a case of the literature being flat out wrong OR it was originally supposed to be standard but that changed to being optional after that literature was printed.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 05-20-2011 at 02:48 PM.

It does not say anything relative to being standard. In fact it states (For use as a supplement to the Exterior Color and Interior Trim Selections). In addition it has specific Option Codes for different Exterior and Interior color combinations...like Exterior Oxford White 9L with Interior White/Charcoal was a W Option Code; or Exterior Light Regatta Blue Metallic 3V with an Interior Charcoal/Grey was an A Option Code. It was an option!
    HAD

HAVE

If RPO # 954 was optional, I'm confused why you posted this:

Fox, the 1985 Model Mustang Lower Two-Tone (954) is included for 3 Door Models and GT Convertible
    "included" means standard

Where are you seeing that RPO #954 is "included" for 3 door models and GT convertible?

If RPO # 954 was optional, I'm confused why you posted this:

"included" means standard

Where are you seeing that RPO #954 is "included" for 3 door models and GT convertible?

It is included on Page 9 of the Rapid Spec Order Form...and there are different Option Code Letters for the various Exterior and Interior color combinations as exampled above. There is a chart for the 3 Door Models and another seperate chart for the GT Convertibles. I don't take this as being standard...it is a supplement as stated and has Option Code Letters. I will have to visit with the original owner and ask him how it was designated when ordered as he special ordered everything about my car which has the two tone option...but I believe at this time it was added/optioned with the Exterior Paint Color. See post #17 where I even referenced the original window sticker and there is a Paint Treatment-Lower Tu-Tone option which was $116 among other options.
    Last edited by bwguardian; 05-20-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    HAD

HAVE

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast