Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Budget overhaul

Nice to hear, feels good to be back in the seat don't it :-)
    1979 tangerine capri, 40k miles, sn95 8.8, spindles, eibach v8 springs, caster camber plates, manual steering and brakes, Lincoln master cylinder, rebuilt 2.3t/t5 from 85 tbird, nothing much!

Thanks! I'm really glad to have it back together, and it's a relief that the engine runs the way it should. This is the second engine I've built, so I was fairly confident but you never know until you turn the key if it's actually going to run.

I would have liked to have refinished the turbo, and exhaust manifold, and other little things like painting the brake booster, but as it worked out I got called for jury duty at the end of January, and got chosen for a two week trial. A day into the trial, I received a notice from the city that I was in violation of code for having a derelict car with expired plates sitting in the driveway. They gave me until the 12th to remove the car, move it inside, or make it functional and legal. I had to accelerate the time table to get it finished on time. It turned out the office that sent the notice was in the same building as the court, and I'd been walking by the office every morning. So I just stopped in and told them I was serving on a jury, and they granted me an extension. As it worked out, it would have been driving on the 12th, aside from the fuel line issue.
    1986 Mustang Notch, 2.3L Turbo Project

FEP Senior Member

nice job, looks great Jimmy
    Neal

Hey Jimmy I started following your build thread a little over a year ago. Great detail!
    I am glad to hear that you are back in the saddle again and that it is running as you had hoped.

"If it runs on all four cylinders, doesn't make funny noises, or piss oil constantly, and actually stays together for a couple years, I'll be content."
    This was my favorite comment in the thread and I would like permission to re-use it.
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

Go for it. For the record, so far it doesn't leak a drop. The TPS sticks a bit (hanging idle), and the cheap BOV leaks, but it runs great and doesn't leak any fluids. I need to get under it and tighten up the downpipe, it shifted a bit and loosened up. It really needs a support from the mid-pipe to the converter hanger, the exhaust is too heavy to be supported by only the rubber hangers and turbocharger outlet.
    1986 Mustang Notch, 2.3L Turbo Project

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345