Close

Default 1978 Zephyr Wagon w/factory 4 spd

Hi fellow Fox owners , what are your thoughts , opinions on a wagon I am considering buying ? It is a 78 Zephyr wagon with the inline six and factory 4 speed trans , bench seat , original paint and interior in quite good condition.
    Very well maintained and with about 85,000 miles on it. Runs and drives well , appear to have no rust or any issues....the seller is asking $1000 ? I think the 4-speed is interesting and it would look great with my TRX wheels from my GT (it has 14" whitewalls on it right now!) Let me know what price this should go for.....thanks.

If you don't buy it, many of us would leap at it. I'd show up with $1000 cash in a heartbeat. I'm not sure of an actual value but I see the Futuras going for over $2000 if they're really clean V8 cars; and many people like the wagons better.

Then again, I see drivable wagons for $500 (with issues)...this seems nicer than those.

So I'd guesstimate $1000 is fair, 1500 isn't unreasonable, 2000 if there's something unique about it (and I6/4-speed is almost that unique, especially if it's the 3+1 overdrive). Some of the rare I6/4speed bells were able to take a T5. That's a REALLY desirable piece.

SOLD -Well I guess I snoozed too long on this one. I phoned today and the car was sold last week . Its really too bad , I was getting keen on seeing it but was unavailable to drive the hour to go check it out until this weekend. Could of , should of.....