Close

Default electrical prob. PLZ HELP

Yesterday while i was fixing a no crank problem with my svo, i started to back the car out of the driveway and smoke started coming from under the dash I shut it off immediately. Anytime i turned the key on it would start smoking.

after freaking out and pulling the cluster and trying to figure out where it was coming from i decided to pull the pwr. window/etc fuse and now no smoke. This car doesnt have pwr. windows and the ETC has been deleted. It has a J3chip.

The best i can tell the PO had ran a jumper wire from that fuse box location to the foglight switch on the dash to run the cooling fan on a switch.

Is this why it caused the electrical problem ? How else can i wire up the cooling fan with the switch SAFELY without causing anymore electrical problems ?

Did you check to make sure the fan is not locked up? If it is frying the wires then it has a short of some sort. I would check all of the wiring from the switch to the fan. I would also install a fuse in all of the power wires.

Dan

It would also be a good idea to add a relay to that circuit, as well as a fuse.