Close

Thread: sitting awhile

Default sitting awhile

I just bought a SVO from Kendal ( great guy !!! ) The car has basically been sitting since 1992. It currently has 72k miles. It runs great and all that.

My only concern, is the rear main seal and stuff like that. Since its been sitting is there anything you guys recommend i can put in to help soften the seals back up. Im going to be driving it daily.

Im planning on changing all the fluids and belts and rubber items..

I bought my SVO from Kendal about a month ago (yes he is a great guy). My car had been sitting since 94 the only problems I have had have been the valve seals and fuel system. The car ran good, but not under full boost and it started to ping. I pulled the fuel tank yesterday and it was full of rust from sitting so many years. I was planning on changing the dual fuel pumps to a single anyway. Did you buy the black one?

Sean

thanks for the info pace... yeah i bought the black one. Im planning on getting all the fuel out i can and putting fresh stuff in it. Im sure the tank needs to be dropped and cleaned out.

do you have any pics of the one you bought ? Id say your pinging issue is due to the old gas. Did you try higher octane gas ? After you get good gas in it if it still does it id say check your timing and such...
    Last edited by dpmeeks; 03-27-2011 at 09:27 AM.

The pics of the car are in my profile. I just ordered a new tank because the original was just way to rusty. I am sure a new tank, fuel pump, and fuel will fix the problem.

cool.. sounds good.. . how many miles on yours ? overall good shape ?

It has 82000 on it. It is in good condition there is no rust, the interior is good except for the headliner. It was repainted in the late 80's and it is showing its age. I plan on using it as a daily driver also.

yeah thats my plans also, i was wanting one i could drive and fix-up as i go. I have to get a dash pad, headliner, tires, & battery and ofcourse do some routine maint. and she should be good to go.