Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FEP Power Member

I have a 4E hertz too. If I can help with the restoration let me know.
    Kendal

FEP User

Ill try to get a picture of the hertz sticker up soon, i know what you mean about the roof, mine still has the headliner, but its sagging/falling off, and the surface underneath appears to be rusty. While the exterior will need paint anyway, i guess i've gotta decide if the problem inside can be solved simply. The roof seems to be solid, just a light layer of surface rust underneath the headliner. Also anything that can be found out about my car would be greatly apreciated, like factory options. i've seen that a lot of info can be found using the VIN, pm me and ill send it to you gladly if it helps, other than that thanks everyone for the congratulations on the car, and i guess the questions start here

Quote Originally Posted by SVOKip View Post
    I never knew there was a Hertz sticker anywhere on the car. I guess mine has long been removed. I would like to see a pic of that sometime.

I was going to get a dozen or so made up for distribution for all of us Hertz owners. I've already had two Hertz dealer plates made.

86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

FEP User

Hertz Sticker
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by KDavis; 04-29-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks for the pics. I can see where mine used to be.

The outline of the sticker is there and you can see just some lines. It looked like the remains of a oil change sticker so I never paid it any mind.

I wish someone would make a replacement sunroof frame so that you didn't have to replace the whole roof skin. I guess I need to figure out which way to go and run with it. I wonder how many of these will end up turning up before all is said and done. How many are accounted for now?
    1985 SVO 4e
    1985 SVO 9L "Hertz"
    1985 SVO 2R T-top
    1985 SVO 2R
    1985 GT 'Vert Silver
    1985 GT Vert Light Regatta Blue
    1986 SVO 1C
    1986 GT 4E 'Vert
    1966 GT 'Vert
    2003 Mach1

FEP User

Does anyone have a breakdown of the Hertz Cars left? i know there were
    10 4E's i have a 4E, and the couple on here makes 4?
    10 9L's i think 1 one was mentioned on here?

FEP User

Quote Originally Posted by SVOKip View Post
    Thanks for the pics. I can see where mine used to be.

The outline of the sticker is there and you can see just some lines. It looked like the remains of a oil change sticker so I never paid it any mind.

I wish someone would make a replacement sunroof frame so that you didn't have to replace the whole roof skin. I guess I need to figure out which way to go and run with it. I wonder how many of these will end up turning up before all is said and done. How many are accounted for now?
    ill have to get some close ups of my roof problems later, i cant help but feel i can save it without replacing the roof...maybe not..

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by KDavis View Post
    Does anyone have a breakdown of the Hertz Cars left? i know there were
    10 4E's i have a 4E, and the couple on here makes 4?
    10 9L's i think 1 one was mentioned on here?
    Original Breakdown is in this order consecutive vins. SVO Kip has the last white one. Not sure how many are left. Notice there are two sets of white ones.
    5-1B
    5-1E
    5-9L
    5-2A
    5-1C
    10-4E
    5-9L
    Kendal

We know of six survivors so far, right? Four of the 4E and two of the 9L? None of the other colors have been found?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Nottingham, PA now...from Perryville, MD...From Levittown, PA

is this the Texas car?
    My name is Andrew
    1986 GT Convertible- 2nd owner
    1984 SVO-Impound Yard find

FEP User

Yes, it came from Texas, but i beileve all the Hertz cars did at one time or another

FEP Power Member

Yes, it came from Texas, but i beileve all the Hertz cars did at one time or another
    They could be rented at Houston, Dallas and Atlanta.
    Kendal

I think what stableboy was asking was is it the car that was for sale in by the owner that lived in Texas and I beleive it was, owned by SergeantZ.

FEP User

Yes, it was, i had it shipped to nebraska from texas. I've had it a couple days now and couldn't be happier, dropped it off with a family mechanic who specializes in mustangs today to have some clutch work done, as well as a complete go over

FEP Senior Member

Nice find, good luck with her.
    Neal

FEP User

Default Build Thread

heard of people mention a build thread, assuming it would just be a thread following the restoration of someones car, i have been thinkin about starting one as i have ran into many problems with an 86 engine in an 85 svo, i thought the swap would have been pretty simple, but it appears that whoever attempted the exchange wasn't friendly with wiring or electricity. Im currently having alternator/volt regulator probems, (among lots of other things), but i figure if i start a build thread i can post up some pics, get some help and advice and hopefully save some time. Anyone reads this, let me know what you think, if you want/would be willing to help, Thanks Ken

heard of people mention a build thread, assuming it would just be a thread following the restoration of someones car, i have been thinkin about starting one as i have ran into many problems with an 86 engine in an 85 svo, i thought the swap would have been pretty simple, but it appears that whoever attempted the exchange wasn't friendly with wiring or electricity. Im currently having alternator/volt regulator probems, (among lots of other things), but i figure if i start a build thread i can post up some pics, get some help and advice and hopefully save some time. Anyone reads this, let me know what you think, if you want/would be willing to help, Thanks Ken
    See my sig for my 'build thread'.

What I do is put updates, cool things, bitch sessions etc. in the 'build thread' but start a new thread about each major problem I need help with.

Two reasons, first not everyone reads build threads and the expert may miss my question. Second, in a specific thread the answers are all in one place for someone who comes along later with the same issue. Also makes it more obvious in the 'search' results that the topic is covered.

Good luck with the build,

Chris
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

FEP User

Great advice, thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12