Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by foot2floor View Post
    Hey Trey its like 7ish years ago that you posted these pictures ... do you still have these and would you ever consider selling them?
    Yes, I do have them and no I will not sell them.

I do plan to make molds of the parts as I want to build a couple of replicas. After that I would consider selling replica parts if someone is interested.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Count me in! I'm thinking about building an SVRA car. My family took me to an SVRA at Indy on fathers day and I got the bug for sure! Lots of cool Boss 302's etc. No Fox's yet - gotta fix that!

Count me in! I'm thinking about building an SVRA car. My family took me to an SVRA at Indy on fathers day and I got the bug for sure! Lots of cool Boss 302's etc. No Fox's yet - gotta fix that!
    I would love to do the same. I don't know for sure, but you might want to check into the rules and regulations for the SVRA. I am not sure they will allow a Replica/Recreation into the mix. I believe you must have actual documentation and log books to get in. Not to say that you might be able to find an old chassis and build one off of that. Either way, I still love the look and the sounds of the 80's Trans AM and IMSA cars. Just brings back those old memories and excitement. We went to the IMSA Grand Prix of San Antonio every year they had it back in the late 80's and loved every minute of it. Well . . . Except for the Audi Quattro kicking EVERYONE"S butt there for a couple of years.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Better open your wallet BIG TIME if you intend to "Build/Buy" any type of V8 Mustang, Vintage race it and maintain it.

For 20+ years I raced a Corvette my 1966 Shelby GT 350 that we built and a 1969 Datsun 510 together for a period of time. Shelby tires $1200/every or every other race weekend. Datsun 1 set of tires for all season. Fuel Shelby $200-$300/weekend Datsun $75/weekend. Expect to spend $1500-$2000 EVERY RACE WEEKEND for entry fee, tires, fuel, broken $schitt, hauler fuel, lodging and all sorts of other stuff you never think of. Also expect to spend $2K-$4K on driving schools just to get your Vintage Motorsports Racing License as that's what it takes NOW to get a "Competition License" these days. I have run a lot of SVRA, HSR and other sanctioning body events across the USA. I've held a Vintage Motorsports Competition Racing License for 25+ years through HSR.

Vintage Racing is BY FAR THE MOST FUN I have ever had doing anything Motorsports related. It is also the MOST EXPENSIVE Motorsports related activity I have ever participated in. I am NOT saying don't do it just understand going in that buying/building a car is just the beginning!

By the way the Datsun 510 is far more fun to race than the big HP Shelby. The Datsun would stop and turn! TOTALLY different driving experience in each car. Ultimately both cars ran the same lap times at Road Atlanta (1.42 minutes/lap) with the Datsun a full 30 MPH SLOWER than the Shelby!

There certainly is a lot to this "Stopping and Turning" thing!
    Last edited by vintageracer; 07-02-2018 at 09:47 AM.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Blue Guardrail = Watkins Glen, very cool!!!
    ~Bryan

1985 Mustang GT w/ T-Tops, Original Paint, 160,XXX miles
    Mods: 600cfm Carb, Underdrive Pulleys, Subframe Connectors, 4pt G-Load Brace, MM Strut Tower brace, 8.8 rear w/ 3.55 gears & LCA's

Pics from production of "The Saleen Book"
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1027847075

http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select1271.htm

If you want to make a small fortune racing, start with a big fortune.
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

Lol. That’s about the truth too!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123