Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by mustang4life1985 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Jeff. Why don't you get a quick disconnect battery terminal for now? At least until you figure out what the problem is so it don't keep going dead.
    If it wasn't EFI I would but I don't want to keep disconnecting the ECM from the battery.

I will look at it more this weekend, just in a funk now and hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    If it wasn't EFI I would but I don't want to keep disconnecting the ECM from the battery.

I will look at it more this weekend, just in a funk now and hate it.
    That's what Ed picked up at Carlisle and his car still ran good. I know what you are saying though. I know how close you are with the car and really want to just enjoy it. I think my car's battery went dead because I don't think the glove box was shut right. I never realized there was a light in there till last night.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Thanks Paul! It was nice to meet Kevin and Tim tonight (I hope I got their names right). Yeah, where you were parked, I'd never seen that lot used before, or the other lot through the tunnel. It was amazing the amount of cars that were there. If I was a millionaire, I'd own a bunch of different stuff. Camaro's, Challengers, Chargers, Corvettes, etc.... There's so many that I like it's not even funny. I'd love to have all of us pull in together at some point and create our own "Mustang/Capri" alley. Kind of keep the Fox Bodies together if you know what I mean. That would be impressive for sure!
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Quote Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
    Thanks Paul! It was nice to meet Kevin and Tim tonight (I hope I got their names right). Yeah, where you were parked, I'd never seen that lot used before, or the other lot through the tunnel. It was amazing the amount of cars that were there. If I was a millionaire, I'd own a bunch of different stuff. Camaro's, Challengers, Chargers, Corvettes, etc.... There's so many that I like it's not even funny. I'd love to have all of us pull in together at some point and create our own "Mustang/Capri" alley. Kind of keep the Fox Bodies together if you know what I mean. That would be impressive for sure!
    It was nice seeing some guys from here last night. There were certainly a nice collection of cars there. I couldn't believe how many cars there were.

Pete, your car sounds perfect. Thank you for allowing Kayley and I to ride along with you. For me it was a treat riding in a cool car, all of mine are quiet and tame!

Jeff-

We all have issues with our cars. I don't think at any given time any of them are 'perfect'. Even my 2011 has some issues since I put the Procharger on it, that's why I didn't take it last night. Heck, my '86 needs tires and an alignment, but I never think of it until I drive it, which is hardly ever. So when I drive it, I'm dissappointed about it. I get frustrated, but it takes time to get things right. Its rare that there is nothing they ever don't need. The closest I ever came to a perfect running car was my Shelby, but even with that I had some teething problems when I put the Whipple on, and that was a setup a million guys had already proven before I got mine. The car would shut off and go into 'failsafe' with no warning, leaving it dead on the side of the road! All I'm saying is, you're not alone, we all know what its like. At the end of the day, you'll figure out the issue, or someone will come along and suggest what it is, then you fix it. Next time, just take your daily driver, park it, and hang out anyway. That's all it takes sometimes to get re-motivated. Sorry I can't be of anymore help than that.
    1987 Mustang GT
    S trim. 10.85 at 128. stock short block and stock T5.

2002 Mustang GT convertible.
    auto with 4.10's and tune.

2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe.
    11.33 at 127 bone stock everything.

Neither here nor there

Thanks guys...yeah I am a bit dissapointed I didn't go, but I just didn't even want to look at a car last night.... but hanging out with you guys would have made up for it. I will mess with the car this weekened and hopefully figure something out, if not I am going to look around who to send it too if Varn and I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
    No problem at all Pete. Your car looked awesome! I know the guys liked it. You have the names right Kevin (Kevkert) and Tim. I couldn't believe they had to use those lots last night and so glad I finally made it there. I took a shortcut home that took 25-30 min tops and worked out great! My new way to cruise there now too without the rt 1 traffic. We need to start 4 eye alley next time!

Thanks guys...yeah I am a bit dissapointed I didn't go, but I just didn't even want to look at a car last night.... but hanging out with you guys would have made up for it. I will mess with the car this weekened and hopefully figure something out, if not I am going to look around who to send it too if Varn and I can't find it.
    Hopefully you and Chris can figure it out, but if not take it for a diagnosis and get fixed so you can enjoy it for the BBQ. I will say I miss having CE Racing around for odd ball stuff like this.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Neither here nor there

Yes Bob was awesome, I miss him too

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

I wish I could help with the battery problem but I'm one of those guys that'll do wiring stuff on my car but I don't feel confident enough to do it on other people's cars. I wish I could help you but I'm not sure I'd be of any help. I know my brother had this problem in his '85 and he pulled out fuses to locate the circuit and eventually he found out where the problem was.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Jeff, we will figure it out Sunday, don't worry about it. Send me a text tomorrow during the day so I remeber to bring my meters home from work. I have a Fluke 867 graphical multi meter that is pretty sick, goes down to the .0000 for amperage draw. We will find this.
    79 Capri RS
    341 rwhp,348 rwtq 11.20@127

1939 Pontiac Deluxe 6. 73,xxx original miles. Barn find. Currently the secomd owner.

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

Yes Bob was awesome, I miss him too
    He was a real good guy and it was a big loss to the Mustang community. You'll get this squared away on Sunday.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123