Close

Default Unrealistic or not?

ARRGGG, I need a little clarity.. just received a call from the fella selling this car

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=110847

Asking if I was still interested, I told him my opinion that between 3-5K is in the ball park, 3 in the shape it is in with it's problems & 5 if it was pristine & he said he had an offer for 6500..& would I match that..well I think you know my answer..
    I've posted a huge amount of FYI ads & have seen some of the beautiful & clean cars that have sold & or been bought on this site for a lot less. I'm just totally baffled by what some people think the value on some of these cars is.
    Sorry for the rant but I just don't get it..

if he really got that offer, he'd be asking you to beat it.

the proper response when he tells you:

"man, that is great news! I think you should definitely take it if you got that offer in cash!" (make sure you sound enthusiastic).

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Why would he want you to "match" an offer? My thought is he actually got an offer of less than what he is claiming and he trying to get more out of it.

Yeah he's just blowing smoke up ur arse!!
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

The reason given was I was the first one to actually come & look at it & therefore offered first right of refusal..Suspect motive, maybe...
    I basically replied if some one is offering that kind of money go for it...
    I like to think I know value per condition but I can't see paying that kind of money for it..
    Last edited by onetrackrider; 03-18-2011 at 10:08 PM.