Close

Thread: Score!!!!

Default Score!!!!

So this is my story for today, I was at the garage and i was going to run an errand. so as i get into my Capri and start it. i notice out of th corner of my eye that someone was pulling into the driveway. i look and a guy in a 80's f350 dump truck pulled into the driveway and was waving me to come see him. i got out of my car and he started to talk to me and complimenting me on my Capri. then he said he lives down the street from the garage and has an 83 GT sitting in his yard, AND THAT HES GOING TO JUNK IT AND I CAN TAKE WHATEVER I WANT OFF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. its a black GT i think it was originally red. i put the VIN in the decoding thread hopefully Foxchassis can decode it. i snapped a picture of it and this weekend i will be there with my brothers pickup stripping everything i can off of it. the motor is out of it sitting on the ground with M/T valve covers and the carb still on it. tranny is still in the car (5speed) red interior im taking the seats that have netted headrest. honestly the hood isnt even bolted ill take that and the hatch that has a 3 piece spoiler. everyythinnnggggg i can possibly take i will grab

honestly what a great day! heres the pic:

Brandon

If you ain't first your last!

Dang lucky score man! Hows the rest of the car?
    A bunch of 85gt's

the guy said it was garaged for 15 years and for the past 4 its been outside. the doors seem solid same with the fenders and the panels. i didnt look underneath it. the interior is in decent shape the headliners hanging and the dashpads split a little. but the gauges steering wheel everything else is pretty good!
    Brandon

Might as well drag the whole car home.
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

Quote Originally Posted by 86capriASC View Post
    Might as well drag the whole car home.
    i would but the guys got a 100 foot driveway with about 6 cars that are junk infront of it. or course this is the last one against the house
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BM62391 View Post
    i would but the guys got a 100 foot driveway with about 6 cars that are junk infront of it. or course this is the last one against the house
    Well, make an arrangement and get the whole car. If it's last in line tell him you'd buy the car once the others are clear out of the way. If it's solid and mostly rust free it's a keeper where you're at.
    1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD.
    Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565542
    Mid Size LTD LX Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/

i would.. but i have no where to put it, and also i guess he knows a scrap guy who already is going to come get it the start of next week . i just want to grab anything i can, and if anyone needs anything let me know!
    Brandon

Hate to see a good restorable car go to the scrap yard! Grab the whole thing and store it somewhere.
    1986 GT / 5 speed. 331 stroker, AFR 185 heads, E303, Scorpion 1.6 RR's, Trick Flow intake, 70mm TB & EGR spacer, 30 lbs injectors/MAF, Cold Air Intake, MSD Ignition, Ford Racing shorty headers, Flowmaster exhaust w/OR H-pipe, Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator, Black Majic electric fan, 3.73 gears, 17x9 Cobra R wheels, 255/40/17 Nitto 555 tires up front and 275/40/17 Nitto 555R out back. Hotchkis CC plates, Strange Adjustable shocks/struts, Cobra disc brakes, Ford Racing B springs

Nottingham, PA now...from Perryville, MD...From Levittown, PA

take a van and strip it. hood, glass, lights, bumpers, any interior plastic,
    My name is Andrew
    1986 GT Convertible- 2nd owner
    1984 SVO-Impound Yard find

FEP Senior Member

get the rear bumper cover if it is good,Door panels also. hell, I'd love to have the hood for my 83.

i got a half ton pickup im bringing there. im grabbing everything possible. and i know its sad to see it stripped and i wouldnt be doing this but the guy told me hes already got arrangements for it to be picked up. and if anyone needs anything let me know im not looking to flip or make money off of anything just cover shipping, (if this should be in the parts for sale section would a moderator please let me know, i dont want to go against the guidelines)
    Brandon

Nice score.