Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They were 45.00 plus 15.00 shipping
    86 coupe
    1993 GT
    My 10 Sec street cars

Can someone please tell me what caps you use on these valve covers. I have the factory covers on my 85 gt and i'm about to take them off because i can't find the spin on caps that fit right. I took the factory air cleaner off and put a ford racing air cleaner on the car so i don't want to run the factory caps because they have the lines coming off of them that hook to the air cleaner. I really like the covers and would like to keep them.

Got my valve covers back from the powder coater today.

86 coupe
    1993 GT
    My 10 Sec street cars

FEP Senior Member

man I got an extra set of these that I was thinking of selling, after seeing the powder coat job I may have to do the same. I like that paint/polish combo look on them.
    1984 1/2 GT 350 finally done (well almost)
    2012 Focus SEL
    1971 Ranchero - needs bodywork
    1995 F150 4X4 Flareside - it is fun!
    2014 F150 Tremor - Holy Smoke!

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by bscottie View Post
    man I got an extra set of these that I was thinking of selling, after seeing the powder coat job I may have to do the same. I like that paint/polish combo look on them.
    There used to be a guy at the Pomona swap meet that specilized in these valve covers. Powdercoated in many different colors for the street rods. he was doing an exchange last time I was out there.

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeraldRice View Post
    There used to be a guy at the Pomona swap meet that specilized in these valve covers. Powdercoated in many different colors for the street rods. he was doing an exchange last time I was out there.
    Thanks, I have two sets of these, the cleaner ones I just put on my 351W that I am fixing to put in my Ranchero, the second ones came with the 351. There are several powder coaters around ElCajon and East County, I dont get up to Pomona or n that direction much
    1984 1/2 GT 350 finally done (well almost)
    2012 Focus SEL
    1971 Ranchero - needs bodywork
    1995 F150 4X4 Flareside - it is fun!
    2014 F150 Tremor - Holy Smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by srad2drag View Post
    Got my valve covers back from the powder coater today.

Very nice!

I may buy spacers and use my original PBF covers on the GT. They wont clear the Scorpion RR... 3/8 stud w/o the spacers. Or, if a nice twist on cap style tall valve cover can be found, I'll use those.
    1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD.
    Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565542
    Mid Size LTD LX Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12